|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles H about his teacher?
(a) H's teacher did not tell his mother about the lie he told.
(b) H's teacher is lazier than his students.
(c) H's teacher never loses his temper.
(d) H's teacher gives him good grades no matter what.
2. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) An upscale business.
(b) A local hangout.
(c) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(d) A meeting place for the secret police.
3. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
(b) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(c) H dislikes all forms of music.
(d) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
4. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(b) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(c) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(d) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
(b) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(c) The spirit of the war dead.
(d) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
2. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
3. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
4. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
5. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)