|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(b) The war with China.
(c) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(d) Lack of athletes.
3. What kind of god is Susanowo?
(a) Susanowo is an unruly god.
(b) Susanowo is a benevolent god.
(c) Susanowo is an unforgiving god.
(d) Susanowo is a violent god.
4. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) The Devil.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) Human beings.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(c) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(d) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
3. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
4. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)