|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(b) H should not read any English books.
(c) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(d) H should not go home past curfew.
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(b) Silverware is more hygienic.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
3. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(b) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is a special edition.
(b) It is made in China.
(c) It is made in America.
(d) It is a religious record.
5. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(b) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(c) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
(d) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
2. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
3. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
4. What puzzles H about his teacher?
5. What is the Hoanden?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)