Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spurs H to storm out of the apartment?
2. Why does H return to Kobe?
3. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
4. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
5. For which bird is H's workplace named?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, we see numerous examples of "blind faith" - Toshiko's undying belief in God, the Japanese's adoration of the Emperor, and the unquestioned belief that Japan will be victorious in the war. Our protagonist, H, seems to be against the grain, as he questions most everything he hears. Is H faithless? Or does H believe in something other than the power of religion, government, or military?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast wartime Kobe with the countryside where H's family lives.
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is the antagonist of the story? Provide examples to support your argument.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)