|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys intend to do with the rifle club's rifles?
(a) Throw them in the river.
(b) Bury them.
(c) Break them.
(d) Hide them in the woods.
2. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(b) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(c) H never has enough money to see a film.
(d) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
3. What is zosui?
(a) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
(b) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
(c) A Japanese spy.
(d) H's favorite dessert.
4. What is no longer published in newspapers?
(a) Reports on raids.
(b) Weather reports.
5. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
(a) Use the words anyways.
(b) Rat out classmates who don't follow the rules.
(c) Hold a protest.
(d) Use substitute words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
3. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
5. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)