|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys agree should be done with the rifles?
(a) The rifles should not be used to fight American troops.
(b) The rifles should be handed over to the Americans.
(c) The rifles should be used against the American troops.
(d) The rifles should be destroyed.
2. According to a student at H's school, what will happen on June 5th?
(a) Kobe will be evacuated.
(b) The school factory will close.
(c) An air raid.
(d) A town festival.
3. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is modern.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is substandard.
4. What does H plan to do at the "Hold on Bridge?"
(b) Watch the sunset.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Meet George.
5. What two things does H realize have gone unchanged by the war?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) The sea and sky.
(c) The trees and the sky.
(d) The grass and the flowers.
6. What is Masaru Sayema obsessed with?
(a) American music.
7. How does H feel about living at the Church?
(a) H feels inspired.
(b) H feels at home.
(c) H feels uneasy and uncomfortable.
(d) H feels lucky.
8. In the Kobe General Election, for which party is Sanzo Nosaka running?
(a) The People's Party.
(b) The Japanese Progressive Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Liberal Democratic Party.
9. Who objects to Toshiko feeding the starving soldier?
10. Who helps H graduate?
(a) Mr. Naito and Mr. Matsumoto.
(b) Mr. Tamori.
(c) Mr. Kawano.
11. After the end of the war, who replaces the military as the figure of authority?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The American President.
(c) The local police chief.
(d) The occupational forces.
12. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
(a) H spends it on himself.
(b) H gives it to a sickly classmate.
(c) H sends it to his mother.
(d) H buys food for his family.
13. What is something H has always wanted to try?
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Playing a guitar.
14. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
(a) Morio will receive a business grant.
(b) H earns an art scholarship.
(c) H's family is approved for municipal housing.
(d) Uncle Hadano's health is improved.
15. What does Toshiko bring back with her from the country?
(b) Eggs, chicken, and rice.
(c) Rice, carrots, and beef.
(d) Broccoli, milk, and duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
2. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
3. Who is Koiso?
4. In Chapter 36, how do H and George get their clothing filthy?
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)