|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a culture was found in the South?
2. What happened to disrupt social capital in the inner city of Indianapolis, Indiana, in the 1960s?
(b) Slum revitalization laws.
(c) Interstate 65.
(d) Rise of gangs.
3. If someone belonged to no groups, but decided to join one, how much would he cut his risk of dying over the next year?
4. In 1998, what percent of adults had children at home?
5. Which state had the least number of murders?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) North Dakota.
6. In what state was tax evasion the highest?
7. When were Americans born who were the most engaged or tolerant?
8. Who sang, "get by with a little help from our friends"?
(a) Rolling Stones.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Chuck Berry.
9. What is the nickname for the state of North Carolina?
(a) Yellowhammer State.
(b) Tar Heel State.
(c) The Peach State.
(d) The Old Dominion State.
10. When was funding decimated for extracurricular activities?
(a) 1960s and 1970s.
(b) 1980s and 1990s.
(c) 1950s and 1960s.
(d) 1970s and 1980s.
11. Until 1870, how many inventions had been recognized by the U.S. Patent Office?
12. What was North Carolina's rank in the nation in terms of SAT scores, achievement tests, and dropout rates?
13. How long had studies been conducted that showed that small schools tended to outperform large schools?
14. At one time, whom did they want to rename the LAX airport after?
(a) Clint Eastwood.
(b) James Cagney.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Bing Crosby.
15. Which state had the highest rate of murders?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Figure 59, what percent of Americans spent their evenings watching TV?
2. In 1956, what percent of white Americans believed that whites and blacks should attend separate schools?
3. When did Mark Granovetter document the fact that casual acquaintances can be more important assets than close friends and family when looking for a job?
4. What small, Italian American community had been studied for nearly 40 years beginning in the 1950s?
5. During what time period was the Gilded Age?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)