|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif"?
2. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
3. On their walk the second day in Totes, what looks "so mournful and depressing" to the passengers that they retraced their steps?
4. Who kept "suddenly busy" after Boule de Suif greets Madame Carre-Lamadon in the coach from Totes?
5. On the third day in Totes, which person suggests that the should persuade Boule de Suif to sleep with the Prussian?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of gender in "Boule de Suif"? Who embraces their gendered roles and why? Who defies their gendered roles and why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose 2 characters and compare and contrast their political views. What are their viewpoints on France and the war?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the psychology of occupation during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) How do the citizens cope with occupation?
2) How do the German soldiers behave in the cities they occupy?
3) How doe the French soldiers behave in Rouen?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)