|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Chapter 4, Religious Participation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In surveys, how many Americans said that they believed in immortality?
(a) 3 out of 4.
(b) 4 out of 5.
(c) 2 out of 3.
(d) 5 out of 6.
2. Between the 1970s and 1990s, by what percent did church attendance fall among people under sixty?
3. Where in America has there been the most religious disengagement?
4. How much was spent on Presidential election campaigns in 1965?
(a) $18 million.
(b) $28 million.
(c) $41 million.
(d) $35 million.
5. In what states did Philip Hammond survey churchgoers?
(a) Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada.
(b) North Carolina, Massachusetts, Ohio, and California.
(c) Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.
(d) Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, FLorida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the bridge club located that Putnam mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. Who said "80 percent of life is simply showing up"?
3. When did the membership of community involvement groups plateau?
4. How much did the number of nonprofit organizations of national scope listed in "Encylopedia of Associations" change between 1968 and 1997?
5. By what year did it become a struggle for VFW Post 2378 in Berwyn, Illinois, to pay taxes on the post hall?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)