|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As H and Toshiko flee, where are they heading for?
(a) The church.
(b) The sea.
(c) The town centre.
(d) The country.
2. In Chapter 37, what makes H furious?
(a) The American pilot's behavior.
(b) Being forced to help the military policeman.
(c) Being sent to Mitsubishi Electric.
(d) The secrecy of the Japanese military.
3. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(b) H should not go home past curfew.
(c) H should not read any English books.
(d) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
4. What does Ishizuka's father give H before they leave?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) Some old books and a bicycle.
(c) A comic about WW1
(d) A bag of rice.
5. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) The American military is planning an invasion.
(b) H's English teacher is a spy.
(c) The war is over.
(d) H's family are spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
2. According to Tamori, why should H's parents stop being Christians?
3. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
4. What is the National Dress Order?
5. Who dies in Chapter 24?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)