|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
(a) White doves.
(c) White butterflies.
2. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
(c) The Soviet Union.
3. What does H promise to do in order to help his father's business?
(a) Work for him part-time.
(b) Make signs and post them around the city.
(c) Tell the parents of his classmates about it.
(d) Learn some tailoring skills.
4. What transportation do the American troops use?
(a) They are on foot.
(c) Jeeps and covered trucks.
5. What message does Mr. Kawano send to H?
(a) That H might fail his class.
(b) That Mr. Naito is a bad influence.
(c) That his friend is in trouble.
(d) That he must move back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
2. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
3. What do the boys intend to do with the rifle club's rifles?
4. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)