|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It is inevitable.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It might happen.
(d) It has already started.
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
(b) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(c) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(d) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
3. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(d) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
4. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
(a) President Truman.
(b) Prime Minister Tojo.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) The vice-principal.
5. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
(a) To Korea to stay with Kaneda.
(b) To join Yoshiko in Hiroshima.
(c) To the school.
(d) To Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on December 8th?
2. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
3. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
4. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
5. In Chapter 36, how do H and George get their clothing filthy?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)