|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(b) H never has enough money to see a film.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
2. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(b) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
(c) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
(d) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(b) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(c) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(d) The boys are all safe.
4. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) H and his family will move to the country.
(b) The number of fires will increase.
(c) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(d) Morio will protest in the streets.
5. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
(a) H should not sketch pictures of soldiers.
(b) H should not read any English books.
(c) H should not count the number of railroad cars.
(d) H should not go home past curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
5. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)