|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Blood not want to hear from Vic?
(a) That they should find the Roverpak and give them Quilla June.
(b) That he is in love with Quilla June.
(c) That all three of them will now be traveling together.
(d) That he wants to move to Topeka.
2. What seems strange to us about the world that Vic lives in?
(a) There are more girls than boys.
(b) There seems to be no law enforcement.
(c) People are fighting to survive.
(d) People are nice to each other for no reason.
3. Vic and Blood have a partnership. Vic helps Blood find food. What does Blood help Vic find?
4. How old is Vic?
(a) He is a teenager.
(c) About twenty-three.
(d) He is thirty-five.
5. Which character acts the most intelligently in chapter four?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do you suppose the other Roverpak found Vic and the girl?
2. According to the story, how are most babies born in the upper world?
3. Who is the girl that Vic is chasing out of the theater?
4. What makes Blood a special dog?
5. At the start of the second chapter Blood enters a trance state but is unable to find any what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things seem to occupy Vic's mind all the time?
2. Why does Vic take his weapon away from Quilla June when she is shooting at the mob?
3. What does Vic realize about his feelings for Quilla June at the end of the book?
4. Why does Quilla June keep asking Vic if he loves her as they are leaving the city?
5. After the fight with the Roverpak, why is Blood's idea to burn the building down a good one?
6. Why does the food in Topeka taste like chalk?
7. Why were dogs like Blood created?
8. Why must Vic check his guns at the door to the theater?
9. Why does Vic tell Blood he will be back quickly from the "downunder"?
10. Why does Vic slap Quilla June after the battle to stop her from crying?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)