|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. H, Yokota and George go to the farm to get what?
2. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
3. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
4. What does H plan to do at the "Hold on Bridge?"
5. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of H's most prominent characteristics is his resourcefulness, which sometimes leads to trouble. Provide examples of H using his resourcefulness and determine whether or not he has a sense of right and wrong.
Essay Topic 2
Who or what is the antagonist of the story? Provide examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Due to the war, H experiences many things that a normal childhood would not have included. This is especially true of his school life. Discuss how H's school life is affected by the war.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)