|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
(a) The country.
(b) The church.
(c) The town centre.
(d) The sea.
2. Why is the English language banned?
(a) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(b) Englishmen are traders.
(c) English is difficult to read.
(d) It violates the spirit of the time.
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(b) Morio never took the physical exam.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
4. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
5. What two sports are banned?
(a) Soccer and Karate.
(b) Basketball and Squash.
(c) Tennis and baseball.
(d) Badminton and Swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
2. What is forbidden on the train?
3. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
4. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
5. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)