|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It has already started.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It might happen.
(d) It is inevitable.
2. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(a) All Kobe citizens.
(c) Civil servants.
(d) Military police.
3. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) Mr. Tamori.
(b) The vice-principal.
(c) Uncle Hadano.
4. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(d) Shige has been called up to the army.
5. What are octopus pots also known as?
(b) Squid puddles.
(c) Chamber pots.
(d) Fish bowls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
2. What transportation do the American troops use?
3. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
4. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
5. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)