|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(b) An upscale business.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) A local hangout.
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His home has washed away with the flood.
(b) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(c) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(d) The bridge has washed out.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(b) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
(b) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(c) H dislikes all forms of music.
(d) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(b) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
4. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)