|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H never has enough money to see a film.
(b) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio never took the physical exam.
(b) Morio has webbed feet.
(c) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(d) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
3. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(b) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(c) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
(d) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
4. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
(b) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
(c) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
(d) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(b) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(c) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(d) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
2. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
3. What is forbidden on the train?
4. In Chapter 37, what makes H furious?
5. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)