|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(c) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(d) The boys are all safe.
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(b) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
3. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
(b) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(c) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
(d) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
4. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Sing her favorite hymn.
(b) Read from the Bible.
(c) Practice the tambourine.
(d) Do the dishes and make his bed.
5. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(c) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
3. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
4. What does a record with a red label indicate?
5. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)