|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "remained apart from the rest, taking no share in the plot" of persuading Boule de Suif to sleep with the Prussian.
2. What efforts at self-control does Boule de Suif attempt to do in the coach on their trip from Totes?
3. When the coach starts on its departure from Totes, what is Boule de Suif's attitude toward her neighbors?
4. What is the subject Monsieur Carre-Lamadon is discussing with his companion in the coach from Totes?
5. Why does the person who appears suddenly at the end of the street on the second day in Totes walk with in a peculiar motion with knees apart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss sex in the story.
1) How is sex used as a weapon against Boule de Suif?
2) How is Boule de Suif a victim of her profession?
Essay Topic 2
Compare & contrast Cornudet and the Prussian officer.
1) What are the similarities in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
2) What are the differences in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the main antagonist in "Boule de Suif"? Is it the Prussian officer or the other passengers?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)