|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The neighbor's house.
(c) The library.
(d) For a walk.
2. What is the National Dress Order?
(a) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear kimonos at all times.
(b) An order that requires all foreigners to wear traditional Japanese clothing.
(c) An order which requires all Japanese people to wear clothing made of a khaki material.
(d) An order that requires all Japanese people to wear Western clothing.
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in America.
(b) It is made in China.
(c) It is a religious record.
(d) It is a special edition.
5. What puzzles H about his teacher?
(a) H's teacher gives him good grades no matter what.
(b) H's teacher never loses his temper.
(c) H's teacher is lazier than his students.
(d) H's teacher did not tell his mother about the lie he told.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kaneda leave?
2. What is the Hoanden?
3. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)