|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(b) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(c) Shige has been called up to the army.
(d) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
(a) Rat out classmates who don't follow the rules.
(b) Use the words anyways.
(c) Hold a protest.
(d) Use substitute words.
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(b) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
5. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is a special edition.
(b) It is made in China.
(c) It is made in America.
(d) It is a religious record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
2. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
4. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)