|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(b) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(c) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(d) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
3. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is an unruly god.
(b) Susanowo is a violent god.
(c) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
(d) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
(b) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(c) H dislikes all forms of music.
(d) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
5. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
(a) Mitchan sees H in his childish pajamas.
(b) H is convinced that Mitchan has seen his map.
(c) Yoshiko has told Mitchan that H likes her.
(d) Mitchan is rude to H.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
2. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
4. What is the Hoanden?
5. Why is the English language banned?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)