|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
(a) To make schools co-educational.
(b) To make classes smaller.
(c) To introduce American-style uniforms.
(d) To have classes taught in English.
2. Why is Toshiko distant when H comes to visit in Chapter 48?
(a) Toshiko is still angry with H.
(b) Toshiko feels H has betrayed her.
(c) Toshiko is embarassed by her behavior.
(d) Toshiko is afraid that H will become violent again.
3. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Learning about foreign cultures.
(b) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(c) Singing German music.
(d) Talking about America or Britain.
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(b) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(c) H should not read any English books.
(d) H should not go home past curfew.
5. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H ignores Girly Boy.
(b) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(c) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(d) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H decide to study?
2. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
3. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
4. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
5. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)