|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Vic not have been able to do without Blood?
2. What does Quiila June say her name is?
3. What do you suppose the Roverpak wants from Vic and Blood?
4. At the start of the second chapter Blood enters a trance state but is unable to find any what?
5. Who does Blood give Vic's rifle to after the Roverpak arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another name for the type of dog that Blood is?
2. Why does Vic follow the "chick" out of the theater?
3. How does the underground city make Vic feel?
4. What does Vic realize about his feelings for Quilla June at the end of the book?
5. How do the city people view sex?
6. Why must Vic check his guns at the door to the theater?
7. Why does Vic keep telling Quilla June "yes" when she asks if he loves her?
8. Why does the "chick" run into the YMCA?
9. Are there things about Vic and Blood's world that seem strange? What types of things make this world different from ours?
10. What do the people in Topeka do to keep busy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how a "A Boy and His Dog" is a story about more than just a boy and a dog. Use specific examples from the story that show how Vic and Blood's relationship is different than a normal boy and his dog.
Essay Topic 2
The author of this book examines some hard issues about human meaning and existence in his alternate future. Explain how this alternate future makes it easier to examine these issues. How does it make some issues harder to examine? Use three examples where the author needs an alternate future to make his point clearer.
Essay Topic 3
If you could be any character in this book, which character would you be? How would you have acted similarly to the book character and what would you have done differently? Why?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)