|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vic chasing the "chick"?
2. Where is Quilla June at the end of chapter five?
3. What does Vic find after their nap that surprises him?
4. Vic climbs a rope to where before the Roverpak shows up?
5. Blood descended from two special dog ancestors. What were his ancestor's names?
Short Essay Questions
1. Blood tells the story of how girls where eliminated from the upper world. Why are there no girls?
2. Why does the "chick" run into the YMCA?
3. What characteristic of the city is the hardest for Vic to deal with?
4. Blood finds Vic sex; what does Vic help Blood with?
5. Quilla June's father is killed by Vic. How does he do it?
6. Why does Quilla June keep asking Vic if he loves her as they are leaving the city?
7. Vic has just tried to rape Quilla June. Why might she then snuggle under Vic's arm during the fire?
8. Which of Blood's ancestors made him telepathic?
9. How is the underground city quite different from the surface?
10. Why does Blood stay on the surface and not follow Vic downunder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quilla June is also a victim of her circumstances. Use specific examples from the book to explain how she is influenced by those around her. Discuss what she is really searching for and what she really needs.
Essay Topic 2
Blood is intelligent and telepathic. Explain in detail how this story would be different if Blood didn't have these abilities. Use specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the ending of this book provides a very unforeseen twist. What do you think the twist has to do with the moral of this story?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)