Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* H and his family are introduced.
* H befriends a local delivery boy named Noodles.
* Signs of war are evident when H hears a military secret.
* Noodles is taken away by police.
* H is embarassed by Toshiko's religious ways.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* H visits the movie theater and sees his friend Girly Boy.
* Girly Boy gets his call-up papers, but does not join his unit.
* H finds Girly Boy's body in the gas station restroom.
* Yoshiko shows her love for H by using his broken fork.
* Yoshiko gets lost during a game of hide and seek.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
* H is offered an apprenticeship at the amusement park.
* H trades candies for Oyatsu with his friends.
* H goes to see the kambishi man.
* H is embarrassed by his bed wetting problem.
* H and his mother visit the doctor many times. They visit a noodle restaurant after every visit.
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)