|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) The Chinese.
(c) Human beings.
(d) The Devil.
2. What is forbidden on the train?
(b) Bringing your own food on the train.
(c) Looking out the window at the scenery.
(d) Talking to others.
3. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(b) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(c) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(d) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
4. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
5. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is made in America.
(c) It is a special edition.
(d) It is a religious record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
4. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)