|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The war with China.
(b) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
2. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(b) H ignores Girly Boy.
(c) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(d) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
3. What puzzles H about his teacher?
(a) H's teacher did not tell his mother about the lie he told.
(b) H's teacher never loses his temper.
(c) H's teacher is lazier than his students.
(d) H's teacher gives him good grades no matter what.
4. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(d) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(b) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(c) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(d) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
2. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
4. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)