|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spurs H to storm out of the apartment?
2. Why does H return to Kobe?
3. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
4. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
5. For which bird is H's workplace named?
Essay Topic 1
The characters of the novel are predominately male. How are women portrayed in "A Boy Called H," and how are they viewed by our protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
The novel begins before the war when H is still a young boy, and ends after the war with H making a living. As a result of the war, is H forced to grow up more quickly? If the war had not happened, how do you think his childhood and teen years would have differed?
Essay Topic 3
Due to the war, H experiences many things that a normal childhood would not have included. This is especially true of his school life. Discuss how H's school life is affected by the war.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)