|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't H allowed into the hospital?
(a) There have been complaints about H.
(b) Visiting hours are over.
(c) There has been an influenza outbreak.
(d) Patients and black marketeers have been trading goods.
2. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Sing her favorite hymn.
(b) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(c) Read from the Bible.
(d) Practice the tambourine.
3. Why does H often get beaten up?
(a) For causing trouble for others.
(b) For insulting classmates.
(c) For voicing his opinions.
(d) For dressing oddly.
4. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The vice-principal.
(c) Prime Minister Tojo.
(d) President Truman.
5. What is Instructor Tamori's job?
(a) English teacher.
(b) Military trainer.
(c) Head of the rifle club.
(d) Homeroom teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H, what is the purpose of the news reports?
2. What two sports are banned?
3. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
4. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
5. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)