|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blood calls his master another name to annoy him. That other name is?
2. In chapter five, the state of Texas is?
(a) A "downunder" city.
(b) A large city-state.
(c) A place that has survived a nuclear attack.
(d) Not mentioned.
3. What does Blood find in the theater?
(a) A "chick".
(b) A Browning .22 rifle.
(c) A large basket of food.
(d) A big fight.
4. What news does Blood not want to hear from Vic?
(a) That he is in love with Quilla June.
(b) That he wants to move to Topeka.
(c) That they should find the Roverpak and give them Quilla June.
(d) That all three of them will now be traveling together.
5. When Vic asks Blood why he doesn't like Quilla June, what does he communicate?
(a) He thinks she is too violent.
(b) He hates all girls.
(c) He does like how she looks.
(d) That he senses she will cause trouble for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character acts the most intelligently in chapter four?
2. Why is there a shortage of females in the upper world?
3. At the end of chapter three, what is one thing the reader really wants to know?
4. What important question does Quilla June ask Vic in chapter five?
5. What is one thing that is not explained in chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event does the news Blood brings in the YMCA interrupt?
2. What two things seem to occupy Vic's mind all the time?
3. Why does Vic follow the "chick" out of the theater?
4. What does Vic realize about his feelings for Quilla June at the end of the book?
5. Why is the news that Blood brings Vic inside the gym important?
6. Quilla June's father is killed by Vic. How does he do it?
7. What evidence leads you to believe that Vic might have killed Quilla June and that she didn't just leave on her own?
8. Why does Quilla June keep asking Vic if he loves her as they are leaving the city?
9. In chapter four who is the most intelligent character?
10. The Roverpak has degraded to an armed gang of boys and dogs. Why is this?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)