|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(b) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(c) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(d) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
2. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H dislikes all forms of music.
(b) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(c) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
(d) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
3. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
(d) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
4. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The neighbor's house.
(b) For a walk.
(c) The library.
(d) The bathhouse.
5. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(b) An upscale business.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) A local hangout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
3. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
4. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
5. What is the National Dress Order?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)