|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels scared.
(b) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(c) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(d) Yoshiko feels hungry.
2. According to a school instructor, how might American troops behave?
(a) More generously than the Japanese forces.
(b) More civilized than the Japanese forces.
(c) More animal-like than the Japanese forces.
(d) Less respectful than the Japanese forces.
3. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Truman Declaration.
(b) The Versailles Declaration.
(c) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(d) The Potsdam Declaration.
4. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) An upscale business.
(b) A meeting place for the secret police.
(c) A local hangout.
(d) A run of the mill tailor shop.
5. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
(a) H and Shingo don't want to be seen by their neighbors.
(b) H and Shingo want to visit their friend.
(c) H and Shingo want to eat some noodles.
(d) H and Shingo enjoy walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
4. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
5. What are octopus pots also known as?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)