|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
2. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
3. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
4. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
5. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, H observes the actions and reactions of the people closest to him. The manner in which these characters handle situations leading up to and during the war affects their relationships with the young, impressionable H. Choose a character from the novel and discuss how a) the events of the war affected their relationship with H, and b) how they personally influenced H's opinions of the war.
Essay Topic 2
Who or what is the antagonist of the story? Provide examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
The characters of the novel are predominately male. How are women portrayed in "A Boy Called H," and how are they viewed by our protagonist?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)