|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
(a) The children's father died in the war.
(b) The neighbors' apartment is even more crowded than his.
(c) H was young once too.
(d) Patience is the Christian way.
2. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
(a) To make schools co-educational.
(b) To introduce American-style uniforms.
(c) To make classes smaller.
(d) To have classes taught in English.
3. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
(a) The school has become a high school.
(b) The school has burned down.
(c) The school has become a medical center.
(d) The school has become a factory.
4. What sport does H dislike?
5. What does Toshiko bring back with her from the country?
(a) Broccoli, milk, and duck.
(b) Eggs, chicken, and rice.
(c) Rice, carrots, and beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
2. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
3. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
4. What does H decide to study?
5. According to a student at H's school, what will happen on June 5th?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)