|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(b) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
2. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
(b) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
(c) H must take over at the air raid drills.
(d) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
4. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
(a) To see an exhibition.
(b) To visit their cousin.
(c) To witness a religious event.
(d) To visit their grandparents.
5. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(b) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(c) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(d) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
3. What does H learn during his summer?
4. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
5. What happens on December 8th?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)