|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
(a) There is no money for club activities.
(b) To avoid suspicion of military training.
(c) The Americans have banned all gatherings.
(d) Students are too busy rebuilding Kobe.
2. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(c) Shige has been called up to the army.
(d) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
3. What is zosui?
(a) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
(b) H's favorite dessert.
(c) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
(d) A Japanese spy.
4. What are octopus pots also known as?
(a) Fish bowls.
(b) Squid puddles.
(c) Chamber pots.
5. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
(a) Wearing clothes that is not made out of khaki.
(b) Talking about America or Britain.
(c) Learning about foreign cultures.
(d) Singing German music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ishizuka live?
2. What happens on December 8th?
3. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
4. What two sports are banned?
5. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)