|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
(a) It violates the spirit of the time.
(b) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(c) English is difficult to read.
(d) Englishmen are traders.
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) Human beings.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The Devil.
3. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) The conductor.
(b) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
(c) The train's engine.
(d) The foreigners at the train stop.
4. What does Toshiko need to convince her neighbors to do?
(a) Donate a certain percent of their earnings to the needy.
(b) Buy war bonds.
(c) Give away all their silver and gold.
(d) Work full-time in the artillery factory.
5. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
(a) H buys food for his family.
(b) H spends it on himself.
(c) H sends it to his mother.
(d) H gives it to a sickly classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
2. What is the National Dress Order?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)