|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
(b) Spy on the Japanese military.
(c) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(d) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
2. What is zosui?
(a) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
(b) A Japanese spy.
(c) H's favorite dessert.
(d) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
3. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(a) All Kobe citizens.
(b) Civil servants.
(d) Military police.
4. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(b) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(c) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(d) Swimming in the river.
5. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Japan defeats China.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(d) Germany attacks Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
2. What happens on December 8th?
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
4. What two sports are banned?
5. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)