|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hoanden?
(a) The Hoanden is the official portrait of the Emperor.
(b) The Hoanden is a concrete structure that houses The official royal portraits of the Emperor and Empress.
(c) The Hoanden is the official scroll containing the words of the god Susanowo.
(d) The Hoanden is the celebration of the Emperor and Empress.
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio never took the physical exam.
(b) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(c) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(d) Morio has webbed feet.
3. Why does H find it odd that Uncle Hadano is building an air raid shelter under their home?
(a) Kobe will never be bombed.
(b) If the house collapses from a bomb, they would be trapped.
(c) Uncle Hadano's shelter is big enough for their family.
(d) The war is over.
4. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Talking about America or Britain.
(b) Learning about foreign cultures.
(c) Singing German music.
(d) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
5. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H and his mother are regular customers.
(b) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
(c) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
(d) H offers advice that improves a dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
4. What does H's father describe his shop as?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)