|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To impress his wife.
(b) To gain more meaning in his life.
(c) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
(d) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
2. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will no longer be a child.
(b) H will join the army.
(c) H will move in with his grandparents.
(d) H will join the church choir.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Shige has been called up to the army.
(c) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(d) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
4. What does H learn during his summer?
(a) How to mend socks.
(b) A Japanese war secret.
(c) The Hiroshima dialect.
(d) How to steer a boat.
5. What is the rumor going around the school in Chapter 26?
(a) English language classes will no longer be taught in schools.
(b) The rifle club with disband.
(c) The school will close down to prepare for impending air raids.
(d) Instructor Tamori will be retiring at the end of the school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
2. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
3. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
4. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
5. What happens on H's birthday?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)