|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
(a) To introduce American-style uniforms.
(b) To have classes taught in English.
(c) To make schools co-educational.
(d) To make classes smaller.
2. For which bird is H's workplace named?
(a) The raven.
(b) The phoenix.
(c) The dove.
(d) The crane.
3. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
(a) A comic about WW1
(b) Some old books and a bicycle.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A bag of rice.
4. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(b) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
5. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is substandard.
(c) It is small.
(d) It is modern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
2. What does Mrs. Tazaki want to swap her sweet potatoes for?
3. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
4. In the Kobe General Election, for which party is Sanzo Nosaka running?
5. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)