|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
2. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
3. What do the boys agree should be done with the rifles?
4. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
5. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue both sides of the following statement: "During wartime, media censorship is an acceptable measure." Provide examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
One of H's most prominent characteristics is his resourcefulness, which sometimes leads to trouble. Provide examples of H using his resourcefulness and determine whether or not he has a sense of right and wrong.
Essay Topic 3
The most dire situations can sometimes bring out the best in people. Discuss the theme of compassion as it relates to the story.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)