|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
2. On their walk the second day in Totes, why does the Count tell Loiseau that "we should be pursued at once, overtaken in ten minutes, and brought back as prisoners at the mercy of the soldiery"?
3. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
4. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
5. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
Essay Topic 1
Food is critical in the story. Discuss how the characters both come together and are divided during meal times.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of gender in "Boule de Suif"? Who embraces their gendered roles and why? Who defies their gendered roles and why?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)