|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Chapter 18, Safe and Productive Neighborhoods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what language do the terms "macher" and "schmoozer" come from?
2. When was "The Death and Life of Great American Cities" written?
3. Which state had the least number of murders?
(b) North Dakota.
(c) North Carolina.
4. Which state had the highest rate of murders?
5. What Chicago suburb was closely studied by urbanist William Whyte?
(a) Wonder Lake.
(b) Round Lake Beach.
(d) Park Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book by William Julius Wilson written in 1987 did Putnam mention in Chapter 18?
2. At the end of the twentieth century, how many Americans said that they definitely ate their evening meal as a family?
3. How many more long distance calls to family and friends would women make than men?
4. In 1999, what percent of Americans owned their own home?
5. Of people who expected to move in five years, what percent were less likely to attend church, club meetings, volunteer or work on community projects?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)