|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(d) Shige has been called up to the army.
2. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(c) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
3. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(b) Learning about foreign cultures.
(c) Singing German music.
(d) Talking about America or Britain.
4. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
(a) H wants to be best friends with Furuta.
(b) H wants to learn how to protect his family.
(c) H wants protection from Tamori.
(d) H is bored.
5. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators overcharge.
(b) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(c) The operators are not to be trusted.
(d) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
2. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
3. In Chapter 23, What does H do instead of studying?
4. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
5. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)