|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(b) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(c) H never has enough money to see a film.
(d) H isn't interested in watching movies.
2. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) Morio will protest in the streets.
(b) H and his family will move to the country.
(c) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(d) The number of fires will increase.
3. Why is the English language banned?
(a) It violates the spirit of the time.
(b) English is difficult to read.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) Englishmen are traders.
4. Why is Uncle Hadano unable to go home?
(a) The bridge has washed out.
(b) His bicycle has a flat tire.
(c) His home has washed away with the flood.
(d) The road is blocked with a herd of cattle.
5. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(b) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(c) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(d) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
2. What happens on H's birthday?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)