|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) America attacks Japan.
(b) Japan defeats China.
(c) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(d) Germany attacks Japan.
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(b) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(c) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(d) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
3. What is the Hoanden?
(a) The Hoanden is the official portrait of the Emperor.
(b) The Hoanden is the celebration of the Emperor and Empress.
(c) The Hoanden is the official scroll containing the words of the god Susanowo.
(d) The Hoanden is a concrete structure that houses The official royal portraits of the Emperor and Empress.
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) Morio will protest in the streets.
(b) H and his family will move to the country.
(c) The number of fires will increase.
(d) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
2. What happens on December 8th?
3. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)