|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 11, Pressures of Time and Money.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1998, how many American adults graduated from high school?
(a) 93 percent.
(b) 79 percent.
(c) 82 percent.
(d) 67 percent.
2. Where was the bridge club located that Putnam mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Hastings, Michigan.
(b) Thornton, Colorado.
(c) Marshalltown, Iowa.
(d) Glenn Valley, Pennsylvania.
3. By 1999, what was the average age of those who were members of the American Contract Bridge League?
4. What ages of women in the 1980s and 1990s felt the most harried?
5. When comparing voting records, how many years had it been since voter turnout was as bad as it was in 1996?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was spent on Presidential election campaigns in 1965?
2. Between 1986-86 and 1998-99, how much of a decline was there in the number of average Americans who made new friends?
3. In surveys, how many Americans said that they believed in immortality?
4. How many units of blood per one thousand adults was donated in 1997?
5. For how long did the Jim Crow laws depress voting rates?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)