|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
(a) H does a trick for the restaurant owner.
(b) H and his mother are regular customers.
(c) H and his mother look hungry and poor.
(d) H offers advice that improves a dish.
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(b) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(c) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(d) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
4. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is a violent god.
(b) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
(c) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
(d) Susanowo is an unruly god.
5. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(b) The operators overcharge.
(c) The operators are not to be trusted.
(d) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hoanden?
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
5. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)