Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• H and his family are introduced.
• H befriends a local delivery boy named Noodles.
• Signs of war are evident when H hears a military secret.
• Noodles is taken away by police.
• H is embarassed by Toshiko's religious ways.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• H visits the movie theater and sees his friend Girly Boy.
• Girly Boy gets his call-up papers, but does not join his unit.
• H finds Girly Boy's body in the gas station restroom.
• Yoshiko shows her love for H by using his broken fork.
• Yoshiko gets lost during a game of hide and seek.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• H is offered an apprenticeship at the amusement park.
• H trades candies for Oyatsu with his friends.
• H goes to see the kambishi man.
• H is embarrassed by his bed wetting problem.
• H and his mother visit the doctor many times. They visit a noodle restaurant after every visit.
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)