|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will move in with his grandparents.
(b) H will join the army.
(c) H will join the church choir.
(d) H will no longer be a child.
2. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
(a) Morio is caught spying from the roof of the fire station.
(b) Morio did business with American and British people prior to the war.
(c) Morio refused to purchase a gas mask.
(d) Morio stole some rationed goods.
3. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
(a) President Truman.
(b) Prime Minister Tojo.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) The Emperor.
4. What two sports are banned?
(a) Badminton and Swimming.
(b) Basketball and Squash.
(c) Soccer and Karate.
(d) Tennis and baseball.
5. What is dropped over Kobe from B29 planes?
(a) Anti-American booklets.
(b) Mustard Gas.
(c) Food parcels.
(d) Leaflets announcing the signing of the Potsdam Declaration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
2. According to Tamori, why should H's parents stop being Christians?
3. Where does H go when he leaves home in Chapter 48?
4. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)