|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(b) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
(c) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(d) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
2. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) The boys are all safe.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
3. What is Instructor Tamori's job?
(a) English teacher.
(b) Homeroom teacher.
(c) Head of the rifle club.
(d) Military trainer.
4. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His home has washed away with the flood.
(b) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(c) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(d) The bridge has washed out.
5. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
(b) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
(c) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
(d) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
2. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
3. What is the rumor going around H's school?
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
5. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)