|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Chapter 4, Religious Participation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1997, what percent of college freshmen indicated no religious preference?
2. How many organizations did Putnam find listed in the "World Alamanc"?
3. In 1966, what percent of Americans rejected the view that "the people running the country don't really care what happens to you"?
4. In 1960, how many voting-age Americans went to the polls to choose between Kennedy and Nixon?
(a) 62.8 percent.
(b) 72.6 percent.
(c) 59.1 percent.
(d) 48.3 percent.
5. In 1996, how many Americans voted in the election between Clinton, Dole, and Perot?
(a) 51.3 percent.
(b) 48.9 percent.
(c) 36.9 percent.
(d) 23.8 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. By how much did Greenpeace's membership drop when they stopped using direct-mail solicitation?
2. For how long did the Jim Crow laws depress voting rates?
3. How many members did the bridge club in Chapter 1 have in 1990?
4. What publication ran an article about the challenge of free time and Americans in 1964?
5. Who wrote in 1959 that "the ratio of political activists to the general population, and even the ratio of male activists to the male population, has generally increased over the past fifty years"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)