|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Chapter 6, Informal Social Connections.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what percent did union membership rates decline between 1953 and 1997 in the mining industry?
2. Between the 1970s and 1990s, by what percent did church attendance fall among people under sixty?
3. Sociologist Wade Clark Roof estimated that 2/3 of all boomers reared in religious traditions dropped out. How many returned to religion?
(a) Less than 1/3.
(b) Less than 1/2.
(c) Less than 1/5.
(d) Less than 1/4.
4. During what period of time had the character of Americans' involvement with politics and government been transformed?
(a) Last 2 decades of the twentieth century.
(b) Last 3 decades of the twentieth century.
5. By the end of the twentieth century, how many Americans were in the labor force?
(a) 73 percent.
(b) 67 percent.
(c) 58 percent.
(d) 49 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1996, how many Americans voted in the election between Clinton, Dole, and Perot?
2. What publication ran an article about the challenge of free time and Americans in 1964?
3. By 1992, how many work places had "quality circles"?
4. When was the PTA founded?
5. When do most scholars agree that church membership was most likely at an all-time high?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)