|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(b) Mr. Tamori.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) Uncle Hadano.
2. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
(a) An air raid alert.
(b) An angry Instructor Tamori.
(c) H's mother.
(d) A hail storm.
3. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
(a) Students are too busy rebuilding Kobe.
(b) To avoid suspicion of military training.
(c) There is no money for club activities.
(d) The Americans have banned all gatherings.
4. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(b) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(c) Spy on the Japanese military.
(d) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
5. What is zosui?
(a) A Japanese spy.
(b) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
(c) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
(d) H's favorite dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are octopus pots also known as?
2. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
3. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
4. What transportation do the American troops use?
5. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)