|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location of the phone number that the uncle called?
2. Bourne manages to get __________ onto the plane before it takes off and a gunfight breaks out.
3. What does Carlos use in order to recruit people for his new plans?
4. Who does Carlos blame for the fiasco at the hotel, according to information from Dominique?
5. Who do the men determine was the leak to Carlos as he had listened in on the private call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after David accuses Dr. Panov of being the mole in the CIA?
2. What does Dimitri Sulikov reveal to Bryce Ogilvie when they speak to each other in Chapter 33?
3. What is the end result or Krupkin in the story?
4. What does Carlos use to recruit people for his own new personal army?
5. What is so special about the cemetery that Bourne and Marie drive to?
6. What does Bourne recognize Mario to be during the gunfight, which is why he is kept alive?
7. Where are David and Marie walking when Dr. Panov shows up to talk to them?
8. What does the Italian that followed the care of the CIA agents tell someone in New York?
9. Why are Pritchard and his uncle interrogated by Sir Henry Sykes?
10. What does Bourne get into with the help of his Soviet contact Krupkin.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the world of spies and assassins, double crosses seem to be par for the course and all in a day's work.
Part 1: Describe one instance in which Jason Bourne was double-crossed.
Part 2: Describe another incident in which another character in the story was double-crossed.
Part 3: How can someone ever prevent someone else from double-crossing them?
Essay Topic 2
The telephone routing machine idea is something that seems to help the CIA finally figure out what's happening with Medusa and who the players are.
Part 1: What is a telephone routing machine and how is it used to the CIA's advantage?
Part 2: What does the CIA learn from using this idea? Cite specific examples of information they learn.
Part 3: Is the CIA caught as they use this idea? If not, why not? Is so, why were they caught?
Essay Topic 3
The secret organization of Medusa is one that seems to play a major role in this story.
Part 1: What is Medusa and why was it created in the first place?
Part 2: List at least three of the Medusa members.
Part 3: What is Medusa's role in the activities of Carlos the Jackal? Which members have already had contact with the Jackal?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)