|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After 1870, how many more patents were generated than in previous years?
(a) 10 times.
(b) 15 times.
(c) 20 times.
(d) 5 times.
2. When was funding decimated for extracurricular activities?
(a) 1970s and 1980s.
(b) 1960s and 1970s.
(c) 1980s and 1990s.
(d) 1950s and 1960s.
3. Of the Korean business owners who used debt to start a business, how many borrowed money from family?
(a) 27 percent.
(b) 41 percent.
(c) 32 percent.
(d) 59 percent.
4. When was Charles Tilly born?
5. In 1998, what percent of adults had children at home?
6. What Nobel Prize winning economist believed that every commercial transaction carried with it an element of trust?
(a) Milton Friedman.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) Thomas Robert Malthus.
(d) Kenneth Arrow.
7. Where was a study done that indicated that each employed person in one's social network increased one's annual income by $1,400?
(b) San Francisco.
8. In 1959, how many American homes had television?
(a) 85 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 80 percent.
9. When did Bill Clinton become president?
10. Who said, "The trouble with socialism is that it would take too many evenings"?
(a) Honore de Balzac.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Harry Cohen.
(d) Albert Camus.
11. In what country did Putnam and several colleagues investigate regional government?
12. At what percent was social trust in Mississippi?
13. How long did it take the telephone to reach 75 percent of American households?
(a) 74 years.
(b) 53 years.
(c) 67 years.
(d) 41 years.
14. What small, Italian American community had been studied for nearly 40 years beginning in the 1950s?
(a) Milano, Pennsylvania.
(b) Coventry, Rhode Island.
(c) Roseto, Pennsylvania.
(d) Rome Point, Rhode Island.
15. In what state was tax evasion the highest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "It is a medium of entertainment that permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome."
2. What type of a culture was found in the South?
3. How many Korean business owners used debt financing to start their enterprises?
4. In Figure 59, what percent of Americans spent their evenings watching TV?
5. Until 1870, how many inventions had been recognized by the U.S. Patent Office?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)