|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The war with China.
(b) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(c) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(d) Lack of athletes.
2. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(b) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(c) Shige has been called up to the army.
(d) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
3. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(b) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(c) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(d) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
4. What does H learn during his summer?
(a) How to steer a boat.
(b) How to mend socks.
(c) A Japanese war secret.
(d) The Hiroshima dialect.
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(b) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
3. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
4. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
5. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)