|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what makes H furious?
(a) Being forced to help the military policeman.
(b) The secrecy of the Japanese military.
(c) The American pilot's behavior.
(d) Being sent to Mitsubishi Electric.
2. Who does Nosaka blame Japan's devastation on?
(a) The military commanders.
(b) The Japanese people.
(d) The Emperor.
3. What is something H has always wanted to try?
(b) Playing a guitar.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
4. Where does H go when he leaves home in Chapter 48?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A deserted classroom.
(c) The shell of a bombed house.
(d) His uncle Hadano's house.
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
(a) Bring them snacks.
(b) Draw sketches of them for free.
(c) Run errands for them.
(d) Show them around Kobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H decide to help with his family's financial problems?
2. Why does Morio quit his job at the fire station?
3. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
4. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
5. What is Masaru Sayema obsessed with?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)