|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Singing German music.
(b) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(c) Talking about America or Britain.
(d) Learning about foreign cultures.
2. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is a special edition.
(b) It is a religious record.
(c) It is made in America.
(d) It is made in China.
3. Why is H expelled from the riding club?
(a) The club is banning all new students.
(b) H steals a pair of riding boots.
(c) H takes a horse out for a secret ride.
(d) H bites one of the other club members.
4. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is easier to wash.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) Silverware is more hygienic.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
5. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
2. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
4. What does H learn during his summer?
5. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)