|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(b) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
(c) H ignores Girly Boy.
(d) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
2. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Practice the tambourine.
(b) Sing her favorite hymn.
(c) Read from the Bible.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
3. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
(b) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(c) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(d) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in America.
(b) It is made in China.
(c) It is a special edition.
(d) It is a religious record.
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(b) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles H about his teacher?
2. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
5. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)