|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators overcharge.
(b) The operators are not to be trusted.
(c) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(d) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(b) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(c) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(d) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
4. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
(a) H's father has many British customers.
(b) H's best friend is British
(c) H's favorite music comes from Britain.
(d) H has family living in Britain.
5. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H never has enough money to see a film.
(b) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(c) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(d) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the National Dress Order?
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
3. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
4. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
5. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)