|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
(a) White doves.
(d) White butterflies.
2. What two things does H realize have gone unchanged by the war?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) The trees and the sky.
(c) The sea and sky.
(d) The grass and the flowers.
3. What two sports are banned?
(a) Basketball and Squash.
(b) Tennis and baseball.
(c) Badminton and Swimming.
(d) Soccer and Karate.
4. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(b) Silverware is more hygienic.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(b) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
2. Why is the English language banned?
3. Who dies in Chapter 24?
4. According to a student at H's school, what will happen on June 5th?
5. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)