|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on December 8th?
(a) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(b) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(c) America attacks Kobe.
(d) America attacks Hiroshima.
2. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(b) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(c) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(d) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
3. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
(a) H buys food for his family.
(b) H sends it to his mother.
(c) H spends it on himself.
(d) H gives it to a sickly classmate.
4. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) H's family are spies.
(b) H's English teacher is a spy.
(c) The American military is planning an invasion.
(d) The war is over.
5. According to Tamori, why should H's parents stop being Christians?
(a) Toshiko and Morio are Japanese.
(b) Toshiko and Morio had H when they were not married.
(c) Tamori doesn't believe in God.
(d) Toshiko and Morio don't believe in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is zosui?
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
3. What kind of god is Susanowo?
4. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
5. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)