|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
(a) A Japanese military officer.
(b) A sickly woman.
(c) Two American troops.
(d) An old man and his grandson.
2. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
(a) H is happy living on his own.
(b) H is spiritually sick.
(c) H is tougher than he thought.
(d) H has the flu.
3. How can H's family hear what the family next door says?
(a) The neighbors speak loudly.
(b) The Senoh's apartment is very quiet.
(c) The walls are thin.
(d) H's family listens through an open window.
4. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
(a) They are being forced to work night shifts in the factory.
(b) They are getting injured in air raids.
(c) They are being sent to the front.
(d) They are falling ill.
5. For which bird is H's workplace named?
(a) The raven.
(b) The crane.
(c) The phoenix.
(d) The dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does H go when he leaves home in Chapter 48?
2. What do the boys intend to do with the rifle club's rifles?
3. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
4. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
5. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)