|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
2. After the end of the war, who replaces the military as the figure of authority?
(a) The occupational forces.
(b) The local police chief.
(c) The American President.
(d) The mayor.
3. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H never has enough money to see a film.
(b) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(b) H should not read any English books.
(c) H should not go home past curfew.
(d) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
5. What is no longer published in newspapers?
(a) Reports on raids.
(d) Weather reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
2. What is something H has always wanted to try?
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
4. Why does Mr. Kawano become angry with H?
5. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)