|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(b) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(c) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(d) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
2. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A local hangout.
(b) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) An upscale business.
3. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
(a) Mitchan sees H in his childish pajamas.
(b) H is convinced that Mitchan has seen his map.
(c) Mitchan is rude to H.
(d) Yoshiko has told Mitchan that H likes her.
4. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
5. What is the Hoanden?
(a) The Hoanden is the official scroll containing the words of the god Susanowo.
(b) The Hoanden is the celebration of the Emperor and Empress.
(c) The Hoanden is a concrete structure that houses The official royal portraits of the Emperor and Empress.
(d) The Hoanden is the official portrait of the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
2. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
4. What kind of god is Susanowo?
5. Why is the English language banned?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)