|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
2. How does H learn lettering?
3. What sport does H dislike?
4. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
5. Where does Mr. Naito live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between H and his father with that of H and his mother.
Essay Topic 2
Who or what is the antagonist of the story? Provide examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Due to the war, H experiences many things that a normal childhood would not have included. This is especially true of his school life. Discuss how H's school life is affected by the war.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)