|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two sports are banned?
(a) Soccer and Karate.
(b) Badminton and Swimming.
(c) Basketball and Squash.
(d) Tennis and baseball.
2. What transportation do the American troops use?
(a) They are on foot.
(b) Jeeps and covered trucks.
3. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(b) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(c) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(d) All capable men should enlist immediately.
4. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
(a) H's mother.
(b) An angry Instructor Tamori.
(c) A hail storm.
(d) An air raid alert.
5. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Learning about foreign cultures.
(b) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(c) Singing German music.
(d) Talking about America or Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
2. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
3. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
4. What is zosui?
5. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)