|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
2. What does H promise to do in order to help his father's business?
3. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
4. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
5. During the air raid, where does H go to hide from the enemy plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christianity is practiced by many in Japan, including the Senoh family. Prior to and during the war, how is Christianity viewed in the eyes of:
c) Japan as a whole
Essay Topic 2
Near the end of the novel, we not only see the devastating impact that the war had on Kobe, but also the toll it took on H's emotional state. Discuss in detail the evidence of his emotional deterioration.
Essay Topic 3
The characters of the novel are predominately male. How are women portrayed in "A Boy Called H," and how are they viewed by our protagonist?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)