|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hoanden?
(a) The Hoanden is the celebration of the Emperor and Empress.
(b) The Hoanden is the official scroll containing the words of the god Susanowo.
(c) The Hoanden is the official portrait of the Emperor.
(d) The Hoanden is a concrete structure that houses The official royal portraits of the Emperor and Empress.
2. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
(d) Milk cartons.
3. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To gain more meaning in his life.
(b) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
(c) To impress his wife.
(d) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
4. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(b) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(c) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(d) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
5. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The foreigners at the train stop.
(c) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
(d) The train's engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
2. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
3. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
4. H, Yokota and George go to the farm to get what?
5. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)