|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vic have to do again at the bottom of the dropshaft?
(a) Pass through a metal detector.
(b) Use his key.
(c) Do an iris scan.
(d) Use an indentity card.
2. We find out in chapter nine why Quilla was sent to the surface to get boys. Why was she sent to get boys?
(a) Provide protection for the Topekans.
(b) Marry the women in Topeka.
(c) Impregnate the women in Topeka.
(d) Find food for Topeka.
3. What does Topeka look like?
(a) New York City.
(b) Neat little houses with curvy streets.
(c) A small metal dome with robotic guards.
(d) A sunny field filled with flowers and grass
4. Who is introduced to Vic as his first lady?
(a) Quilla June's mother.
(b) An unknown woman.
(c) Quilla June.
(d) Cynthia Victoria.
5. What do the people of Topeka tell Vic he must do before they can use his help?
(a) Have a physical.
(b) Get to know Topeka.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Talk with Quilla June.
6. What do the people of Topeka really need?
(a) Certain kinds of men.
(d) Men who can fight.
7. What does Vic find in the "downunder"?
(a) Forests filled with bugs and birds.
(b) A bright blue lake that is bordered by sand.
(c) Bombed out buildings and tattered rags.
(d) A town that stretches to the horizon.
8. What does Vic find at the location he goes to in chapter ten?
(a) Blood waiting for him.
(b) Quilla June's father, Lew.
(c) Lots of angry people.
(d) Another angry Roverpak.
9. What are the people in Topeka doing when Vic arrives?
(a) Raking lawns and sitting in rocking chairs.
(b) Looking at him out windows.
(c) Painting siding and working on roofs.
(d) No people can be seen.
10. What does Quilla June do after she makes her demand in chapter ten?
(a) She tells Vic she loves him.
(b) She pouts.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
11. What does Blood tell Vic when he leaves for "downunder"?
(a) He will go with him.
(b) He will wait for him.
(c) He will wait or maybe not wait.
(d) He will not wait for him.
12. Why does Vic want to leave the city?
(a) He loves Quilla June.
(b) He thinks they are mad at him for having sex.
(c) He misses Blood.
(d) He is bored.
13. What is the food like in Topeka?
(a) It is delicious.
(b) It tastes like chalk.
(c) It's not very abundant.
(d) It is brightly colored.
14. What emotion best describes your feelings as you read chapter seven?
15. What is all the food in Topeka like?
(b) Brightly colored.
(c) Extremely tasty.
(d) Made from fruits and nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quilla June demand from Vic in chapter ten?
2. What do you suppose happened to Quilla June at the end of the book?
3. What mysterious object does Vic find after Quilla June leaves?
4. Why do you think Quilla June wants to leave the city?
5. How does Vic enter the dropshaft?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)