|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vic's answer to the important question Quilla June asks him?
(c) He doesn't answer.
2. Who is the most important character in chapter seven?
(c) Quilla June.
3. What is the food like in Topeka?
(a) It tastes like chalk.
(b) It is delicious.
(c) It's not very abundant.
(d) It is brightly colored.
4. How does Vic return to the surface?
(a) The same way he got to the city.
(b) Through a secret exit.
(c) Through an air intake duct.
(d) Through a water supply pipe.
5. What is Blood scared of in chapter six?
(a) Quilla June's parents.
(b) To be by himself, hurt and hungry.
(d) More Roverpak's coming.
6. What other strong reaction does Vic have about the underground city?
7. What does Blood threaten to do when Vic is leaving?
(a) He will find a place to die.
(b) Wait for him forever.
(c) Tell his parents.
(d) Find another boy.
8. What emotion best describes your feelings as you read chapter seven?
9. What does Blood want after Quilla June leaves?
(a) To find the Roverpak.
(d) An identity card.
10. How does Vic find Blood in chapter ten?
(a) He find him back at the theater.
(b) He returns to the dropshaft.
(c) Blood finds them.
(d) He meets him in the desert.
11. Why do you think Quilla June wants to leave the city?
(a) She has killed her father.
(b) The robots want her dead.
(c) The city is about to explode.
(d) She is trapped in a boring sterile world with no fun.
12. Why does Vic want to leave the city?
(a) He misses Blood.
(b) He loves Quilla June.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He thinks they are mad at him for having sex.
13. What warning that Blood gives to Vic keeps coming back to haunt him while he is exploring the "downunder"?
(a) That he will find Quilla June.
(b) That he will not be able to return to the surface.
(c) That the Roverpak will find him.
(d) That he will be killed.
14. Why do you suppose the author has described no law enforcement people in Vic's world?
(a) He doesn't like police.
(b) Law enforcement would make the story meaner.
(c) They are unimportant to the story.
(d) The characters act less inhibited.
15. At the end of the book, where are Blood and Vic headed?
(a) Back to Topeka.
(b) Back to the theater.
(c) Back to the gym.
(d) Across the wasteland to another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vic's thinking during chapter six?
2. What does Vic find in the "downunder"?
3. What reason is given to Vic for why Topeka needs him?
4. What do the people of Topeka tell Vic he must do before they can use his help?
5. What does Vic realize in chapter ten after Quilla makes her demand?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)