|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hoanden?
(a) The Hoanden is the official portrait of the Emperor.
(b) The Hoanden is a concrete structure that houses The official royal portraits of the Emperor and Empress.
(c) The Hoanden is the official scroll containing the words of the god Susanowo.
(d) The Hoanden is the celebration of the Emperor and Empress.
2. After seeing the condition of his grandparents home, how does H feel?
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is a special edition.
(b) It is a religious record.
(c) It is made in China.
(d) It is made in America.
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(b) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
2. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
3. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
4. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)