|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country announces its surrender?
2. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
3. What do the boys intend to do with the rifle club's rifles?
4. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
5. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
Essay Topic 1
The atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki had a major effect on the war in the Pacific. Explain how this is made evident in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship between H and his father with that of H and his mother.
Essay Topic 3
What personality traits and personal strengths did Toshiko, Morio, and H call upon in order to cope with life in war time Japan?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)