|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
2. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
(b) The Soviet Union.
3. Why is H expelled from the riding club?
(a) The club is banning all new students.
(b) H steals a pair of riding boots.
(c) H takes a horse out for a secret ride.
(d) H bites one of the other club members.
4. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It is inevitable.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It might happen.
(d) It has already started.
5. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
(b) H offers advice that improves a dish.
(c) H and his mother are regular customers.
(d) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a record with a red label indicate?
2. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
3. What is the National Dress Order?
4. What are octopus pots also known as?
5. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)