|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon H's return to Kobe, what has happened to the Second Middle School?
(a) The school has become a medical center.
(b) The school has become a factory.
(c) The school has burned down.
(d) The school has become a high school.
2. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
(a) A comic about WW1
(b) A bag of rice.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) Some old books and a bicycle.
3. What happens on December 8th?
(a) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(b) America attacks Kobe.
(c) America attacks Hiroshima.
(d) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
4. Why is the English language banned?
(a) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(b) It violates the spirit of the time.
(c) English is difficult to read.
(d) Englishmen are traders.
5. Why does H return to Kobe?
(a) H misses his friends.
(b) H's father needs his help in Kobe.
(c) H doesn't like his school in Hiroshima.
(d) The house in Hiroshima is too crowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hoanden?
2. What happens with H's first shot?
3. What is H's first confirmation that the war is over?
4. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
5. At the firing range, why are many of the shooters' bullets missing the target?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)