|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are H and Yoshiko going on a train?
(a) To visit their grandparents.
(b) To see an exhibition.
(c) To witness a religious event.
(d) To visit their cousin.
2. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are unattractive.
(b) Gas masks are poorly made.
(c) Gas masks are expensive.
(d) Gas masks are heavy.
3. Why is the English language banned?
(a) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(b) English is difficult to read.
(c) It violates the spirit of the time.
(d) Englishmen are traders.
4. What is the rumor going around H's school?
(a) H's family are spies.
(b) The war is over.
(c) H's English teacher is a spy.
(d) The American military is planning an invasion.
5. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
(a) The city hall.
(b) The school.
(c) The shrine.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with H's first shot?
2. What rule of his mothers is H embarrassed about?
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
5. What does H decide to start a business doing?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)