|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
(a) A bag of rice.
(b) A comic about WW1
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) Some old books and a bicycle.
2. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
(a) Food is easier to get.
(b) Uncle Hadano has taken down his window coverings.
(c) Newspapers have begun printing truthful information.
(d) American music is played freely.
3. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
(a) Students are too busy rebuilding Kobe.
(b) To avoid suspicion of military training.
(c) The Americans have banned all gatherings.
(d) There is no money for club activities.
4. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
(d) Milk cartons.
5. In Chapter 45, What disgusts H at school?
(a) The new American textbooks.
(b) The disorganized classrooms.
(c) The hypocrisy of his teachers.
(d) The attitudes of his classmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
2. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
3. How does H learn lettering?
4. What shocks H about the artists he meets?
5. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)