|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(b) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(c) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(d) H disobeys any new law that is made.
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
3. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
4. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(b) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio never took the physical exam.
5. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
(a) The Chinese.
(c) Human beings.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
3. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)