Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
An upscale business.
2. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
It is made in America.
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
5. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
Read from the Bible.
6. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
H will no longer be a child.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
H never has enough money to see a film.
2. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
This section contains 2,587 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)