|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Germany attacks Japan.
(b) Japan defeats China.
(c) America attacks Japan.
(d) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
2. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
(a) H's mother.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) An angry Instructor Tamori.
(d) An air raid alert.
3. Why is Morio's apprentice, Shige, crying when H returns home from school one day?
(a) Shige pricked his fingers with a sewing needle.
(b) Morio yelled at Shige for measuring a garment incorrectly.
(c) Morio has decided to let Shige go.
(d) Shige has been called up to the army.
4. Who transforms himself into a nice middle-aged gentleman in a suit?
(a) The vice-principal.
(c) Mr. Tamori.
(d) Uncle Hadano.
5. Where does Ishizuka live?
(a) Next door.
(b) In a dorm.
(c) Above a bookstore.
(d) Behind the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does public opinion think of the possibility of war with America?
2. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
3. Who is assigned to clean up the city's bombsites?
4. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
5. What two sports are banned?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)