|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The library.
(b) The bathhouse.
(c) The neighbor's house.
(d) For a walk.
2. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are unattractive.
(b) Gas masks are poorly made.
(c) Gas masks are heavy.
(d) Gas masks are expensive.
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(c) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(d) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
4. What two sports are banned?
(a) Badminton and Swimming.
(b) Tennis and baseball.
(c) Basketball and Squash.
(d) Soccer and Karate.
5. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
(a) To Korea to stay with Kaneda.
(b) To join Yoshiko in Hiroshima.
(c) To the school.
(d) To Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the air raid, where does H go to hide from the enemy plane?
2. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
3. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)