|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It might happen.
(b) It has already started.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It will never happen.
2. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(d) All capable men should enlist immediately.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(b) Shige has been called up to the army.
(c) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(d) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
4. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) March 18th.
(b) September 24th.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) H's birthday.
5. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Japan defeats China.
(d) Germany attacks Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
2. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
3. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
4. Where does Ishizuka live?
5. What is zosui?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)