|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a shortage of females in the upper world?
(a) Most were now mutants.
(b) Most were killed during the war.
(c) Most were now married.
(d) They all move downunder.
2. Vic climbs a rope to where before the Roverpak shows up?
(a) Wood platform.
(b) Steel girder.
(d) Water tank.
3. What injection made Blood have special abilities?
(a) Human stem cells
(b) Baboon brain tissue.
(c) Genetically altered dolphin spinal fluid.
(d) A special psycotropic drug.
4. What is one surprising thing in chapter three that Blood has taught Vic how to do?
(c) Sense a chick's presence.
(d) Chase women.
5. Which character acts the most intelligently in chapter four?
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Vic not have been able to do without Blood?
2. After Vic gets Quilla June out of her hiding place, what does he do?
3. What seems strange to us about the world that Vic lives in?
4. In chapter three, what does Blood seem sincerely interested in?
5. What is the Roverpak like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Blood tells the story of how girls where eliminated from the upper world. Why are there no girls?
2. What does Quilla June use to put Vic off guard?
3. The titles of movies playing in the theater are either full of violence or sex. Why is this?
4. Why does Vic keep telling Quilla June "yes" when she asks if he loves her?
5. What evidence leads you to believe that Vic might have killed Quilla June and that she didn't just leave on her own?
6. Why does Blood stay on the surface and not follow Vic downunder?
7. Why does Vic cover Quilla June with lots of wrestling mats?
8. Why does Vic decide he doesn't want to kill Quilla June for revenge anymore?
9. Why do Vic and Quilla June travel back to the dropshaft after they escape from the city out the airshaft?
10. How is the underground city quite different from the surface?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)