|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the Love In Action brochure contain?
(a) A photo of Conley's father.
(b) Testimonies from participants.
(c) A photo of John Smid.
(d) A photo of a family of dogs.
2. What does Conley admit to himself of being afraid of?
(a) Losing his mother.
(b) Losing Chloe.
(c) Losing the friendship of Charles and Dominique.
(d) Losing Caleb's love.
3. What does Conley's mother force him to eat on the way to Love In Action therapy?
(a) Pancakes and real maple syrup.
(b) A banana and peanut butter.
(c) An Egg McMuffin.
(d) Waffles with whipped cream.
4. Why does Conley's mother make an appointment with Dr. Julie?
(a) To test Conley's testosterone levels.
(b) To make him gain weight.
(c) To test for cancer.
(d) To treat his pneumonia.
5. What are the two scenarios in Cosby's activity that Conley considers a "choose your own adventure story"?
(a) You are asked to meet a man for sexual services, and you are asked to meet a friend at the beach.
(b) You are asked to marry a man, and you are asked to marry a woman.
(c) You are asked to pose for a nude photograph, and you are asked to reveal a fellow student's homosexuality.
(d) You are asked to cheat on an exam, and you are asked to write another student's term paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conley's mother fear when her son leaves Love In Action?
2. How does Conley feel about J by Part II of the book?
3. What does Conley think to himself when he is pumping gasoline?
4. Where did Conley work when he was very young?
5. To what does author Barbara Johnson liken homosexuality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrives in the mail to Conley's home in the beginning of Part II?
2. Why do Conley and his mother go to the Peabody Hotel?
3. What does Conley's father do to Conley when Conley was born?
4. What film does Conley go to see with his friends from college?
5. What is the subject of Caleb's abstract painting?
6. On what pretext does Conley's mother bring him to the doctor's office?
7. Who is the boy with whom Conley admits to having fooled around during junior high?
8. What unusual creatures do Conley and his mother see in the lobby of the hotel?
9. What event do Conley and his mother attend on Saturday, June 12, 2004?
10. Who was the first boy that Conley kissed?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)