|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Shige has been called up to the army.
(c) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(d) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
2. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(b) H never has enough money to see a film.
(c) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(d) H isn't interested in watching movies.
3. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(b) The spirit of the war dead.
(c) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
(d) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
4. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
(b) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(c) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(d) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
5. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) Someone will kick them from behind.
(b) They will spread trachoma.
(c) Their wish will come true.
(d) They will get a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
3. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
4. What is the rumor going around H's school?
5. Why do H and Shingo get off the streetcar one stop early?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)