|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) Uncle Hadano.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) Mr. Tamori.
2. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
(d) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige has been called up to the army.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(d) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
4. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
(a) Refuse to wear the National Dress.
(b) Steal food rations from her neigbors.
(c) Have an affair while Tamori was away.
(d) Spy on the Japanese military.
5. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(b) Civil servants.
(c) Military police.
(d) All Kobe citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
2. What two sports are banned?
3. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
4. Where does Ishizuka live?
5. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)