|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a shortage of females in the upper world?
2. Where does Vic find the girl?
3. What news does Blood not want to hear from Vic?
4. What can we tell about Blood from his and Vic's communications?
5. Vic and Blood have a partnership. Vic helps Blood find food. What does Blood help Vic find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Vic check his guns at the door to the theater?
2. The titles of movies playing in the theater are either full of violence or sex. Why is this?
3. Why is Vic so eager to find Quilla June again?
4. What do the people in Topeka do to keep busy?
5. Why do no other dogs in the theater sense the "chick"?
6. Why is the boiler room a safe place to hide during the fire?
7. Why does Blood take Vic's rifle to Quilla June?
8. Why does Vic cover Quilla June with lots of wrestling mats?
9. Quilla June's father is killed by Vic. How does he do it?
10. Why do you suppose they give Vic the run of the town and allow him to find his weapons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could be any character in this book, which character would you be? How would you have acted similarly to the book character and what would you have done differently? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how a "A Boy and His Dog" is a story about more than just a boy and a dog. Use specific examples from the story that show how Vic and Blood's relationship is different than a normal boy and his dog.
Essay Topic 3
Sex and love are usually associated with each other. Explain how this book separates them. Give four examples of love that are separated from sex, or sex that is separated from love in the book. Explain how this contrast works.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)