|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's birthday?
(a) Toshiko is investigated because of her religious beliefs.
(b) H takes a tour of the fire station.
(c) A pastor is arrested.
(d) Morio is called up to work in a factory.
2. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is easier to wash.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(d) Silverware is more hygienic.
3. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(b) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
4. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(b) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(c) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(d) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio has webbed feet.
(b) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(c) Morio never took the physical exam.
(d) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
2. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
3. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
5. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)