|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vic end up in Topeka while traveling in the green box?
(a) At city hall.
(b) At the mayor's office.
(c) At the Better Business Bureau.
(d) At a bomb shelter.
2. What emotion best describes your feelings as you read chapter seven?
3. What mysterious object does Vic find after Quilla June leaves?
(a) Some penicillin.
(b) A small handgun.
(c) An addressed letter.
(d) An indentity card.
4. What does Topeka look like?
(a) New York City.
(b) A sunny field filled with flowers and grass
(c) A small metal dome with robotic guards.
(d) Neat little houses with curvy streets.
5. What do you suppose happened to Quilla June at the end of the book?
(a) She returned to the city.
(b) She was taken by another Roverpak.
(c) She became food for Blood and Vic.
(d) She left Blood and Vic alone.
6. What does Vic want after Quilla June leaves?
(b) A hug.
(c) To help Blood find food.
(d) To find medicine for Blood.
7. What is Vic's answer to the important question Quilla June asks him?
(c) He doesn't answer.
8. What does Vic have to do again at the bottom of the dropshaft?
(a) Do an iris scan.
(b) Pass through a metal detector.
(c) Use his key.
(d) Use an indentity card.
9. What do the people of Topeka really need?
(a) Certain kinds of men.
(d) Men who can fight.
10. Why do you suppose the author has described no law enforcement people in Vic's world?
(a) They are unimportant to the story.
(b) The characters act less inhibited.
(c) Law enforcement would make the story meaner.
(d) He doesn't like police.
11. According to Blood, how long have he and Vic been together?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Three years.
12. What would be the best word to describe Vic's emotion as he travels into the city?
13. What does Blood want after Quilla June leaves?
(b) To find the Roverpak.
(d) An identity card.
14. Where is chapter seven set?
(c) New York City.
15. Does Vic come to understand love better by the end of the book?
(d) He understands love very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you think Vic believes is love by the end of the book?
2. What important question does Quilla June ask Vic as they are leaving the city?
3. Vic's first reaction to the news of why the Topekan's need him is ____________.
4. How does Topeka not differ from the surface world?
5. What does the entrance dropshaft to the "downunder" look like?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)