|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(b) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(c) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(d) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
4. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(b) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(c) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(d) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
5. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(b) His home has washed away with the flood.
(c) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
(d) The bridge has washed out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
3. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
5. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)