|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(d) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(b) Human beings.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Chinese.
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(b) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio never took the physical exam.
4. What puzzles H about his teacher?
(a) H's teacher gives him good grades no matter what.
(b) H's teacher is lazier than his students.
(c) H's teacher did not tell his mother about the lie he told.
(d) H's teacher never loses his temper.
5. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His home has washed away with the flood.
(b) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(c) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(d) The bridge has washed out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
2. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
5. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)