|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(b) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(c) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(d) H disobeys any new law that is made.
2. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are expensive.
(b) Gas masks are heavy.
(c) Gas masks are unattractive.
(d) Gas masks are poorly made.
3. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
(a) A sickly woman.
(b) A Japanese military officer.
(c) Two American troops.
(d) An old man and his grandson.
4. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
(a) A hail storm.
(b) An air raid alert.
(c) An angry Instructor Tamori.
(d) H's mother.
5. Why is it suggested Prime Minister Tojo is a disgrace?
(a) He cheated on his wife.
(b) He lied to the Japanese people.
(c) He did not commit suicide the day the war ended.
(d) He embezzled money from the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles H about his teacher?
2. What is dropped over Kobe from B29 planes?
3. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
4. In Chapter 45, what does H think of his family's new housing?
5. What do the boys intend to do with the rifle club's rifles?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)