|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Suzuki happy when he reaches the boys in the boat?
(a) Mr. Suzuki's boat is not ruined.
(b) The boys are all safe.
(c) The boys caught seven fish for dinner.
(d) The boys have impressed Mr. Suzuki with their boating skills.
2. How does H find himself under the line of fire at the firing range?
(a) H is confused where to stand as it is his first time at the firing range.
(b) H and his friends take a short cut and go the wrong way.
(c) The shooters can not see him in his camouflage gear.
(d) H is not looking where he is going.
3. What rationed item is H annoyed by?
4. What does Morio use to replace the sewing machine's belt?
(a) A rubber band.
(c) A leather belt.
(d) An old bicycle tire.
5. How does H deal with all the new censorship and laws?
(a) H decides to give up sketching anything but sumo wrestlers.
(b) H decides to learn a new skill to help his country.
(c) H disobeys any new law that is made.
(d) H spys on the military and sells the information to his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fond of giving "ear twists" to his students?
2. According to Toshiko, why will Moiro most likely not receive his call-up papers?
3. Where is everyone from the neighborhood staying?
4. What does Sumiyama believe is the profound wish of every Japanese man?
5. Who is rescued by a German military unit?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)