|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio has webbed feet.
(b) Morio never took the physical exam.
(c) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(d) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
2. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(b) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(c) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(d) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
3. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The neighbor's house.
(c) For a walk.
(d) The library.
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(c) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(d) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
5. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) They will get a heart attack.
(b) They will spread trachoma.
(c) Their wish will come true.
(d) Someone will kick them from behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
3. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
4. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
5. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)