|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(d) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
2. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) The boys are all safe.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(b) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
(c) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
(d) H needs to show the police where the body is.
4. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(b) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(c) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
(d) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
5. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
(a) Morio refused to purchase a gas mask.
(b) Morio is caught spying from the roof of the fire station.
(c) Morio did business with American and British people prior to the war.
(d) Morio stole some rationed goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the National Dress Order?
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
4. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
5. According to H, what is the purpose of the news reports?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)