|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
(b) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
(c) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
(d) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
2. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
(a) Toshiko's cook book.
(b) H's favorite book.
(c) Morio's sewing machine.
(d) Yoshiko's baby quilt.
3. Why is the English language banned?
(a) English is difficult to read.
(b) It violates the spirit of the time.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) Englishmen are traders.
4. To which organization are H and his classmates assigned to work?
(a) The railway company.
(b) City waste removal.
(c) The Water Board.
(d) Toshiba Electrical.
5. Why does H return to Kobe?
(a) H's father needs his help in Kobe.
(b) H doesn't like his school in Hiroshima.
(c) H misses his friends.
(d) The house in Hiroshima is too crowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
2. H accompanies a group of students transporting what from Mitsubishi Electric?
3. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
4. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
5. What is the Hoanden?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)