|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
2. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(b) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(b) The operators are not to be trusted.
(c) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
(d) The operators overcharge.
4. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His home has washed away with the flood.
(b) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(c) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(d) The bridge has washed out.
5. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(b) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
(c) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(d) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
2. What kind of god is Susanowo?
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
5. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)