|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nosaka blame Japan's devastation on?
2. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
3. Who objects to Toshiko feeding the starving soldier?
4. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
5. Where does Mr. Naito live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the war progresses people grow increasingly paranoid. Restrictions are put in place to hinder sabotage and spying. Those living in Japan who are not Japanese are looked at suspiciously. Discuss the plight of foreigners in wartime Japan.
Essay Topic 2
Argue both sides of the following statement: "During wartime, media censorship is an acceptable measure." Provide examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
The characters of the novel are predominately male. How are women portrayed in "A Boy Called H," and how are they viewed by our protagonist?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)