|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
2. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is a special edition.
(b) It is made in China.
(c) It is a religious record.
(d) It is made in America.
3. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
(a) If the house collapses from a bomb, they would be trapped.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Uncle Hadano's shelter is big enough for their family.
(d) Kobe will never be bombed.
4. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It might happen.
(b) It is inevitable.
(c) It will never happen.
(d) It has already started.
5. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is easier to wash.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(d) Silverware is more hygienic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
2. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
3. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
4. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
5. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)