|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(b) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
2. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
3. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(b) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(c) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(d) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is a religious record.
(c) It is a special edition.
(d) It is made in America.
5. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
(d) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
5. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)