|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
(a) The movie theatre.
(b) The armory.
(c) The school.
(d) By the riverbank.
2. Which country announces its surrender?
(b) The Soviet Union.
3. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
(a) H's family is approved for municipal housing.
(b) H earns an art scholarship.
(c) Morio will receive a business grant.
(d) Uncle Hadano's health is improved.
4. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
(a) The school has burned down.
(b) The school has become a high school.
(c) The school has become a medical center.
(d) The school has become a factory.
5. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
(a) They are falling ill.
(b) They are getting injured in air raids.
(c) They are being sent to the front.
(d) They are being forced to work night shifts in the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
2. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
3. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
4. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
5. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)