|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(b) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(c) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(d) He steals money from his mother's purse.
2. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
(b) Susanowo is a violent god.
(c) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
(d) Susanowo is an unruly god.
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
5. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
(b) The operators overcharge.
(c) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(d) The operators are not to be trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
5. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)