|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do H and Yukawa meet at the armory?
2. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(b) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(c) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(d) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
3. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(b) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
(c) H dislikes all forms of music.
(d) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
4. What happens with H's first shot?
(a) H hits the bulls-eye.
(b) H's gun misfires.
(c) H hits another shooter.
(d) H completely misses the target and becomes embarrassed.
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(b) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The war with China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested Prime Minister Tojo is a disgrace?
2. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
3. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
4. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
5. Why should H be patient with the children next door?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)