|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(b) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(c) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(d) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
2. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(b) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(c) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(d) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
3. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) Human beings.
(b) The Devil.
(d) The Chinese.
4. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
(b) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(c) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(d) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
5. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(b) Practice the tambourine.
(c) Read from the Bible.
(d) Sing her favorite hymn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
2. What puzzles H about his teacher?
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
4. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
5. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)