|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H rip down the Japanese Progressive Party poster?
(a) H disagrees with the Japanese Progressive Party's views.
(b) It is on top of the Senoh Family Tailors poster.
(c) H considers the poster propaganda.
(d) H is offended by the photo on the poster.
2. Why is Toshiko distant when H comes to visit in Chapter 48?
(a) Toshiko feels H has betrayed her.
(b) Toshiko is afraid that H will become violent again.
(c) Toshiko is embarassed by her behavior.
(d) Toshiko is still angry with H.
3. Why doesn't Sugita want the rifles given to the Americans?
(a) The Americans will use them against the Japanese.
(b) The rifles are a symbol of the rifle club.
(c) Sugita wants to keep them as souvenirs of the war.
(d) The rifles are valuable.
4. What sport does H dislike?
5. Where does Mr. Naito live?
(a) On a boat.
(b) In a classroom.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) Next door to H's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
2. What is dropped over Kobe from B29 planes?
3. What two things does H realize have gone unchanged by the war?
4. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
5. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)