|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Japan defeats China.
(d) Germany attacks Japan.
2. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) September 24th.
(c) H's birthday.
(d) March 18th.
3. What happens on December 8th?
(a) Japan and America sign a peace treaty.
(b) America attacks Kobe.
(c) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(d) America attacks Hiroshima.
4. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige has been called up to the army.
(b) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(c) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(d) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
5. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
(b) Military police.
(c) Civil servants.
(d) All Kobe citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
2. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
3. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
4. What is considered "un-Japanese" at school?
5. What are octopus pots also known as?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)