|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) The vice-principal.
(b) Uncle Hadano.
(d) Mr. Tamori.
2. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Potsdam Declaration.
(b) The Truman Declaration.
(c) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(d) The Versailles Declaration.
3. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
(a) A Japanese military officer.
(b) An old man and his grandson.
(c) A sickly woman.
(d) Two American troops.
4. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(a) Civil servants.
(c) Military police.
(d) All Kobe citizens.
5. What two things does H realize have gone unchanged by the war?
(a) The sea and sky.
(b) The trees and the sky.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) The grass and the flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
2. What does Mrs. Tazaki want to swap her sweet potatoes for?
3. What spurs H to storm out of the apartment?
4. What shocks H about the artists he meets?
5. What is Masaru Sayema obsessed with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)