|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
(a) To serve one's family.
(b) To serve one's own ambitions.
(c) To serve one's country.
(d) To serve God.
2. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) H's English teacher is a spy.
(b) The American military is planning an invasion.
(c) H's family are spies.
(d) The war is over.
3. What does H think of Mr. Chin?
(a) H dislikes Mr. Chin because his restaurant serves strange food.
(b) H respects Mr. Chin and does not think of him as a "chink."
(c) H thinks he is an enemy of Japan.
(d) H likes Mr. Chin because he gives H free fortune cookies.
4. What happens with H's first shot?
(a) H hits the bulls-eye.
(b) H completely misses the target and becomes embarrassed.
(c) H's gun misfires.
(d) H hits another shooter.
5. What is forbidden on the train?
(a) Talking to others.
(b) Bringing your own food on the train.
(c) Looking out the window at the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
2. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
3. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
4. Why does Kaneda leave?
5. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)