|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is made in America.
(c) It is a religious record.
(d) It is a special edition.
2. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(b) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
3. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
(b) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
(c) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
(d) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
4. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(b) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
(c) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(d) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
5. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(b) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(c) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(d) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
2. What kind of god is Susanowo?
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
5. Why does Kaneda leave?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)