|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 24?
(b) Admiral Yamamoto.
2. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
(a) Two American troops.
(b) An old man and his grandson.
(c) A Japanese military officer.
(d) A sickly woman.
3. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
(a) They are getting injured in air raids.
(b) They are falling ill.
(c) They are being forced to work night shifts in the factory.
(d) They are being sent to the front.
4. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
(a) Morio did business with American and British people prior to the war.
(b) Morio is caught spying from the roof of the fire station.
(c) Morio refused to purchase a gas mask.
(d) Morio stole some rationed goods.
5. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
(a) H speaks negatively about the Japanese military.
(b) H starts an argument with another student.
(c) H turns in a blank test sheet.
(d) H cuts classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
2. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
3. What does H decide to start a business doing?
4. What does H's family win?
5. What does Toshiko need to convince her neighbors to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)