|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
(a) American music is played freely.
(b) Food is easier to get.
(c) Newspapers have begun printing truthful information.
(d) Uncle Hadano has taken down his window coverings.
2. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
(a) Students are too busy rebuilding Kobe.
(b) The Americans have banned all gatherings.
(c) To avoid suspicion of military training.
(d) There is no money for club activities.
3. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
(a) Religious unions.
(b) Education Ministry.
(c) National defence.
(d) Japanese military.
4. During the air raid, where does H go to hide from the enemy plane?
(a) Inside an abandoned building.
(b) Underneath a streetcar.
(c) Under a metal staircase.
(d) Behind a concrete water tank.
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys are all safe.
(b) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
2. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
3. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
4. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
5. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)