|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) The American military is planning an invasion.
(b) H's family are spies.
(c) H's English teacher is a spy.
(d) The war is over.
2. What happens on H's birthday?
(a) Morio is called up to work in a factory.
(b) A pastor is arrested.
(c) H takes a tour of the fire station.
(d) Toshiko is investigated because of her religious beliefs.
3. Why is the English language banned?
(a) English is difficult to read.
(b) It violates the spirit of the time.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) Englishmen are traders.
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The war with China.
(b) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
5. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
(a) H and Shingo want to visit their friend.
(b) H and Shingo don't want to be seen by their neighbors.
(c) H and Shingo want to eat some noodles.
(d) H and Shingo enjoy walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
2. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
3. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
5. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)