|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on H's eleventh birthday?
(a) Japan defeats China.
(b) America attacks Japan.
(c) Germany attacks the Soviet Union.
(d) Germany attacks Japan.
2. When are the occupational forces scheduled to arrive in Kobe?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) September 24th.
(c) H's birthday.
(d) March 18th.
3. What is the main focus of Tojo's tract?
(a) All capable men should enlist immediately.
(b) Japanese men are eager to join the army.
(c) A soldier's duty is more important than personal survival.
(d) A soldier's duty is not as important as personal survival.
4. What two sports are banned?
(a) Badminton and Swimming.
(b) Tennis and baseball.
(c) Basketball and Squash.
(d) Soccer and Karate.
5. What does the principal tell the students to avoid?
(a) The burned-out ruins of buildings.
(b) Making eye contact with American soldiers.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) Actions that may be considered rude or defiant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What transportation do the American troops use?
2. What are octopus pots also known as?
3. What wakes H and his friends up from their slumber?
4. Why are the clubs being disbanded?
5. What did Tamori's wife supposedly do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)