|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(b) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(c) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
(d) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
2. Why doesn't Sugita want the rifles given to the Americans?
(a) The rifles are valuable.
(b) The Americans will use them against the Japanese.
(c) The rifles are a symbol of the rifle club.
(d) Sugita wants to keep them as souvenirs of the war.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(b) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(c) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(d) The boys are all safe.
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) Lack of athletes.
(b) The war with China.
(c) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(d) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
5. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
2. How does H plan to win the friendship of American troops?
3. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
4. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
5. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)