|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(b) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
2. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
(b) H must take over at the air raid drills.
(c) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
(d) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
3. What change are the Americans planning for Japanese schools?
(a) To introduce American-style uniforms.
(b) To have classes taught in English.
(c) To make classes smaller.
(d) To make schools co-educational.
4. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
(b) H offers advice that improves a dish.
(c) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
(d) H and his mother are regular customers.
5. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(a) All Kobe citizens.
(b) Civil servants.
(d) Military police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
2. How can H's family hear what the family next door says?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. In Chapter 37, what makes H furious?
5. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)