|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys are all safe.
(b) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(c) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
2. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(b) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(c) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(d) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
3. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(b) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
4. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) Silverware is easier to wash.
(b) Silverware is more hygienic.
(c) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(d) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The war with China.
(b) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
3. Why is the English language banned?
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
5. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)