|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kaneda leave?
(a) Kaneda is homesick and decides to return to Korea.
(b) Kaneda is tired of being called a "Chosen" by everyone.
(c) Kaneda misunderstands Toshiko's intentions.
(d) Toshiko won't stop badgering Kaneda into accepting the "love of Christ."
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) Lack of athletes.
(b) The war with China.
(c) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(d) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
3. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(c) The boys are all safe.
(d) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
4. At the firing range, why are many of the shooters' bullets missing the target?
(a) The shooters are taking too long to aim.
(b) The shooters are blind.
(c) The shooters are inexperienced.
(d) The target is too far away.
5. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
(a) Mr. Hisakado.
(c) Mr. Tamori.
(d) Tan Wantanabe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
2. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
3. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
4. Why is the English language banned?
5. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)