|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a student at H's school, what will happen on June 5th?
(a) An air raid.
(b) A town festival.
(c) Kobe will be evacuated.
(d) The school factory will close.
2. How can H's family hear what the family next door says?
(a) H's family listens through an open window.
(b) The neighbors speak loudly.
(c) The Senoh's apartment is very quiet.
(d) The walls are thin.
3. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
(a) H earns an art scholarship.
(b) H's family is approved for municipal housing.
(c) Uncle Hadano's health is improved.
(d) Morio will receive a business grant.
4. What does H do at his new job?
(a) Designs uniforms.
(b) Paints houses.
(c) Paints signs.
(d) Draws portraits.
5. What is dropped over Kobe from B29 planes?
(a) Mustard Gas.
(b) Anti-American booklets.
(c) Food parcels.
(d) Leaflets announcing the signing of the Potsdam Declaration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character works for the newspaper?
2. What is no longer published in newspapers?
3. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
4. Why isn't H allowed into the hospital?
5. Who do H and Yukawa meet at the armory?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)