|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Chapter 20, Health and Happiness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did party finances skyrocket?
(a) 1980s and 1990s.
(b) 1960s and 1970s.
(c) 1940s and 1950s.
(d) 1970s and 1980s.
2. In what state did the KKK want to "adopt a highway"?
3. Where was the bridge club located that Putnam mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Glenn Valley, Pennsylvania.
(b) Hastings, Michigan.
(c) Thornton, Colorado.
(d) Marshalltown, Iowa.
4. When did divorce rates accelerate?
(a) 1970s to mid-1980s.
(c) 1960s to mid-1970s.
5. In the late twentieth century, how many workers belonged to unions?
(a) 11.8 percent.
(b) 14.1 percent.
(c) 21.9 percent.
(d) 39.2 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what percent of corporate executives said that they encourage their employees to become involved in community service?
2. What city launched a path-breaking education reform in the late 1980s that had parent participation as a cornerstone?
3. For men in the years between 1965 and 1995, how much more time did they have for leisure activities per week?
4. Between 1965 and 1995, how much of a time gain did John Robinson and Geoffrey Godbey report per week for women?
5. When was "The Death and Life of Great American Cities" written?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)