|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is zosui?
(a) H's favorite dessert.
(b) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
(c) A Japanese spy.
(d) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
2. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Swimming in the river.
(b) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(c) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(d) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
3. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(b) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
(c) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(d) Spy on the Japanese military.
4. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(b) Learning about foreign cultures.
(c) Talking about America or Britain.
(d) Singing German music.
5. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) September 24th.
(c) H's birthday.
(d) March 18th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are octopus pots also known as?
2. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
5. What happens on December 8th?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)