Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 Abstract
* H and his family are introduced.
* H befriends a local delivery boy named Noodles.
* Signs of war are evident when H hears a military secret.
* Noodles is taken away by police.
* H is embarassed by Toshiko's religious ways.
Chapter 3 |...
This section contains 1,526 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)