|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Read from the Bible.
(b) Sing her favorite hymn.
(c) Practice the tambourine.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels scared.
(b) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(c) Yoshiko feels hungry.
(d) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
(b) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(c) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(d) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(b) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(c) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(d) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
5. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H dislikes all forms of music.
(b) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(c) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
(d) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
2. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
3. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
4. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
5. What does H's father describe his shop as?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)