|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) H's birthday.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) September 24th.
(d) March 18th.
2. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(b) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(c) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(d) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
3. Where does Ishizuka live?
(a) Behind the school.
(b) Next door.
(c) Above a bookstore.
(d) In a dorm.
4. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Swimming in the river.
(b) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(c) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(d) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
5. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(d) Shige has been called up to the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is zosui?
2. What transportation do the American troops use?
3. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
4. What happens on December 8th?
5. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)