Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(b) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
2. Where is Morio during the bombing?
(a) Next door.
(b) Fire station.
(c) At home.
(d) At the church.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige has been called up to the army.
(b) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(c) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(d) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
4. What does the American pilot have tucked in his boot?
(b) A bible.
(c) A map of Japan.
(d) A gun.
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(b) The war with China.
(c) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(d) Lack of athletes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H find himself under the line of fire at the firing range?
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
3. What is no longer published in newspapers?
4. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
5. What do H and his friends drop from the roof of the school?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)