|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(d) All capable men should enlist immediately.
2. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Read from the Bible.
(b) Sing her favorite hymn.
(c) Practice the tambourine.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
3. In Chapter 36, how do H and George get their clothing filthy?
(a) By falling into the muddy river.
(b) By jumping out of a window into a dirty alleyway.
(c) By fighting in the school yard.
(d) By rummaging through the ashes of burned buildings.
4. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
(b) A map of Japan.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bible.
5. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Japan defeats China.
(b) Germany attacks Japan.
(c) America attacks Japan.
(d) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H return to Kobe?
2. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
3. What is the rumor going around the school in Chapter 26?
4. At the firing range, why are many of the shooters' bullets missing the target?
5. Where does Ishizuka live?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)