|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
(a) To help his neighbors in a more heroic way.
(b) To gain more meaning in his life.
(c) To avoid being forced to work in a factory.
(d) To impress his wife.
2. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(d) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
3. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
(b) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(c) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
(d) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
4. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(b) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(c) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
(d) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(b) The number of fires will increase.
(c) H and his family will move to the country.
(d) Morio will protest in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
2. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)