|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
(a) A leather belt.
(b) An old bicycle tire.
(d) A rubber band.
2. During the air raid, where does H go to hide from the enemy plane?
(a) Under a metal staircase.
(b) Behind a concrete water tank.
(c) Inside an abandoned building.
(d) Underneath a streetcar.
3. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
(a) The movie theatre.
(b) The school.
(c) By the riverbank.
(d) The armory.
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(b) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
5. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
(a) Bring them snacks.
(b) Run errands for them.
(c) Draw sketches of them for free.
(d) Show them around Kobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
2. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
4. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
5. What is Japan experiencing a shortage of?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)