|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(b) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(d) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
4. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(b) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
5. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(b) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(c) H ignores Girly Boy.
(d) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)