|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dominique sets up a meeting between Bourne and ___________, and Bourne knows it will be a trap this time.
2. What is the name of the bartender that Bourne tries to contact at the bar in #68?
3. What does Panov talk about that makes his captor become a little agitated as they are driving to a new location?
4. Where is Dr. Panov taken after his captivity and eventual escape?
5. What secret has the high powered attorney found out and used against Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the proven connection between the mafia and Medusa force the CIA to do?
2. How is Bourne warned that the Jackal knows exactly where he is?
3. What is the trademark that Carlos leaves on the beach, as seen by Bourne and Fontaigne?
4. Where is Marie staying, although Bourne and the others are unable to find her in France?
5. Why can't John talk with Marie to warn her about possible danger?
6. Why has Morris Panov probably told his captors more than he would have liked to have told them?
7. What does Bernadine arrange for Bourne upon his arrival in France?
8. Why Does Dr. Ivan Jax tell Bourne to lock and to seal the room containing the body of General Swayne?
9. Who is the top man in the Medusa organization and what position does he hold?
10. Describe the identity of the nun whom Jason Bourne recognizes in the alley.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The fact that Bourne is 50 and not as young as he used to be is brought up at several points during this novel. Perhaps an older assassin isn't as good of an assassin?
Part 1: In what ways does Bourne's age seem to be affecting him negatively during this novel?
Part 2: In what ways does Bourne's age seem to be affecting him in a positive way during this novel?
Part 3: Do you think Bourne's experience is what helps him during this story more than his agility? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Trickery is also just part of being in the world of international espionage and crime. Even Panov is adept at making sure he stays safe in the most difficult of situations by using trickery.
Part 1: How is Panov captured and by whom is he captured?
Part 2: What does Panov observe amongst his captors that helps him to escape? How does he use this information?
Part 3: How does Panov eventually escape?
Essay Topic 3
It seems that Carlos the Jackal always seems to know where Bourne and his family are.
Part 1: What is one example of Carlos the Jackal's knowledge of where Bourne's family is, even though there is no reason for him to know?
Part 2: How does Carlos the Jackal let Bourne know that he knows where Bourne's family is?
Part 3: What is one possible explanation for how Carlos the Jackal always seems to know this information?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)