|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is a violent god.
(b) Susanowo is an unruly god.
(c) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
(d) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
2. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(b) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(c) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(d) He steals money from his mother's purse.
3. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
(a) Bring them snacks.
(b) Draw sketches of them for free.
(c) Run errands for them.
(d) Show them around Kobe.
4. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
(a) A rubber band.
(b) An old bicycle tire.
(d) A leather belt.
5. Which country announces its surrender?
(a) The Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H, what is the purpose of the news reports?
2. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
3. Why is H expelled from the riding club?
4. Where does Ishizuka live?
5. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)