|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
2. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks Japan.
(b) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(c) America attacks Japan.
(d) Japan defeats China.
3. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(b) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
(c) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(d) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
4. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
(b) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(c) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(d) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
5. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
(a) If the house collapses from a bomb, they would be trapped.
(b) Kobe will never be bombed.
(c) Uncle Hadano's shelter is big enough for their family.
(d) The war is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sugita want H to meet him in secret?
2. What is Instructor Tamori's job?
3. What two sports are banned?
4. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
5. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)