|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is talking to Monsieur Carre-Lamadon as the ladies discuss Madame d'Etrelles in the coach from Totes?
2. On their final morning in Totes, what are the passengers doing while they wait for Boule de Suif?
3. What do the rest of the company do after Boule de Suif leaves for church on the third day in Totes?
4. Who is the first person to notice that Boule de Suif is weeping in the coach from Totes?
5. According to Monsieur Carre-Lamadon, if the French made a counter attack by way of Dieppe, their encounter with the enemy would inevitably take place where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the notion of heroism is portrayed in the story. What makes Boule de Suif a heroine?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Boule de Suif's betrayal in the story. Who betrays her and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)