|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(b) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(c) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(d) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
2. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) H's English teacher is a spy.
(b) The American military is planning an invasion.
(c) The war is over.
(d) H's family are spies.
3. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
(b) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
(c) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
(d) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
4. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys are all safe.
(b) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(c) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
5. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(b) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(c) Yoshiko feels scared.
(d) Yoshiko feels hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
2. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
3. What is the Hoanden?
4. What happens on December 8th?
5. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)