|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(b) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(c) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(d) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is easier to wash.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) Silverware is more hygienic.
(d) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
3. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(b) His home has washed away with the flood.
(c) The bridge has washed out.
(d) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
4. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(d) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
5. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
3. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
5. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)