|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(b) His home has washed away with the flood.
(c) The bridge has washed out.
(d) His bicycle has a flat tire.
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(b) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators are not to be trusted.
(b) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
(c) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(d) The operators overcharge.
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(c) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(d) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
5. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(d) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
3. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
4. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
5. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)