|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
(a) The children's father died in the war.
(b) The neighbors' apartment is even more crowded than his.
(c) Patience is the Christian way.
(d) H was young once too.
2. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
(a) The vice-principal.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) Prime Minister Tojo.
(d) President Truman.
3. Where is Morio during the bombing?
(a) Next door.
(b) Fire station.
(c) At home.
(d) At the church.
4. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
(a) H buys food for his family.
(b) H sends it to his mother.
(c) H gives it to a sickly classmate.
(d) H spends it on himself.
5. Who is Koiso?
(a) A political candidate.
(b) A wounded soldier.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
2. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
3. Why does H return to Kobe?
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
5. Why is Toshiko distant when H comes to visit in Chapter 48?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)