|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
(a) Englishmen are traders.
(b) English is difficult to read.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) It violates the spirit of the time.
2. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(b) A local hangout.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) An upscale business.
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(b) Sing her favorite hymn.
(c) Practice the tambourine.
(d) Read from the Bible.
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(b) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(c) H should not read any English books.
(d) H should not go home past curfew.
5. Who is responsible for the Japanese language changes?
(a) Japanese military.
(b) Religious unions.
(c) National defence.
(d) Education Ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
3. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
4. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
5. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)