|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H learn lettering?
(a) By practicing all night
(b) By using newspapers as examples.
(c) By asking his mother for help.
(d) By copying others' work.
2. What does H decide to study?
3. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
(a) They are getting injured in air raids.
(b) They are being forced to work night shifts in the factory.
(c) They are being sent to the front.
(d) They are falling ill.
4. After the end of the war, who replaces the military as the figure of authority?
(a) The local police chief.
(b) The American President.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The occupational forces.
5. Which character works for the newspaper?
(a) Mr. Odagiri.
(c) Mr. Tamori.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
2. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
3. What does H's family win?
4. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
5. In the Kobe General Election, for which party is Sanzo Nosaka running?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)