|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do H and his friends do when "words of enemy origin" are not allowed?
(a) Use the words anyways.
(b) Hold a protest.
(c) Rat out classmates who don't follow the rules.
(d) Use substitute words.
2. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) They will spread trachoma.
(b) Someone will kick them from behind.
(c) They will get a heart attack.
(d) Their wish will come true.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
4. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(b) H ignores Girly Boy.
(c) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(d) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
5. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(b) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(c) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(d) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
2. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
3. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
4. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
5. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)