|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
(a) To join Yoshiko in Hiroshima.
(b) To Tokyo.
(c) To Korea to stay with Kaneda.
(d) To the school.
2. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
(a) To see an exhibition.
(b) To visit their grandparents.
(c) To visit their cousin.
(d) To witness a religious event.
3. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(b) Lack of athletes.
(c) The war with China.
(d) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
4. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
(b) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(c) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(d) The boys are all safe.
5. Why is the English language banned?
(a) English is difficult to read.
(b) Englishmen are traders.
(c) It violates the spirit of the time.
(d) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firing range, why are many of the shooters' bullets missing the target?
2. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
3. How does H find himself under the line of fire at the firing range?
4. What happens with H's first shot?
5. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)