Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
2. On their walk the second day in Totes, why does the Count tell Loiseau that "we should be pursued at once, overtaken in ten minutes, and brought back as prisoners at the mercy of the soldiery"?
3. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
4. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
5. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
Essay Topic 1
Compare & contrast Cornudet and the Prussian officer.
1) What are the similarities in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
2) What are the differences in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss dramatic irony in "Boule de Suif."
1) Define dramatic irony.
2) What scenes employ dramatic irony?
Essay Topic 3
Compare treatment of Boule de Suif before and after her compliance to sleep with the Prussian officer. What are the similarities and differences by the other passengers?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)