|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(b) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(c) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
(d) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
2. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(c) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(d) Shige has been called up to the army.
3. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
(a) H has family living in Britain.
(b) H's father has many British customers.
(c) H's favorite music comes from Britain.
(d) H's best friend is British
4. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(b) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) Silverware is more hygienic.
5. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(b) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(c) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(d) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
2. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
3. What is the Hoanden?
4. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
5. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)