|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is forbidden on the train?
(b) Talking to others.
(c) Looking out the window at the scenery.
(d) Bringing your own food on the train.
2. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
(a) Shige-san has a bad leg and his body tilts to one side when he walks.
(b) Shige-san is known to be a lazy and irresponsible worker.
(c) Shige-san acts inappropriately towards Toshiko when Moiro is not around.
(d) Shige-san is very poor at math, and is unable to perform the simplist calculations.
3. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are expensive.
(b) Gas masks are unattractive.
(c) Gas masks are poorly made.
(d) Gas masks are heavy.
4. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
(b) The train's engine.
(c) The foreigners at the train stop.
(d) The conductor.
5. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
2. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
3. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
4. What is the rumor going around H's school?
5. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)