|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) America attacks Japan.
(b) Japan defeats China.
(c) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(d) Germany attacks Japan.
2. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
(a) To avoid suspicion of military training.
(b) There is no money for club activities.
(c) Students are too busy rebuilding Kobe.
(d) The Americans have banned all gatherings.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige has been called up to the army.
(b) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(c) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(d) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
4. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(b) Spy on the Japanese military.
(c) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(d) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
5. What two sports are banned?
(a) Soccer and Karate.
(b) Tennis and baseball.
(c) Basketball and Squash.
(d) Badminton and Swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
2. Where does Ishizuka live?
3. What is zosui?
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
5. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)