|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It might happen.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It has already started.
2. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
(a) Milk cartons.
(d) Sweet potatoes.
3. According to a student at H's school, what will happen on June 5th?
(a) A town festival.
(b) The school factory will close.
(c) An air raid.
(d) Kobe will be evacuated.
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is a religious record.
(c) It is made in America.
(d) It is a special edition.
5. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will join the army.
(b) H will no longer be a child.
(c) H will join the church choir.
(d) H will move in with his grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
2. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
3. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
4. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
5. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)