|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
2. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
3. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
4. What does Mrs. Tazaki want to swap her sweet potatoes for?
5. What is worrying H in Chapter 47?
Essay Topic 1
The characters of the novel are predominately male. How are women portrayed in "A Boy Called H," and how are they viewed by our protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Argue both sides of the following statement: "During wartime, media censorship is an acceptable measure." Provide examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
War breeds suspicion, paranoia, and distrust. In the novel, we see these concepts exhibited on a global scale as well as within the smaller confines of Kobe. Discuss how these concepts are intensified by:
a) The Japanese military
b) The newspapers
c) Rumors circulating Kobe
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)