|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H draw sketches of during a stop?
(a) The foreigners at the train stop.
(b) The train's engine.
(c) The conductor.
(d) Yoshiko standing next to the train.
2. What does Tan Wantanabe teach?
(a) English grammar.
(b) Physical Education.
3. Why does Toshiko not want to buy the gas masks?
(a) Gas masks are unattractive.
(b) Gas masks are poorly made.
(c) Gas masks are expensive.
(d) Gas masks are heavy.
4. Why is the English language banned?
(a) To promote the proper usage of Japanese in schools.
(b) English is difficult to read.
(c) Englishmen are traders.
(d) It violates the spirit of the time.
5. Why do the police take Morio in for questioning?
(a) Morio is caught spying from the roof of the fire station.
(b) Morio did business with American and British people prior to the war.
(c) Morio stole some rationed goods.
(d) Morio refused to purchase a gas mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
2. At the firing range, why are many of the shooters' bullets missing the target?
3. What is the rumor going around H's school?
4. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
5. Why does Toshiko think that Shige-san is not qualified for the apprenticeship?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)