|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
(a) A rubber band.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) An old bicycle tire.
2. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
(a) The country.
(b) The church.
(c) The sea.
(d) The town centre.
3. In Chapter 36, how do H and George get their clothing filthy?
(a) By falling into the muddy river.
(b) By fighting in the school yard.
(c) By jumping out of a window into a dirty alleyway.
(d) By rummaging through the ashes of burned buildings.
4. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Read from the Bible.
(b) Sing her favorite hymn.
(c) Practice the tambourine.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) H and his family will move to the country.
(b) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(c) Morio will protest in the streets.
(d) The number of fires will increase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. Who is Kamikera?
4. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
5. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)