|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blood threaten to do when Vic is leaving?
(a) Wait for him forever.
(b) Find another boy.
(c) Tell his parents.
(d) He will find a place to die.
2. What does Vic realize in chapter ten after Quilla makes her demand?
(a) His world is hopeless.
(b) He cannot make it without Blood.
(c) He loves Quilla June.
(d) He needs to return to the city of help.
3. What important occurrence is not explained in chapter six?
(a) Where the penicillin came from.
(b) How Quilla June returns to the "downunder".
(c) Why Blood is troubled at Vic's leaving.
(d) How Vic is able to enter the dropshaft.
4. Why do you think Quilla June wants to leave the city?
(a) She has killed her father.
(b) The city is about to explode.
(c) She is trapped in a boring sterile world with no fun.
(d) The robots want her dead.
5. According to Blood, how long have he and Vic been together?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
6. What does Vic find at the location he goes to in chapter ten?
(a) Lots of angry people.
(b) Quilla June's father, Lew.
(c) Another angry Roverpak.
(d) Blood waiting for him.
7. "A Boy and His Dog" was written during what decade?
(a) The 1940's.
(b) The 1990's.
(c) Between 2010 and 2020.
(d) The 1960's.
8. What do the people of Topeka tell Vic he must do before they can use his help?
(a) Get to know Topeka.
(b) Talk with Quilla June.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Have a physical.
9. What is the first thing Vic notices about the first lady he is introduced to?
(a) She is very ugly.
(b) A blue ribbon in her hair.
(c) Her green eyes.
(d) She is carrying a gun.
10. What other strong reaction does Vic have about the underground city?
11. What does Topeka look like?
(a) New York City.
(b) A small metal dome with robotic guards.
(c) Neat little houses with curvy streets.
(d) A sunny field filled with flowers and grass
12. What does the sign say the population of Topeka is?
13. What mysterious object does Vic find after Quilla June leaves?
(a) A small handgun.
(b) An indentity card.
(c) An addressed letter.
(d) Some penicillin.
14. What does Quilla June do after she makes her demand in chapter ten?
(a) She cries.
(b) She tells Vic she loves him.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She pouts.
15. How does Topeka not differ from the surface world?
(a) It is dark.
(b) People are not very happy.
(c) People carry guns.
(d) There is lots of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning that Blood gives to Vic keeps coming back to haunt him while he is exploring the "downunder"?
2. What does Quilla June do to the women chasing her and Vic?
3. What does Vic do after about a week in Topeka?
4. A major historical event influencing the story development of "A Boy and His Dog was?
5. Why do you think Quilla June is so confused in chapter nine?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)