|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Bourne agree to pay the bartender for the information he needs and for his release?
2. Gates reveals that he paid ____________ $15,000 to deliver the information that a woman and her two children had flown to Montserrat.
3. Where does Bourne look for the clothing that he needs to transform into a new person?
4. What is the profession David Webb holds in his new hiding location?
5. Where is the ominous blood red name of Jason Bourne written during the murder or General Teagarten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why Does Dr. Ivan Jax tell Bourne to lock and to seal the room containing the body of General Swayne?
2. List two of the Medusa members that Alex Conklin smokes out.
3. What is the trademark that Carlos leaves on the beach, as seen by Bourne and Fontaigne?
4. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
5. What does Bourne warn Alex he will do if things don't go his way?
6. Who is the top man in the Medusa organization and what position does he hold?
7. What do Alex Conklin and Peter Holland use as a threat against Nicolo Dellacroce in their interrogation?
8. What does Bourne do in order to make his clothing seem as though it's not new?
9. Where is Marie staying, although Bourne and the others are unable to find her in France?
10. What does Bourne find out about Medusa when he goes to visit with Albert Armbruster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The secret organization of Medusa is one that seems to play a major role in this story.
Part 1: What is Medusa and why was it created in the first place?
Part 2: List at least three of the Medusa members.
Part 3: What is Medusa's role in the activities of Carlos the Jackal? Which members have already had contact with the Jackal?
Essay Topic 2
The telephone routing machine idea is something that seems to help the CIA finally figure out what's happening with Medusa and who the players are.
Part 1: What is a telephone routing machine and how is it used to the CIA's advantage?
Part 2: What does the CIA learn from using this idea? Cite specific examples of information they learn.
Part 3: Is the CIA caught as they use this idea? If not, why not? Is so, why were they caught?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of Bourne actually having two distinct personalities is one that continues to come up during this story, often in situations where he needs to be one or the other.
Part 1: Why does Bourne resist taking on his Bourne persona?
Part 2: Cite some situations in the story where Bourne reverts back to being David Webb.
Part 3: Why does Marie wants Bourne to be David Webb again?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)