|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
(a) It violates the spirit of the time.
(b) English is difficult to read.
(c) Englishmen are traders.
(d) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
2. Who do H and his workmates find hiding in the darkness of the lean-to?
(a) An old man and his grandson.
(b) A sickly woman.
(c) A Japanese military officer.
(d) Two American troops.
3. What are octopus pots also known as?
(a) Squid puddles.
(b) Chamber pots.
(c) Fish bowls.
4. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
(b) White doves.
(d) White butterflies.
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(b) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(c) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(d) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
2. What declaration is presented to Japan by the Americans?
3. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
4. In Chapter 38, what is happening to many of H's instructors?
5. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)