|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
2. What does H do with his 10 yen grant?
(a) H buys food for his family.
(b) H gives it to a sickly classmate.
(c) H sends it to his mother.
(d) H spends it on himself.
3. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(b) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(c) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(d) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(b) The war with China.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
5. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
(a) The shrine.
(b) The city hall.
(c) The school.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
2. During the air raid, where does H go to hide from the enemy plane?
3. What puzzles H about his teacher?
4. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)