|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
(b) Morio has webbed feet.
(c) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(d) Morio never took the physical exam.
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(b) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(c) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(d) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
3. Why does H return to the gas station after reporting what he saw?
(a) H needs to show the police where the body is.
(b) H needs to retrieve his bag that he dropped after discovering the body.
(c) H is worried that someone will find Girly Boy and do harm to his body.
(d) H doesn't want Girly Boy to be left alone.
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(b) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(c) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
(d) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
5. Why is the English language banned?
(a) English is difficult to read.
(b) Englishmen are traders.
(c) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(d) It violates the spirit of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
2. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
4. According to Morio, who caused the flood?
5. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)