|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will move in with his grandparents.
(b) H will join the army.
(c) H will no longer be a child.
(d) H will join the church choir.
2. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(b) H should not go home past curfew.
(c) H should not read any English books.
(d) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
3. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(b) The spirit of the war dead.
(c) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
(d) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
4. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(b) The Chinese.
(c) Human beings.
(d) The Devil.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(b) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(c) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(d) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
2. What puzzles H about his teacher?
3. What happens on December 8th?
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)