|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are expensive.
(b) Gas masks are heavy.
(c) Gas masks are unattractive.
(d) Gas masks are poorly made.
2. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
(a) To see an exhibition.
(b) To visit their cousin.
(c) To visit their grandparents.
(d) To witness a religious event.
3. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
(a) Morio has webbed feet.
(b) Morio is too old and has bad eyesight.
(c) Morio never took the physical exam.
(d) Morio is too small and barely passed the physical exam.
4. How does H feel about living at the Church?
(a) H feels at home.
(b) H feels lucky.
(c) H feels inspired.
(d) H feels uneasy and uncomfortable.
5. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) The war is over.
(b) The American military is planning an invasion.
(c) H's English teacher is a spy.
(d) H's family are spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Toshiko and H go when they move out of the Church?
2. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
3. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
4. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
5. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)