|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(b) A local hangout.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) An upscale business.
2. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(b) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(c) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
3. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(b) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
4. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators overcharge.
(b) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(c) The operators are not to be trusted.
(d) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(b) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(c) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(d) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
3. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
5. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)