|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) March 18th.
(c) September 24th.
(d) H's birthday.
2. What is zosui?
(a) A kind of porridge of rice and vegetables.
(b) The name of the non-aggression pact between Germany and Japan.
(c) H's favorite dessert.
(d) A Japanese spy.
3. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks Japan.
(d) Japan defeats China.
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) Uncle Hadano.
(b) Mr. Tamori.
(d) The vice-principal.
5. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
(a) To avoid suspicion of military training.
(b) Students are too busy rebuilding Kobe.
(c) There is no money for club activities.
(d) The Americans have banned all gatherings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are octopus pots also known as?
2. What two sports are banned?
3. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
4. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
5. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)