|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(c) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(d) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) The bridge has washed out.
(b) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(c) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(d) His home has washed away with the flood.
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
4. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(b) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(c) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(d) H never has enough money to see a film.
5. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is made in America.
(c) It is a special edition.
(d) It is a religious record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
2. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
3. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
4. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
5. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)