|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(b) Morio has webbed feet.
(c) Morio never took the physical exam.
(d) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
2. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
(b) H must take over at the air raid drills.
(c) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
(d) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
3. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It will never happen.
(b) It has already started.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It might happen.
4. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H offers advice that improves a dish.
(b) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
(c) H and his mother are regular customers.
(d) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
5. Why does H finally decide to join the rifle club?
(a) H wants to be best friends with Furuta.
(b) H wants to learn how to protect his family.
(c) H is bored.
(d) H wants protection from Tamori.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. What is the Hoanden?
4. What is forbidden on the train?
5. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)