|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Versailles Declaration.
(b) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(c) The Truman Declaration.
(d) The Potsdam Declaration.
2. What is dropped over Kobe from B29 planes?
(a) Mustard Gas.
(b) Leaflets announcing the signing of the Potsdam Declaration.
(c) Anti-American booklets.
(d) Food parcels.
3. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
4. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
(a) The sea.
(b) The country.
(c) The town centre.
(d) The church.
5. Why does H return to Kobe?
(a) H's father needs his help in Kobe.
(b) H misses his friends.
(c) H doesn't like his school in Hiroshima.
(d) The house in Hiroshima is too crowded.
6. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
(a) He signs up to go to the front.
(b) He captures a runaway American soldier.
(c) He turns a neighbor in to the military police.
(d) He saves two people from a fire.
7. Who helps H graduate?
(b) Mr. Kawano.
(c) Mr. Tamori.
(d) Mr. Naito and Mr. Matsumoto.
8. Who does Nosaka blame Japan's devastation on?
(a) The military commanders.
(b) The Japanese people.
(c) The Emperor.
9. After the end of the war, who replaces the military as the figure of authority?
(a) The occupational forces.
(b) The American President.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The local police chief.
10. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
(a) Uncle Hadano has taken down his window coverings.
(b) American music is played freely.
(c) Newspapers have begun printing truthful information.
(d) Food is easier to get.
11. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
(a) H starts an argument with another student.
(b) H turns in a blank test sheet.
(c) H cuts classes.
(d) H speaks negatively about the Japanese military.
12. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
(a) Show them around Kobe.
(b) Draw sketches of them for free.
(c) Run errands for them.
(d) Bring them snacks.
13. What shocks H about the artists he meets?
(a) The amount of money they make.
(b) The amount of alcohol they drink.
(c) Their political views.
(d) Their appearancs.
14. What does Mrs. Tazaki want to swap her sweet potatoes for?
(c) Barley tea.
(d) Fresh eggs.
15. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
(c) Milk cartons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a school instructor, how might American troops behave?
2. Who does H hit with the rice pot lid?
3. Where is Morio during the bombing?
4. What spurs H to storm out of the apartment?
5. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)