|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
(a) Morio stole some rationed goods.
(b) Morio refused to purchase a gas mask.
(c) Morio is caught spying from the roof of the fire station.
(d) Morio did business with American and British people prior to the war.
2. What does H decide to start a business doing?
(a) Decorating the "flower cars" with his drawings in exchange for free rides.
(b) Stealing matches and selling them to his friends.
(c) Exchanging pictures of "flower cars" with whatever he can get.
(d) Drawing portraits of people at the anniversary celebration.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
4. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
(c) White doves.
(d) White butterflies.
5. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
(a) H must read the Bible for an hour as soon as he returns from school.
(b) H must go home directly from school before going to the beach.
(c) H must finish his milk before he can go out and play.
(d) H must join his mother at Church every morning for prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
2. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
4. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
5. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)