|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor going around the school in Chapter 26?
(a) The rifle club with disband.
(b) The school will close down to prepare for impending air raids.
(c) English language classes will no longer be taught in schools.
(d) Instructor Tamori will be retiring at the end of the school year.
2. Where is Morio during the bombing?
(a) At home.
(b) Next door.
(c) At the church.
(d) Fire station.
3. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
(a) Toshiko's cook book.
(b) Morio's sewing machine.
(c) H's favorite book.
(d) Yoshiko's baby quilt.
4. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
5. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(b) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(c) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(d) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
2. At the firing range, why are many of the shooters' bullets missing the target?
3. What is the rumor going around H's school?
4. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)