Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) A meeting place for the secret police.
(b) An upscale business.
(c) A run of the mill tailor shop.
(d) A local hangout.
2. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) The library.
(b) The bathhouse.
(c) For a walk.
(d) The neighbor's house.
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is a religious record.
(c) It is a special edition.
(d) It is made in America.
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(b) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
(c) H dislikes all forms of music.
(d) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
5. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Practice the tambourine.
(b) Sing her favorite hymn.
(c) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(d) Read from the Bible.
This section contains 5,367 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)