|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(b) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(c) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(d) Swimming in the river.
2. What are octopus pots also known as?
(b) Chamber pots.
(c) Squid puddles.
(d) Fish bowls.
3. Where does Ishizuka live?
(a) Above a bookstore.
(b) Behind the school.
(c) Next door.
(d) In a dorm.
4. What transportation do the American troops use?
(b) They are on foot.
(d) Jeeps and covered trucks.
5. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(b) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(c) Spy on the Japanese military.
(d) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
2. What two sports are banned?
3. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
4. What happens on December 8th?
5. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)