|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(b) Morio never took the physical exam.
(c) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(d) Morio has webbed feet.
2. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not read any English books.
(b) H should not go home past curfew.
(c) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(d) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
3. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
(a) The Soviet Union.
4. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(b) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
(c) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(d) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
5. What one item do H and Toshiko take with them from their burning home?
(a) Yoshiko's baby quilt.
(b) Toshiko's cook book.
(c) H's favorite book.
(d) Morio's sewing machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
2. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
3. What does Toshiko bring back with her from the country?
4. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
5. Who is Kamikera?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)