|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) H and his family will move to the country.
(b) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
(c) The number of fires will increase.
(d) Morio will protest in the streets.
2. Why is the English language banned?
(a) Englishmen are traders.
(b) It violates the spirit of the time.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) English is difficult to read.
3. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(b) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(c) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(d) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(b) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys are all safe.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H do to Girly Boy at the bathhouse?
2. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
3. What does the Gokoku Shrine contain?
4. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)