|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(d) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
2. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
(a) It has already started.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) It might happen.
(d) It is inevitable.
3. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks Japan.
(d) Japan defeats China.
4. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Spy on the Japanese military.
(b) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(c) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
(d) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
5. What are octopus pots also known as?
(a) Chamber pots.
(c) Squid puddles.
(d) Fish bowls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two sports are banned?
2. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
3. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
4. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
5. What happens on December 8th?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)