|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Vic?
(a) He is a teenager.
(c) About twenty-three.
(d) He is thirty-five.
2. According to the story, how are most babies born in the upper world?
(b) Boys who grow up very tough.
(c) Mutants who have to be killed.
3. What is Blood's great suggestion after their encounter with the Roverpak?
(a) To kill as many dogs as possible.
(b) To run away while they still can.
(c) To make peace with the Roverpak.
(d) To fake their deaths with a fire.
4. What does Blood find in the theater?
(a) A "chick".
(b) A big fight.
(c) A Browning .22 rifle.
(d) A large basket of food.
5. What would make the Roverpak happy?
(a) If they could just make peace with Vic and Blood.
(b) If they could just have the girl.
(c) If all of Vic's party where dead but the girl.
(d) If they could just have Blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be deduced from Vic's reaction when the Roverpak shows up?
2. What is Topeka?
3. In order to prevent the chick from the theater from escaping, what does Vic do?
4. Where does Vic make Quilla June hide before the Roverpak arrives?
5. What could Vic not have been able to do without Blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blood stay on the surface and not follow Vic downunder?
2. Why does Quilla June demand that Vic abandon Blood and head out to another city without him?
3. Why does Quilla June keep asking Vic if he loves her as they are leaving the city?
4. What kinds of things are missing from the underground city?
5. What is strange about the sign "Breeder-con" that Vic sees on his way down to the city?
6. Blood finds Vic sex; what does Vic help Blood with?
7. Why is the boiler room a safe place to hide during the fire?
8. How do the city people view sex?
9. After the fight with the Roverpak, why is Blood's idea to burn the building down a good one?
10. What evidence leads you to believe that Vic might have killed Quilla June and that she didn't just leave on her own?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)