|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Morio during the bombing?
(a) Fire station.
(b) At the church.
(c) Next door.
(d) At home.
2. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
(a) H buys food for his family.
(b) H gives it to a sickly classmate.
(c) H sends it to his mother.
(d) H spends it on himself.
3. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Singing German music.
(b) Talking about America or Britain.
(c) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(d) Learning about foreign cultures.
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(b) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
5. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(b) The operators are not to be trusted.
(c) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
(d) The operators overcharge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hoanden?
2. Which character works for the newspaper?
3. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
4. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
5. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)