|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(b) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(c) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(d) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
2. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(b) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(c) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(d) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is easier to wash.
(b) Silverware is more hygienic.
(c) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
4. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) The bridge has washed out.
(b) His home has washed away with the flood.
(c) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(d) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
5. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
2. What is the rumor going around H's school?
3. According to H, what is the purpose of the news reports?
4. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
5. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)