|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dominique sets up a meeting between Bourne and ___________, and Bourne knows it will be a trap this time.
2. What is David Webb's alter ego's name when he turned into an assassin?
3. The ________ turns out to be the younger sister of Jacqueline Lavier.
4. How many costume changes does Jason Bourne send for?
5. Alex tells Bourne that it is __________ and not Holland that is the connection to Medusa.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the sergeant let down the Saigon Medusa organization, as Bourne recalls?
2. Who is the highly placed Wall Street attorney who gets a call on an unsecured line?
3. How is Bourne saved from a trap at the street where the telephone number has revealed the address?
4. Why has Morris Panov probably told his captors more than he would have liked to have told them?
5. What does Marie Webb find out from the international news coverage?
6. What does the Law professor's wife see in the room when she pushes her husband's office door open a crack?
7. Who is the top man in the Medusa organization and what position does he hold?
8. Why had Bourne been lured to Hong Kong in the first place?
9. What does the proven connection between the mafia and Medusa force the CIA to do?
10. What does Fontaigne suggest Bourne do in regards to the situation with Carlos the Jackal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It seems that Bourne does not always resort to violence in order to get his way in this story. Sometimes he uses other methods of coercion.
Part 1: Describe one time in which Bourne uses violence to solve a problem.
Part 2: Describe one time when Bourne uses other methods of coercion to get what he wants.
Part 3: Does it seem that Bourne is more adept at violence or at talking his way out of situations? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Marie seems to be a weaker character in this book than one might expect to be with Jason Bourne/David Webb.
Part 1: Describe the character of Marie and her role in the actions which take place in the story.
Part 2: If Marie were smarter than she seems to be during this story, how might her character be able to affect the outcome of the story?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about female characters in this story?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of Bourne actually having two distinct personalities is one that continues to come up during this story, often in situations where he needs to be one or the other.
Part 1: Why does Bourne resist taking on his Bourne persona?
Part 2: Cite some situations in the story where Bourne reverts back to being David Webb.
Part 3: Why does Marie wants Bourne to be David Webb again?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)