|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H decide to help with his family's financial problems?
(a) By searching debris for valuables.
(b) By selling sketches to soldiers.
(c) By moving out of the apartment.
(d) By working part-time at a noodle shop.
2. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
(a) H has the flu.
(b) H is spiritually sick.
(c) H is tougher than he thought.
(d) H is happy living on his own.
3. What do the boys agree should be done with the rifles?
(a) The rifles should be handed over to the Americans.
(b) The rifles should not be used to fight American troops.
(c) The rifles should be destroyed.
(d) The rifles should be used against the American troops.
4. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
(a) The children's father died in the war.
(b) The neighbors' apartment is even more crowded than his.
(c) H was young once too.
(d) Patience is the Christian way.
5. How does H learn lettering?
(a) By asking his mother for help.
(b) By practicing all night
(c) By copying others' work.
(d) By using newspapers as examples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
2. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
3. In Chapter 45, What disgusts H at school?
4. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
5. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)