|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) Prime Minister Tojo.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) President Truman.
2. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not read any English books.
(b) H should not go home past curfew.
(c) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(d) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
3. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) Their wish will come true.
(b) Someone will kick them from behind.
(c) They will spread trachoma.
(d) They will get a heart attack.
4. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(d) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(d) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is forbidden on the train?
2. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
3. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
4. What does Toshiko need to convince her neighbors to do?
5. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)