|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, What does H do instead of studying?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Play outside.
(c) Build model airplanes.
(d) Spy on the neighbors.
2. What does H learn during his summer?
(a) The Hiroshima dialect.
(b) How to steer a boat.
(c) How to mend socks.
(d) A Japanese war secret.
3. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H offers advice that improves a dish.
(b) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
(c) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
(d) H and his mother are regular customers.
4. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
(a) H wants protection from Tamori.
(b) H is bored.
(c) H wants to be best friends with Furuta.
(d) H wants to learn how to protect his family.
5. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks Japan.
(d) Japan defeats China.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
2. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
3. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
4. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
5. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)