|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A local hangout.
(b) A meeting place for the secret police.
(c) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(d) An upscale business.
2. What puzzles H about his teacher?
(a) H's teacher gives him good grades no matter what.
(b) H's teacher is lazier than his students.
(c) H's teacher did not tell his mother about the lie he told.
(d) H's teacher never loses his temper.
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Practice the tambourine.
(b) Read from the Bible.
(c) Sing her favorite hymn.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(c) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(d) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
5. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
(b) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(c) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(d) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
2. Why does H believe Germany is not to be trusted?
3. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
4. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
5. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)