|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(c) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(d) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio has webbed feet.
(b) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(c) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(d) Morio never took the physical exam.
3. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(b) H should not read any English books.
(c) H should not go home past curfew.
(d) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
4. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Shige has been called up to the army.
(d) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
5. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It has already started.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It might happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
2. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
3. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
4. What happens on December 8th?
5. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)