|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) The boys are all safe.
2. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
(b) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(c) The operators are not to be trusted.
(d) The operators overcharge.
3. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(b) A local hangout.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) An upscale business.
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(d) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio never took the physical exam.
(b) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of god is Susanowo?
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
5. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)