|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H never has enough money to see a film.
(b) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
2. What does the vice-principal say when H asks why students are not allowed to look at the photographs of the Emperor and Empress at school?
(a) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor and Empress are too important to be looked at directly.
(b) The vice-principal tells H that the Emperor is a living god.
(c) The vice-principal tells H that the students should look to the Emperor with their hearts, not their eyes.
(d) The vice-principal tells H to stop asking questions.
3. What does H hear the local housewives say about the operators of those boxes?
(a) The operators are not to be trusted.
(b) The operators overcharge.
(c) The operators often smell because they never visit the bathhouse.
(d) The operators will sometimes run off with children.
4. Why does H disapprove of people being anti-British?
(a) H's father has many British customers.
(b) H's favorite music comes from Britain.
(c) H's best friend is British
(d) H has family living in Britain.
5. What does H tell people will happen if they look in the box at the amusement park?
(a) They will spread trachoma.
(b) Their wish will come true.
(c) Someone will kick them from behind.
(d) They will get a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
2. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
3. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
4. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
5. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)