|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
(a) H's best friend is British
(b) H's favorite music comes from Britain.
(c) H has family living in Britain.
(d) H's father has many British customers.
2. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(b) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(c) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(d) H disobeys any new law that is made.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(c) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(d) The boys are all safe.
4. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will no longer be a child.
(b) H will move in with his grandparents.
(c) H will join the church choir.
(d) H will join the army.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(c) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(d) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
2. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
4. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
5. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)