|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more hours did married couples average in a work week in 1998 than they did in 1969?
2. By how much did Greenpeace's membership drop when they stopped using direct-mail solicitation?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 85 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
3. In 1960, how many American adults graduated from high school?
(a) 39 percent.
(b) 56 percent.
(c) 41 percent.
(d) 23 percent.
4. In the 1940s, how likely was it that a deck of playing cards would be found in American homes?
(a) 61 percent.
(b) 79 percent.
(c) 93 percent.
(d) 87 percent.
5. By 1992, how many work places had "quality circles"?
(a) 56 percent.
(b) 67 percent.
(c) 41 percent.
(d) 39 percent.
6. In the last two decades of the twentieth century, by what fraction did unlisted phone numbers grow?
(a) By 1/4.
(b) By 1/3.
(c) By 1/2.
(d) By 2/3.
7. In 1985, of the 205 national citizens groups in existence, how many had chapters to which individual members belonged and paid dues?
(a) Less than 1/2.
(b) Less than 1/3.
(c) Less than 3/4.
(d) Less than 1/4.
8. In what state did the Three Mile Island nuclear accident occur?
(c) New York.
9. When was the PTA founded?
10. How many of AARP's members belonged to local chapters?
(a) Less than 10 percent.
(b) Less than 15 percent.
(c) Less than 5 percent.
(d) Less than 20 percent.
11. Out of every dollar spent for leisure in 1929, how many cents went to club and fraternal dues?
12. During what period of time had the character of Americans' involvement with politics and government been transformed?
(c) Last 3 decades of the twentieth century.
(d) Last 2 decades of the twentieth century.
13. How many units of blood per one thousand adults was donated in 1997?
14. What percent of individuals did Jeremy Toole believed received their social connections from the workplace?
(a) 70 percent.
(b) 80 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 60 percent.
15. Where were groups of working-class housewives most likely to play cards frequently?
(a) West coast.
(b) East coast.
(d) Great Plains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more long distance calls to family and friends would women make than men?
2. When was the last year of the baby boom generation?
3. Between the 1970s and 1990s, by what percent did church attendance fall among people under sixty?
4. Who rode the "antiparty bandwagon" to national prominence in 1992?
5. Who wrote in 1959 that "the ratio of political activists to the general population, and even the ratio of male activists to the male population, has generally increased over the past fifty years"?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)