|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
(a) A hail storm.
(b) H's mother.
(c) An angry Instructor Tamori.
(d) An air raid alert.
2. Why doesn't Sugita want the rifles given to the Americans?
(a) The Americans will use them against the Japanese.
(b) The rifles are a symbol of the rifle club.
(c) The rifles are valuable.
(d) Sugita wants to keep them as souvenirs of the war.
3. In Chapter 45, What disgusts H at school?
(a) The attitudes of his classmates.
(b) The new American textbooks.
(c) The hypocrisy of his teachers.
(d) The disorganized classrooms.
4. To whom do the boys compare Instructor Tamori?
(a) H's favorite God.
(b) Uncle Hadano.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Prime Minister Tojo.
5. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
(a) To serve one's country.
(b) To serve one's own ambitions.
(c) To serve God.
(d) To serve one's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What happens on H's birthday?
5. What are octopus pots also known as?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)