|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(b) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(c) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
(d) Spy on the Japanese military.
2. According to a school instructor, how might American troops behave?
(a) More animal-like than the Japanese forces.
(b) More civilized than the Japanese forces.
(c) More generously than the Japanese forces.
(d) Less respectful than the Japanese forces.
3. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
(a) The church.
(b) The town centre.
(c) The country.
(d) The sea.
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not go home past curfew.
(b) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(c) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(d) H should not read any English books.
5. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are heavy.
(b) Gas masks are unattractive.
(c) Gas masks are expensive.
(d) Gas masks are poorly made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H learn during his summer?
2. What is something H has always wanted to try?
3. What is the National Dress Order?
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
5. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)