|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Chapter 16, Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what pastoral state did attendance at town meetings fall by nearly half between the early 1970s and the late 1990s?
2. Where was a close-knit Jewish neighborhood that celebrated Purim by visits and bringing gifts of fruit and pastries?
(b) Rhode Island.
3. When did the membership of community involvement groups plateau?
4. By what year did some estimate that 35 million Americans played bridge?
5. How many of AARP's members belonged to local chapters?
(a) Less than 5 percent.
(b) Less than 20 percent.
(c) Less than 10 percent.
(d) Less than 15 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members belonged to the American Medical Association in 1995?
2. From what language do the terms "macher" and "schmoozer" come from?
3. How many more hours did married couples average in a work week in 1998 than they did in 1969?
4. Between 1976 and 1997, what was the drop in families with children between eight to seventeen who vacationed together?
5. In 1997, what percent of college freshmen indicated no religious preference?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)