|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
2. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
3. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
4. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
5. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1As the war progresses people grow increasingly paranoid. Restrictions are put in place to hinder sabotage and spying. Those living in Japan who are not Japanese are looked at suspiciously. Discuss the plight of foreigners in wartime Japan.
Essay Topic 2Compare and contrast the public opinion of the Emperor in pre-war and post-war Japan.
Essay Topic 3Compare and contrast wartime Kobe with the countryside where H's family lives.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)