|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hardest drill?
(a) The torpedo.
(b) The butterfly.
(c) The pushup run.
(d) The bellycrawl.
2. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
(a) White butterflies.
(d) White doves.
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(b) Read from the Bible.
(c) Sing her favorite hymn.
(d) Practice the tambourine.
4. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Japan defeats China.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks Japan.
(d) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(b) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(c) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(d) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is zosui?
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
4. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
5. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)