|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(b) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
4. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(b) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(c) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(d) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
5. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)