|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) Their wish will come true.
(b) They will spread trachoma.
(c) Someone will kick them from behind.
(d) They will get a heart attack.
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(b) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(c) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(d) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
3. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(b) H should not read any English books.
(c) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(d) H should not go home past curfew.
4. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(b) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(c) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(d) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
5. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(b) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(c) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(d) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
2. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
4. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
5. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)