Section 1: Chapter 1, Thinking About Social Change in America
1. Where was the bridge club located that Putnam mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Hastings, Michigan.
(b) Thornton, Colorado.
(c) Marshalltown, Iowa.
(d) Glenn Valley, Pennsylvania.
2. How many members did the bridge club in Chapter 1 have in 1990?
(c) 25 or so.
3. When were members playing regularly in the bridge club Putnam mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. When was the Roanoke, Virginia Chapter of the NAACP established?
5. By November, 1998, how many members attended a heated contest for the president of the Roanoke, Virginia Chapter of the NAACP?
6. By what year did it become a struggle for VFW Post 2378 in Berwyn, Illinois, to pay taxes on the post hall?
7. How many years did the Charity League of Dallas meet every Friday morning?
8. For how many years did the Vassar alumnae of Washington, D.C., have an annual book sale?
9. What publication ran an article about the challenge of free time and Americans in 1964?
(b) Wall Street Journal.
(d) New Yorker.
This section contains 3,365 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)