|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The train's engine.
(c) The foreigners at the train stop.
(d) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
2. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
(d) Prime Minister Tojo.
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(b) Morio never took the physical exam.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
4. What is the rumor going around the school in Chapter 26?
(a) Instructor Tamori will be retiring at the end of the school year.
(b) The rifle club with disband.
(c) The school will close down to prepare for impending air raids.
(d) English language classes will no longer be taught in schools.
5. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(b) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(c) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(d) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is H expelled from the riding club?
2. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
3. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
5. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)