|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 14, From Generation to Generation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more long distance calls to family and friends would women make than men?
(a) 5-10 percent.
(b) 10-20 percent.
(c) 30-40 percent.
(d) 20-30 percent.
2. When did Bill Clinton become president?
3. How many of AARP's members belonged to local chapters?
(a) Less than 20 percent.
(b) Less than 5 percent.
(c) Less than 15 percent.
(d) Less than 10 percent.
4. Between 1976 and 1997, what was the drop in families with children between eight to seventeen who vacationed together?
(a) 49 percent.
(b) 26 percent.
(c) 38 percent.
(d) 12 percent.
5. Between 1965 and 1995, how much of a time gain did John Robinson and Geoffrey Godbey report per week for women?
(a) 5.4 hours.
(b) 7.1 hours.
(c) 6.2 hours.
(d) 8.3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the membership of community involvement groups plateau?
2. From what language do the terms "macher" and "schmoozer" come from?
3. At the end of the twentieth century, how many Americans said that they definitely ate their evening meal as a family?
4. In the 1990s, how many women worked outside the home?
5. When was the PTA founded?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)