|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(b) The operators overcharge.
(c) The operators are not to be trusted.
(d) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
2. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(b) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
(c) H dislikes all forms of music.
(d) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
3. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(b) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(c) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(d) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
4. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio never took the physical exam.
(b) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
5. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) An upscale business.
(b) A local hangout.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) A run of the mill tailor shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
2. Why is H ashamed in front of Mitchan?
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
5. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)