|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
(b) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(c) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
(d) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
(b) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(c) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(d) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
3. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
(a) H steals his clothes while Girly Boy is bathing.
(b) H pulls Girly Boy's towel away from him.
(c) H mocks Girly Boy in front of his friends.
(d) H ignores Girly Boy.
4. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
(a) H thinks he will lose the use of his arm if he does not see a doctor.
(b) The bone setter has a reputation of being mean to young boys.
(c) The doctor gives out candy to his patients.
(d) He just wants to make things difficult for his mother.
5. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
(a) The personal effects of deceased soldiers.
(b) The crosses taken down from all the churches.
(c) The spirit of the war dead.
(d) The spirit of the Kobe ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
2. Why is the English language banned?
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
5. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)