|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
2. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
3. What message does Mr. Kawano send to H?
4. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
5. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between H and his father with that of H and his mother.
Essay Topic 2
War breeds suspicion, paranoia, and distrust. In the novel, we see these concepts exhibited on a global scale as well as within the smaller confines of Kobe. Discuss how these concepts are intensified by:
a) The Japanese military
b) The newspapers
c) Rumors circulating Kobe
Essay Topic 3
Christianity is practiced by many in Japan, including the Senoh family. Prior to and during the war, how is Christianity viewed in the eyes of:
c) Japan as a whole
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)