|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on December 8th?
(a) America attacks Hiroshima.
(b) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(c) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(d) America attacks Kobe.
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(b) Silverware is more hygienic.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
3. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To gain more meaning in his life.
(b) To impress his wife.
(c) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
(d) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
4. What happens on H's birthday?
(a) A pastor is arrested.
(b) Toshiko is investigated because of her religious beliefs.
(c) Morio is called up to work in a factory.
(d) H takes a tour of the fire station.
5. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(b) A meeting place for the secret police.
(c) A local hangout.
(d) An upscale business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
4. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
5. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)