|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(c) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
2. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Potsdam Declaration.
(b) The Versailles Declaration.
(c) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(d) The Truman Declaration.
3. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(b) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(c) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(d) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(b) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The war with China.
5. Who announces the signing of the Potsdam Declaration to the school?
(a) President Truman.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) Prime Minister Tojo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
2. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
3. Who do H and Yukawa meet at the armory?
4. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
5. What is the rumor going around the school in Chapter 26?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)