|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) Someone will kick them from behind.
(b) Their wish will come true.
(c) They will spread trachoma.
(d) They will get a heart attack.
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(b) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
(c) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(d) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
4. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Sing her favorite hymn.
(b) Read from the Bible.
(c) Practice the tambourine.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(b) The war with China.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the National Dress Order?
2. What does H's father describe his shop as?
3. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
5. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)