|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(b) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
(c) The spirit of the war dead.
(d) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(b) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(c) Morio never took the physical exam.
(d) Morio has webbed feet.
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) Lack of athletes.
(b) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(c) The war with China.
(d) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
4. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(b) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
(c) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(d) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) Morio will protest in the streets.
(b) The number of fires will increase.
(c) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(d) H and his family will move to the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
2. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
4. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
5. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)