|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on December 8th?
(a) America attacks Kobe.
(b) America attacks Hiroshima.
(c) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(d) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
2. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
(b) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
3. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
(a) H turns in a blank test sheet.
(b) H speaks negatively about the Japanese military.
(c) H cuts classes.
(d) H starts an argument with another student.
4. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
(a) To visit their grandparents.
(b) To visit their cousin.
(c) To witness a religious event.
(d) To see an exhibition.
5. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
(b) Susanowo is an unruly god.
(c) Susanowo is a violent god.
(d) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
2. Why doesn't Sugita want the rifles given to the Americans?
3. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
4. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
5. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)