|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Chapter 9, Against the Tide? Small Groups, Social Movements, and the Net.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what states did Philip Hammond survey churchgoers?
(a) Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.
(b) North Carolina, Massachusetts, Ohio, and California.
(c) Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, FLorida.
(d) Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada.
2. In the 1940s, how likely was it that a deck of playing cards would be found in American homes?
(a) 93 percent.
(b) 61 percent.
(c) 79 percent.
(d) 87 percent.
3. In what state did the Three Mile Island nuclear accident occur?
(d) New York.
4. Who said "80 percent of life is simply showing up"?
(a) Bob Hope.
(b) Bill Cosby.
(c) Woody Allen.
(d) Sid Caesar.
5. By the 1990s, what percent of Americans identified themselves as having "no religion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the PTA founded?
2. How many members did the bridge club in Chapter 1 have in 1990?
3. Where in America has there been the most religious disengagement?
4. Between 1970 and 1998, by how much did the number of full-service restaurants per one hundred thousand population fall?
5. How many more long distance calls to family and friends would women make than men?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)