|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
(a) Association members stop by to check on her and bring sweet buns and candies.
(b) Toshiko spends three weeks in hospital.
(c) Morio quits his job at the fire station to look after her.
(d) H must take over at the air raid drills.
2. Why does H get angry at the newspapers?
(a) The newspapers publish a story falsely incriminating one of Moiro's friends.
(b) The newspapers do not report the fatality in the bombing raid.
(c) The newspapers lie and say that America is on the brink of surrendering.
(d) The newspapers ignore the hardwork of Kobe's women.
3. Why does Toshiko want her children to learn how to use silverware?
(a) All of Toshiko's friends use silverware, and she wants to fit in.
(b) Toshiko does not want her children to feel awkward when using cutlery.
(c) Silverware is easier to wash.
(d) Silverware is more hygienic.
4. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(b) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
(c) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(d) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
5. What happens on H's birthday?
(a) Morio is called up to work in a factory.
(b) Toshiko is investigated because of her religious beliefs.
(c) H takes a tour of the fire station.
(d) A pastor is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
2. What does Toshiko do for the stranded bus passengers during the flood?
3. Why does H want to go to a doctor instead of a bone setter?
4. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
5. Why does Toshiko approve of Donchan and H's friendship?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)