|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's birthday?
(a) Toshiko is investigated because of her religious beliefs.
(b) A pastor is arrested.
(c) Morio is called up to work in a factory.
(d) H takes a tour of the fire station.
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(b) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
3. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) The bridge has washed out.
(b) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(c) His home has washed away with the flood.
(d) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
5. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(b) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles H about his teacher?
2. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
4. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)