|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic have to do again at the bottom of the dropshaft?
2. At the end of the book, where are Blood and Vic headed?
3. Who greets Vic when the green box stops?
4. Why do you think Quilla June wants to leave the city?
5. How does Vic find Blood in chapter ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quilla June is also a victim of her circumstances. Use specific examples from the book to explain how she is influenced by those around her. Discuss what she is really searching for and what she really needs.
Essay Topic 2
Sex and love are usually associated with each other. Explain how this book separates them. Give four examples of love that are separated from sex, or sex that is separated from love in the book. Explain how this contrast works.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how Vic and Blood look at the world differently. List specific evidence from the book to support your views.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)