|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(b) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(c) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(d) He steals money from his mother's purse.
2. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
(a) Use the words anyways.
(b) Hold a protest.
(c) Rat out classmates who don't follow the rules.
(d) Use substitute words.
3. What happens on December 8th?
(a) America attacks Hiroshima.
(b) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(c) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(d) America attacks Kobe.
4. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
(a) To see an exhibition.
(b) To visit their grandparents.
(c) To visit their cousin.
(d) To witness a religious event.
5. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(b) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(c) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
(d) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a record with a red label indicate?
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
5. Why does Kaneda leave?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)