|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
(a) An angry Instructor Tamori.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) An air raid alert.
(d) H's mother.
2. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(d) All capable men should enlist immediately.
3. During the air raid, where does H go to hide from the enemy plane?
(a) Under a metal staircase.
(b) Inside an abandoned building.
(c) Behind a concrete water tank.
(d) Underneath a streetcar.
4. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
(a) H wants protection from Tamori.
(b) H is bored.
(c) H wants to learn how to protect his family.
(d) H wants to be best friends with Furuta.
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(c) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(d) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
2. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
3. What happens with H's first shot?
4. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)