|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(b) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(c) H ignores Girly Boy.
(d) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
2. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will join the army.
(b) H will join the church choir.
(c) H will move in with his grandparents.
(d) H will no longer be a child.
3. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
4. What is the Hoanden?
(a) The Hoanden is the celebration of the Emperor and Empress.
(b) The Hoanden is a concrete structure that houses The official royal portraits of the Emperor and Empress.
(c) The Hoanden is the official scroll containing the words of the god Susanowo.
(d) The Hoanden is the official portrait of the Emperor.
5. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) The Chinese.
(c) Human beings.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a record with a red label indicate?
2. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
3. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
4. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
5. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)