|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(b) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(c) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(d) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
2. After seeing the condition of his grandparents home, how does H feel?
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
4. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(b) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(c) The bridge has washed out.
(d) His home has washed away with the flood.
5. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
(b) H must take over at the air raid drills.
(c) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
(d) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
2. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
3. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
4. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
5. What happens on H's birthday?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)