|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(b) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
2. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
(b) A map of Japan.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bible.
3. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
(a) It is modern.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is small.
(d) It is substandard.
4. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(b) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(c) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(d) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio has webbed feet.
(b) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(c) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(d) Morio never took the physical exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morio quit his job at the fire station?
2. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
3. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
5. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)