|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 45, What disgusts H at school?
(a) The attitudes of his classmates.
(b) The new American textbooks.
(c) The hypocrisy of his teachers.
(d) The disorganized classrooms.
2. Why doesn't Sugita want the rifles given to the Americans?
(a) The rifles are valuable.
(b) The rifles are a symbol of the rifle club.
(c) The Americans will use them against the Japanese.
(d) Sugita wants to keep them as souvenirs of the war.
3. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) Uncle Hadano.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) Mr. Tamori.
4. H accompanies a group of students transporting what from Mitsubishi Electric?
(c) Electrical wires.
5. Who is Koiso?
(a) A political candidate.
(b) An artist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A wounded soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
2. What does Toshiko bring back with her from the country?
3. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
4. After the end of the war, who replaces the military as the figure of authority?
5. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)