|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(b) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(c) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(d) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(b) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
3. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
(b) H ignores Girly Boy.
(c) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(d) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
4. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(c) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
5. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels hungry.
(b) Yoshiko feels scared.
(c) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(d) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
2. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
4. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
5. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)