|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
(a) To serve God.
(b) To serve one's own ambitions.
(c) To serve one's country.
(d) To serve one's family.
2. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
4. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
(c) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
5. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H often get beaten up?
2. H accompanies a group of students transporting what from Mitsubishi Electric?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
4. What do the boys agree should be done with the rifles?
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)