|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stopping Japan from scheduling the Olympics at the same time as the anniversary celebration?
(a) The public are not in the mood for competition with other countries.
(b) The anniversary celebration is proving to be expensive.
(c) Lack of athletes.
(d) The war with China.
2. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
(c) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(d) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
3. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
(b) Prime Minister Tojo.
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
(b) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
5. What does H believe he sees circling above the ruins of his home?
(b) White doves.
(c) White butterflies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
2. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
3. How does H find himself under the line of fire at the firing range?
4. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
5. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)