|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys are all safe.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(b) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(c) Yoshiko feels hungry.
(d) Yoshiko feels scared.
3. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
(a) H and Shingo don't want to be seen by their neighbors.
(b) H and Shingo want to eat some noodles.
(c) H and Shingo want to visit their friend.
(d) H and Shingo enjoy walking.
4. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
(a) Religious unions.
(b) National defence.
(c) Japanese military.
(d) Education Ministry.
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(b) Morio never took the physical exam.
(c) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(d) Morio has webbed feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
2. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
4. After seeing the condition of his grandparents home, how does H feel?
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)