|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
(a) The movie theatre.
(b) The school.
(c) The armory.
(d) By the riverbank.
2. Who does Nosaka blame Japan's devastation on?
(a) The Japanese people.
(b) The Emperor.
(d) The military commanders.
3. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
(a) H has the flu.
(b) H is spiritually sick.
(c) H is tougher than he thought.
(d) H is happy living on his own.
4. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
(a) H's family is approved for municipal housing.
(b) H earns an art scholarship.
(c) Uncle Hadano's health is improved.
(d) Morio will receive a business grant.
5. After the end of the war, who replaces the military as the figure of authority?
(a) The occupational forces.
(b) The American President.
(c) The local police chief.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
2. What does H decide to study?
3. What do the boys intend to do with the rifle club's rifles?
4. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)