|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(c) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(d) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
2. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
(a) Toshiko approves because Donchan is from a strict Christian family.
(b) Toshiko approves because Donchan enjoys reading and speaks politely.
(c) Toshiko approves because Donchan keeps H out of trouble.
(d) Toshiko approves because she is best friends with Donchan's mother.
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(b) Morio never took the physical exam.
(c) Morio has webbed feet.
(d) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
4. Why does H lurk outside the movie theater instead of going inside?
(a) H doesn't want to run into Girly Boy.
(b) H's mother told him never to go into the theater.
(c) H isn't interested in watching movies.
(d) H never has enough money to see a film.
5. What will happen if more bombs are dropped?
(a) The number of fires will increase.
(b) H and his family will move to the country.
(c) Morio will protest in the streets.
(d) The newspapers will finally tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
2. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
4. What puzzles H about his teacher?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)