|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) Human beings.
(b) The Devil.
(d) The Chinese.
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(b) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(c) The war with China.
(d) Lack of athletes.
3. What is forbidden on the train?
(a) Looking out the window at the scenery.
(b) Bringing your own food on the train.
(d) Talking to others.
4. Why is the English language banned?
(a) Englishmen are traders.
(b) It violates the spirit of the time.
(c) English is difficult to read.
(d) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
5. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
(b) The train's engine.
(c) The foreigners at the train stop.
(d) The conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
2. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
3. What is the rumor going around H's school?
4. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
5. Why does Kaneda leave?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)