|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H afford to buy oyatsu?
(a) He steals money from his mother's purse.
(b) He does chores for his father, who in turn gives him an allowance.
(c) He steals oyatsu from the sweetshop.
(d) He trades the candy given to him by his mother with candy his friends buy from the sweetshop.
2. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(b) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
3. Why is H embarrassed in the doctor's waiting room?
(a) H wets his pants while waiting to see the doctor.
(b) H's mother discusses his problem with everyone in the waiting room.
(c) Mitchan is waiting to see the doctor as well, and overhears what H's problem is.
(d) H's mother prays aloud that H will be cured of his bed wetting.
4. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
(b) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(c) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(d) H ignores Girly Boy.
5. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) Someone will kick them from behind.
(b) They will spread trachoma.
(c) They will get a heart attack.
(d) Their wish will come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
2. Why does the owner of the noodle restaurant give H and his mother a free meal?
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
4. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)