1. What does H's father describe his shop as?
(a) An upscale business.
(b) A local hangout.
(c) A meeting place for the secret police.
(d) A run of the mill tailor shop.
2. Where does H tell his parents he is going when he visits Noodles?
(a) For a walk.
(b) The library.
(c) The neighbor's house.
(d) The bathhouse.
3. What does a record with a red label indicate?
(a) It is made in China.
(b) It is made in America.
(c) It is a special edition.
(d) It is a religious record.
4. Why does H run away when he hears tambourines and drums approaching?
(a) H dislikes all forms of music.
(b) H fears that the tambourine and drum players will ask him to join in.
(c) It means that Christian street preachers are coming.
(d) H wants to avoid his mother at all costs.
5. What does H's mother make him do everyday before going to school?
(a) Sing her favorite hymn.
(b) Do the dishes and make his bed.
(c) Read from the Bible.
(d) Practice the tambourine.
This section contains 5,367 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)