|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(b) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
2. What is no longer published in newspapers?
(a) Weather reports.
(b) Reports on raids.
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
(b) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
(c) H must take over at the air raid drills.
(d) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(b) Uncle Hadano.
(c) Mr. Tamori.
(d) The vice-principal.
5. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To impress his wife.
(b) To gain more meaning in his life.
(c) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
(d) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
3. To which organization are H and his classmates assigned to work?
4. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
5. Which country announces its surrender?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)