|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Japan defeats China.
(b) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(c) Germany attacks Japan.
(d) America attacks Japan.
2. Where does Ishizuka live?
(a) Above a bookstore.
(b) Behind the school.
(c) In a dorm.
(d) Next door.
3. What is zosui?
(a) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
(b) A Japanese spy.
(c) H's favorite dessert.
(d) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
4. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(d) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
5. What transportation do the American troops use?
(a) They are on foot.
(b) Jeeps and covered trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
2. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
3. What two sports are banned?
4. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
5. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)