|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) Silverware is more hygienic.
(d) Silverware is easier to wash.
2. Where does Ishizuka live?
(a) Next door.
(b) Above a bookstore.
(c) In a dorm.
(d) Behind the school.
3. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(c) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(d) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
4. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will join the church choir.
(b) H will no longer be a child.
(c) H will move in with his grandparents.
(d) H will join the army.
5. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The neighbor's house.
(b) For a walk.
(c) The bathhouse.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
2. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
3. What does H learn during his summer?
4. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
5. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)