|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen when H turns fifteen?
(a) H will no longer be a child.
(b) H will move in with his grandparents.
(c) H will join the church choir.
(d) H will join the army.
2. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(b) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
(c) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(d) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys are all safe.
(b) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(c) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
4. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
5. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(b) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(c) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(d) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
2. What does a record with a red label indicate?
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
5. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)