|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
(b) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
(c) H must take over at the air raid drills.
(d) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
2. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
(b) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
(c) H and his mother are regular customers.
(d) H offers advice that improves a dish.
3. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
(d) Prime Minister Tojo.
4. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Japan defeats China.
(b) Germany attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(d) America attacks Japan.
5. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It is inevitable.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It might happen.
(d) It has already started.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
2. How does H find himself under the line of fire at the firing range?
3. To which organization are H and his classmates assigned to work?
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
5. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)