|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the English language banned?
(a) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(b) It violates the spirit of the time.
(c) Englishmen are traders.
(d) English is difficult to read.
2. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
3. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The train's engine.
(c) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
(d) The foreigners at the train stop.
4. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(b) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(c) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(d) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
5. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
(a) Prime Minister Tojo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
3. What is the rumor going around H's school?
4. What happens with H's first shot?
5. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)