|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
(a) Yoshiko feels happy because her brother let her play hide and seek with his friends.
(b) Yoshiko feels scared.
(c) Yoshiko feels sad because her brother and his friends deserted her.
(d) Yoshiko feels hungry.
2. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(b) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(c) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(d) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
3. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(b) H never has enough money to see a film.
(c) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(d) H isn't interested in watching movies.
4. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(b) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
(c) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(d) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
5. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
(a) Toshiko reads the passengers a passage from the bible.
(b) Toshiko brings coffee and biscuits to those waiting on the bus.
(c) Toshiko offers the female passengers a change of clothing.
(d) Toshiko invites them into her home until a new bus arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
2. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
3. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
4. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
5. What happens on H's birthday?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)