|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the men not discuss after Alan arrives?
(d) Interior design.
2. At what time of day does the story take place?
3. Where is Donald's home?
(a) Long Island.
4. What does Alan symbolize for the men?
(a) Living in denial.
(b) The need to succeed.
(c) The specter of death.
(d) The intrusion of mainstream society.
5. According to Michael, this is one of those parties where everybody is invited and ___________________________.
(a) Brings a covered dish.
(b) Brings a gift.
(c) Then unfortunately shows up.
(d) Does not RSVP.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
2. Who points out Harold to Cowboy?
3. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
4. What drink does Donald want?
5. What shocks Alan when he arrives?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)