|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
(a) They are falling ill.
(b) They are getting injured in air raids.
(c) They are being sent to the front.
(d) They are being forced to work night shifts in the factory.
2. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) America attacks Japan.
(b) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(c) Germany attacks Japan.
(d) Japan defeats China.
3. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
4. What is no longer published in newspapers?
(b) Weather reports.
(d) Reports on raids.
5. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
(a) Religious unions.
(b) Education Ministry.
(c) Japanese military.
(d) National defence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
2. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
3. What is the rumor going around H's school?
4. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
5. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)