|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) Silverware is more hygienic.
2. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(b) H should not read any English books.
(c) H should not go home past curfew.
(d) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
3. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(b) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(c) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(d) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
4. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(b) H never has enough money to see a film.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
5. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(b) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(c) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(d) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
Short Answer Questions
1. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
3. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
4. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)