|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The neighbor's house.
(c) The library.
(d) For a walk.
2. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
(a) The Roosevelt Declaration.
(b) The Truman Declaration.
(c) The Versailles Declaration.
(d) The Potsdam Declaration.
3. Why is H expelled from the riding club?
(a) The club is banning all new students.
(b) H steals a pair of riding boots.
(c) H bites one of the other club members.
(d) H takes a horse out for a secret ride.
4. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
(a) The town centre.
(b) The church.
(c) The country.
(d) The sea.
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
(b) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
(c) The spirit of the war dead.
(d) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is forbidden on the train?
2. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
3. What kind of god is Susanowo?
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
5. After the bombing of Hiroshima, which country declares war on Japan?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)