|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
2. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The war with China.
(b) Lack of athletes.
(c) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(d) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
3. What is forbidden on the train?
(a) Talking to others.
(c) Bringing your own food on the train.
(d) Looking out the window at the scenery.
4. How does H find himself under the line of fire at the firing range?
(a) H is confused where to stand as it is his first time at the firing range.
(b) The shooters can not see him in his camouflage gear.
(c) H is not looking where he is going.
(d) H and his friends take a short cut and go the wrong way.
5. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(c) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(d) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayashi warn H not to do?
2. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
3. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
4. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
5. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)