|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(b) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(c) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(d) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
2. In Chapter 37, what makes H furious?
(a) Being sent to Mitsubishi Electric.
(b) The secrecy of the Japanese military.
(c) Being forced to help the military policeman.
(d) The American pilot's behavior.
3. According to a school instructor, how might American troops behave?
(a) More civilized than the Japanese forces.
(b) Less respectful than the Japanese forces.
(c) More animal-like than the Japanese forces.
(d) More generously than the Japanese forces.
4. What two sports are banned?
(a) Tennis and baseball.
(b) Basketball and Squash.
(c) Badminton and Swimming.
(d) Soccer and Karate.
5. Why is it suggested Prime Minister Tojo is a disgrace?
(a) He lied to the Japanese people.
(b) He did not commit suicide the day the war ended.
(c) He cheated on his wife.
(d) He embezzled money from the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
2. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
4. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
5. Which character works for the newspaper?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)