|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
(b) Prime Minister Tojo.
2. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(b) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(c) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(d) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
3. What is forbidden on the train?
(a) Bringing your own food on the train.
(b) Talking to others.
(c) Looking out the window at the scenery.
4. Why is Toshiko distant when H comes to visit in Chapter 48?
(a) Toshiko is embarassed by her behavior.
(b) Toshiko feels H has betrayed her.
(c) Toshiko is still angry with H.
(d) Toshiko is afraid that H will become violent again.
5. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
(b) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
(c) To gain more meaning in his life.
(d) To impress his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
2. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
4. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
5. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)