|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(b) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(c) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(d) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
2. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
(a) H's best friend is British
(b) H has family living in Britain.
(c) H's father has many British customers.
(d) H's favorite music comes from Britain.
3. How does H feel about living at the Church?
(a) H feels at home.
(b) H feels lucky.
(c) H feels inspired.
(d) H feels uneasy and uncomfortable.
4. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
(a) American music is played freely.
(b) Newspapers have begun printing truthful information.
(c) Food is easier to get.
(d) Uncle Hadano has taken down his window coverings.
5. Why isn't H allowed into the hospital?
(a) There has been an influenza outbreak.
(b) Visiting hours are over.
(c) Patients and black marketeers have been trading goods.
(d) There have been complaints about H.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
2. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
3. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
5. What do the boys agree should be done with the rifles?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)