|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears suddenly at the end of the street on their walk during the second day in Totes?
2. What kind of paper is the cheese that Comtess de Breville take out in the coach on their departure from Totes wrapped in?
3. As they discuss the Prussian officer on the third day in Totes, why does Madame Carre-Lamadon's eyes glisten and her face grow pale?
4. What is the Prussian officer's response to their question about detention on the third day in Totes?
5. What does Loiseau suggest the company should ask the officer after Boule de Suif leaves for church on the third day in Totes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss class in "Boule de Suif."
1) How does class function?
2) How does class impact the characters' in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of religion in "Boule de Suif"?
1) How are the nuns portrayed in the story?
2) What is Boule de Suif's relationship to religion?
3) How are sacrifice, forgiveness, and sin discussed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Boule de Suif's betrayal in the story. Who betrays her and why?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)