|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
(b) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
(c) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
(d) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(b) Practice the tambourine.
(c) Read from the Bible.
(d) Sing her favorite hymn.
5. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
(a) A German tourist stole his uncle's bicycle.
(b) The German army has attacked Japan in the past.
(c) H secretly read an anti-German newspaper article.
(d) Germany is betraying Japan when Japan needs them the most.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a record with a red label indicate?
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
3. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
5. What does H's father describe his shop as?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)