|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, What does H do instead of studying?
(a) Spy on the neighbors.
(b) Play outside.
(c) Build model airplanes.
(d) Read the newspaper.
2. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators overcharge.
(b) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
(c) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(d) The operators are not to be trusted.
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
4. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) Morio will protest in the streets.
(b) H and his family will move to the country.
(c) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(d) The number of fires will increase.
5. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
(a) H is bored.
(b) H wants protection from Tamori.
(c) H wants to be best friends with Furuta.
(d) H wants to learn how to protect his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
2. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
3. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
4. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
5. What is Japan experiencing a shortage of?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)