|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(b) Shige has been called up to the army.
(c) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(d) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
2. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
(a) H wants protection from Tamori.
(b) H is bored.
(c) H wants to be best friends with Furuta.
(d) H wants to learn how to protect his family.
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
4. In Chapter 23, What does H do instead of studying?
(a) Play outside.
(b) Spy on the neighbors.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Build model airplanes.
5. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Truman Declaration.
(b) The Versailles Declaration.
(c) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(d) The Potsdam Declaration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country announces its surrender?
2. What is Japan experiencing a shortage of?
3. Who dies in Chapter 24?
4. What is the Hoanden?
5. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)