|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in America.
(b) It is a special edition.
(c) It is a religious record.
(d) It is made in China.
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(b) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(c) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(d) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
3. Why is the English language banned?
(a) It violates the spirit of the time.
(b) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(c) Englishmen are traders.
(d) English is difficult to read.
4. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
5. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
(b) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(c) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
(d) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
2. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
4. What does H's father describe his shop as?
5. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)