|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(b) Singing German music.
(c) Talking about America or Britain.
(d) Learning about foreign cultures.
2. What happens on December 8th?
(a) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(b) America attacks Hiroshima.
(c) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(d) America attacks Kobe.
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is more hygienic.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
4. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are heavy.
(b) Gas masks are unattractive.
(c) Gas masks are expensive.
(d) Gas masks are poorly made.
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(b) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
3. Why is the English language banned?
4. What does H's father describe his shop as?
5. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)