|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(b) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(b) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
3. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(b) The number of fires will increase.
(c) H and his family will move to the country.
(d) Morio will protest in the streets.
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels scared.
(b) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(c) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(d) Yoshiko feels hungry.
5. Why is the English language banned?
(a) It violates the spirit of the time.
(b) Englishmen are traders.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) English is difficult to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
2. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
3. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
4. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
5. What puzzles H about his teacher?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)