|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character works for the newspaper?
(a) Mr. Tamori.
(b) Mr. Odagiri.
2. What is no longer published in newspapers?
(a) Reports on raids.
(c) Weather reports.
3. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
(a) Morio did business with American and British people prior to the war.
(b) Morio refused to purchase a gas mask.
(c) Morio stole some rationed goods.
(d) Morio is caught spying from the roof of the fire station.
4. What are octopus pots also known as?
(a) Chamber pots.
(c) Fish bowls.
(d) Squid puddles.
5. Why is it suggested that Morio deserves a medal?
(a) He captures a runaway American soldier.
(b) He saves two people from a fire.
(c) He turns a neighbor in to the military police.
(d) He signs up to go to the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kamikera?
2. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
3. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
4. Which country announces its surrender?
5. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)