|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(c) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(d) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His home has washed away with the flood.
(b) The bridge has washed out.
(c) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(d) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is more hygienic.
(b) Silverware is easier to wash.
(c) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
5. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(b) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(c) Yoshiko feels scared.
(d) Yoshiko feels hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kaneda leave?
2. What does a record with a red label indicate?
3. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
4. What puzzles H about his teacher?
5. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)