|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spurs H to storm out of the apartment?
(a) His mother takes rice to the neighbors.
(b) His parents cancel their newspaper subscription.
(c) His father sells the sewing machine.
(d) His sister draws in his sketchbook.
2. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) Prime Minister Tojo.
(c) H's favorite God.
(d) Uncle Hadano.
3. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
(a) Mitchan is rude to H.
(b) H is convinced that Mitchan has seen his map.
(c) Yoshiko has told Mitchan that H likes her.
(d) Mitchan sees H in his childish pajamas.
4. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(b) Morio will protest in the streets.
(c) The number of fires will increase.
(d) H and his family will move to the country.
5. What does H's family win?
(a) Food coupons.
(b) An education grant.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A housing lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does H's family receive in Chapter 49?
2. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
3. Why is it suggested Prime Minister Tojo is a disgrace?
4. According to Tamori, why should H's parents stop being Christians?
5. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)