|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His home has washed away with the flood.
(b) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(c) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(d) The bridge has washed out.
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
(b) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(c) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(d) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
3. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) For a walk.
(b) The neighbor's house.
(c) The library.
(d) The bathhouse.
4. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(b) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(c) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(d) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
5. What does Toshiko need to convince her neighbors to do?
(a) Donate a certain percent of their earnings to the needy.
(b) Buy war bonds.
(c) Give away all their silver and gold.
(d) Work full-time in the artillery factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
2. Why is H expelled from the riding club?
3. Why does Kaneda leave?
4. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
5. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)