|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic tell Blood when he leaves for the "downunder"?
2. What important thing seems to be missing in the underground city?
3. Why do you suppose Vic continues on his journey and doesn't turn around and travel back to the surface?
4. What does Vic do after about a week in Topeka?
5. What is Blood scared of in chapter six?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author of this book examines some hard issues about human meaning and existence in his alternate future. Explain how this alternate future makes it easier to examine these issues. How does it make some issues harder to examine? Use three examples where the author needs an alternate future to make his point clearer.
Essay Topic 2
Blood seems to come to the rescue of Vic many times. Explain how Vic's life would be different if he didn't have Blood to help him. Use at least three examples from the book of how Blood has helped Vic and explain why these are important.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout most of the book, Blood keeps telling Vic that Quilla June is no good but Vic doesn't seem to want to listen. List specific examples of when his advice goes unheeded and then show how Vic finally proves to Blood that he agrees.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)