|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(b) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H never has enough money to see a film.
2. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(d) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
4. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
(b) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(c) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(d) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
5. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
(a) H's best friend is British
(b) H has family living in Britain.
(c) H's favorite music comes from Britain.
(d) H's father has many British customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
3. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
5. Why is the English language banned?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)