|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Potsdam Declaration.
(b) The Versailles Declaration.
(c) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(d) The Truman Declaration.
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(b) Yoshiko feels hungry.
(c) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(d) Yoshiko feels scared.
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in America.
(b) It is a special edition.
(c) It is a religious record.
(d) It is made in China.
4. According to H, what is the purpose of the news reports?
(a) To pass on accurate information.
(b) To build national morale.
(c) To make the enemy look bad.
(d) To confuse the reader.
5. According to a student at H's school, what will happen on June 5th?
(a) Kobe will be evacuated.
(b) The school factory will close.
(c) A town festival.
(d) An air raid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H learn during his summer?
2. H, Yokota and George go to the farm to get what?
3. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
4. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
5. According to Tamori, why should H's parents stop being Christians?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)