|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic decide in chapter 9 that he doesn't want to do to Quilla June?
2. It is clear in chapter nine that sex is considered something very ________ by this community.
3. Why do you think Quilla June wants to leave the city?
4. If this is a story about love, who do you suppose loves the most?
5. What does Quilla June demand from Vic in chapter ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author of this book shows us a future world that could be different from our own. Discuss why you feel this world could possibly exist in our future. Why do you feel it could not exist?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Quilla June Holmes and explain why you think she behaves the way she does. Show at least three examples of her behavior and explain what this behavior tells you about her character.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how a "A Boy and His Dog" is a story about more than just a boy and a dog. Use specific examples from the story that show how Vic and Blood's relationship is different than a normal boy and his dog.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)