|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do you suppose Vic continues on his journey and doesn't turn around and travel back to the surface?
(a) He is curious about Topeka.
(b) He is mad at Blood.
(c) He is looking for sex.
(d) He wants to find Quilla June.
2. What is Vic's answer to the important question Quilla June asks him?
(a) He doesn't answer.
3. Why do you suppose the author has described no law enforcement people in Vic's world?
(a) They are unimportant to the story.
(b) Law enforcement would make the story meaner.
(c) He doesn't like police.
(d) The characters act less inhibited.
4. Why is Blood happy at the end of the book?
(a) He knows Quilla June and Vic are in love.
(b) Vic has escaped the city alive.
(c) He is completely healed.
(d) He is full of food.
5. Why do you think Quilla June is so confused in chapter nine?
(a) Her father beat her.
(b) She thinks she is in love.
(c) She misses Blood.
(d) She hates Vic.
6. What do the older people want to do after the disgusting thing occurs between Vic and his first lady?
(a) Kill the couple.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Go to church and repent.
7. What does one sign say as Vic travels down the dropshaft?
(a) "This way to Topeka".
(b) "Abandon all hope those who enter here".
8. What does Blood tell Vic when he leaves for "downunder"?
(a) He will wait for him.
(b) He will wait or maybe not wait.
(c) He will not wait for him.
(d) He will go with him.
9. What does the sign say the population of Topeka is?
10. What important question does Quilla June ask Vic as they are leaving the city?
(a) "Are you sure you want to leave the city?".
(b) "Do you love me?".
(c) "Did you kill my father?".
(d) "Do you think we will escape?".
11. What is all the food in Topeka like?
(a) Extremely tasty.
(b) Brightly colored.
(c) Made from fruits and nuts.
12. What mysterious object does Vic find after Quilla June leaves?
(a) Some penicillin.
(b) An indentity card.
(c) An addressed letter.
(d) A small handgun.
13. "A Boy and His Dog" was written during what decade?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1990's.
(c) The 1940's.
(d) Between 2010 and 2020.
14. Who is introduced to Vic as his first lady?
(a) Quilla June.
(b) Quilla June's mother.
(c) An unknown woman.
(d) Cynthia Victoria.
15. How does Topeka not differ from the surface world?
(a) People carry guns.
(b) It is dark.
(c) There is lots of food.
(d) People are not very happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic do after about a week in Topeka?
2. We find out in chapter nine why Quilla was sent to the surface to get boys. Why was she sent to get boys?
3. Does Vic make it to the surface?
4. At the end of the book, where are Blood and Vic headed?
5. What does Vic find in the "downunder"?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)