|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H dislikes all forms of music.
(b) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
(c) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(d) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
2. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
3. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(b) The bridge has washed out.
(c) His home has washed away with the flood.
(d) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
4. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(b) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(c) Morio never took the physical exam.
(d) Morio has webbed feet.
5. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(b) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(c) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(d) He steals money from his mother's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
4. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
5. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)