|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(d) All capable men should enlist immediately.
2. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Spy on the Japanese military.
(b) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(c) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(d) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(d) Shige has been called up to the army.
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) The vice-principal.
(b) Uncle Hadano.
(d) Mr. Tamori.
5. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(b) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
2. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
3. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
4. What are octopus pots also known as?
5. What is zosui?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)