|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says he maintains power because he knows 'all the secrets'?
2. Bourne tells the bartender to call his contact and to tell him that the ___________ told him to call.
3. What do Holland and Conklin threaten to do with the answer to #85 if he does not help them with information?
4. What rushes by, firing automatic weapons in Jason's direction?
5. What name does Prefontaigne use when he thinks someone else is there to kill him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In whom does Bourne place his trust to keep Bourne's wife and two children safe from harm?
2. Why Does Dr. Ivan Jax tell Bourne to lock and to seal the room containing the body of General Swayne?
3. Who is the highly placed Wall Street attorney who gets a call on an unsecured line?
4. Why is Charlie Casset calling Conklin while they are on the island?
5. What does Marie Webb find out from the international news coverage?
6. Why does Bernadine remember who Marie is as Bourne is trying to find out where she might be in France?
7. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
8. What does Bernadine arrange for Bourne upon his arrival in France?
9. List two of the Medusa members that Alex Conklin smokes out.
10. Why has Morris Panov probably told his captors more than he would have liked to have told them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marie seems to be a weaker character in this book than one might expect to be with Jason Bourne/David Webb.
Part 1: Describe the character of Marie and her role in the actions which take place in the story.
Part 2: If Marie were smarter than she seems to be during this story, how might her character be able to affect the outcome of the story?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about female characters in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Trickery is also just part of being in the world of international espionage and crime. Even Panov is adept at making sure he stays safe in the most difficult of situations by using trickery.
Part 1: How is Panov captured and by whom is he captured?
Part 2: What does Panov observe amongst his captors that helps him to escape? How does he use this information?
Part 3: How does Panov eventually escape?
Essay Topic 3
People in positions of power in this story seem to be most vulnerable to being a part of the evil plots of Carlos the Jackal.
Part 1: Who are some of the high ranking officials who are working with Carlos?
Part 2: Why is it a good idea for Carlos to be in cahoots with people in higher positions of power?
Part 3: Why might people in higher positions of power agree to work with Carlos in the first place?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)