|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yoshiko take the broken fork?
(a) Yoshiko wants to impress her mother by doing something nice.
(b) Yoshiko secretly uses chopsticks, so it doesn't matter to her what fork she is given.
(c) Yoshiko thinks H should not have to use a broken fork.
(d) Yoshiko is scared of her brother.
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The war with China.
(b) Lack of athletes.
(c) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(d) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
3. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(c) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
(d) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
4. What happens on H's birthday?
(a) A pastor is arrested.
(b) H takes a tour of the fire station.
(c) Morio is called up to work in a factory.
(d) Toshiko is investigated because of her religious beliefs.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
2. How does Yoshiko feel when her brother finds her with the middle-aged woman?
3. Why does Morio want to become a fireman?
4. What happens when Toshiko injures her back during an air raid drill?
5. Why is the English language banned?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)