|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 24?
(b) Admiral Yamamoto.
2. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
(a) An old bicycle tire.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A rubber band.
3. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(b) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(c) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(d) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
4. What does H learn during his summer?
(a) How to mend socks.
(b) The Hiroshima dialect.
(c) How to steer a boat.
(d) A Japanese war secret.
5. To which organization are H and his classmates assigned to work?
(a) City waste removal.
(b) The Water Board.
(c) Toshiba Electrical.
(d) The railway company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
2. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
3. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
4. Who objects to Toshiko feeding the starving soldier?
5. What does H realize about himself in chapter 48?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)