|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
(a) National defence.
(b) Religious unions.
(c) Japanese military.
(d) Education Ministry.
2. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is a violent god.
(b) Susanowo is an unruly god.
(c) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
(d) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
3. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
(a) Tan Wantanabe.
(b) Mr. Hisakado.
(c) Mr. Tamori.
4. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
(a) Milk cartons.
(d) Sweet potatoes.
5. According to H, what is the purpose of the news reports?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To make the enemy look bad.
(c) To build national morale.
(d) To pass on accurate information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
2. Where is Morio during the bombing?
3. Where does Hayashi and his family evacuate to?
4. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
5. After seeing the condition of his grandparents home, how does H feel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)