|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
(a) An old bicycle tire.
(b) A rubber band.
(c) A leather belt.
2. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(b) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(c) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(d) Swimming in the river.
3. What transportation do the American troops use?
(a) They are on foot.
(b) Jeeps and covered trucks.
4. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is modern.
(c) It is substandard.
(d) It is beautiful.
5. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A comic about WW1
(c) Some old books and a bicycle.
(d) A bag of rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
2. Where is Morio during the bombing?
3. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
4. Who does Nosaka blame Japan's devastation on?
5. What is no longer published in newspapers?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)