|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Morio during the bombing?
(a) Fire station.
(b) At the church.
(c) At home.
(d) Next door.
2. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
(d) Milk cartons.
3. What does Toshiko bring back with her from the country?
(a) Broccoli, milk, and duck.
(c) Eggs, chicken, and rice.
(d) Rice, carrots, and beef.
4. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
(a) He signs up to go to the front.
(b) He turns a neighbor in to the military police.
(c) He saves two people from a fire.
(d) He captures a runaway American soldier.
5. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
(a) A gun.
(b) A map of Japan.
(d) A bible.
6. What shocks H about the artists he meets?
(a) The amount of alcohol they drink.
(b) Their appearancs.
(c) Their political views.
(d) The amount of money they make.
7. In Chapter 45, What disgusts H at school?
(a) The attitudes of his classmates.
(b) The new American textbooks.
(c) The disorganized classrooms.
(d) The hypocrisy of his teachers.
8. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
(d) The Soviet Union.
9. Why does H rip down the Japanese Progressive Party poster?
(a) It is on top of the Senoh Family Tailors poster.
(b) H considers the poster propaganda.
(c) H disagrees with the Japanese Progressive Party's views.
(d) H is offended by the photo on the poster.
10. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
(a) To make classes smaller.
(b) To introduce American-style uniforms.
(c) To make schools co-educational.
(d) To have classes taught in English.
11. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
(a) Two American troops.
(b) An old man and his grandson.
(c) A sickly woman.
(d) A Japanese military officer.
12. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) H's birthday.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) September 24th.
(d) March 18th.
13. What do the boys agree should be done with the rifles?
(a) The rifles should be destroyed.
(b) The rifles should be handed over to the Americans.
(c) The rifles should not be used to fight American troops.
(d) The rifles should be used against the American troops.
14. What is Masaru Sayema obsessed with?
(d) American music.
15. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Swimming in the river.
(b) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(c) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(d) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Mr. Kawano send to H?
2. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
3. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
4. What does Mrs. Tazaki want to swap her sweet potatoes for?
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)