|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(b) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(c) H never has enough money to see a film.
(d) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
2. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The library.
(c) For a walk.
(d) The neighbor's house.
3. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(b) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(c) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(d) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
4. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(b) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(c) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
(d) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
(b) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(c) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
(d) The spirit of the war dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
2. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
3. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
4. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)