|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
2. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
3. What is worrying H in Chapter 47?
4. Where does Mr. Naito live?
5. What is something H has always wanted to try?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christianity is practiced by many in Japan, including the Senoh family. Prior to and during the war, how is Christianity viewed in the eyes of:
c) Japan as a whole
Essay Topic 2
One of H's most prominent characteristics is his resourcefulness, which sometimes leads to trouble. Provide examples of H using his resourcefulness and determine whether or not he has a sense of right and wrong.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the public opinion of the Emperor in pre-war and post-war Japan.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)