|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H learn during his summer?
(a) How to mend socks.
(b) How to steer a boat.
(c) The Hiroshima dialect.
(d) A Japanese war secret.
2. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The spirit of the war dead.
(b) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(c) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
(d) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
3. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) They will get a heart attack.
(b) They will spread trachoma.
(c) Their wish will come true.
(d) Someone will kick them from behind.
4. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
(b) To gain more meaning in his life.
(c) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
(d) To impress his wife.
5. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H never has enough money to see a film.
(b) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
2. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
3. What kind of god is Susanowo?
4. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
5. What does H's father describe his shop as?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)