|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
2. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
3. What shocks H about the artists he meets?
4. What does Toshiko bring back with her from the country?
5. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who or what is the antagonist of the story? Provide examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, H observes the actions and reactions of the people closest to him. The manner in which these characters handle situations leading up to and during the war affects their relationships with the young, impressionable H. Choose a character from the novel and discuss how a) the events of the war affected their relationship with H, and b) how they personally influenced H's opinions of the war.
Essay Topic 3
The characters of the novel are predominately male. How are women portrayed in "A Boy Called H," and how are they viewed by our protagonist?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)