|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H feel about living at the Church?
(a) H feels at home.
(b) H feels inspired.
(c) H feels lucky.
(d) H feels uneasy and uncomfortable.
2. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
(a) H speaks negatively about the Japanese military.
(b) H turns in a blank test sheet.
(c) H starts an argument with another student.
(d) H cuts classes.
3. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
(a) The school has become a factory.
(b) The school has become a medical center.
(c) The school has become a high school.
(d) The school has burned down.
4. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(a) All Kobe citizens.
(b) Civil servants.
(d) Military police.
5. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
(a) Uncle Hadano.
(b) H's favorite God.
(c) Prime Minister Tojo.
(d) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H rip down the Japanese Progressive Party poster?
2. Which character works for the newspaper?
3. In the Kobe General Election, for which party is Sanzo Nosaka running?
4. Who is Koiso?
5. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)