Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
2. On their walk the second day in Totes, why does the Count tell Loiseau that "we should be pursued at once, overtaken in ten minutes, and brought back as prisoners at the mercy of the soldiery"?
3. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
4. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
5. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the psychology of occupation during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) How do the citizens cope with occupation?
2) How do the German soldiers behave in the cities they occupy?
3) How doe the French soldiers behave in Rouen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict in "Boule de Suif."
1) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif and society?
2) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif, the other passengers, and the Prussian officer?
Essay Topic 3
Language is a powerful tool in the story. Choose 2 scenes and discuss how language is used to manipulate, convince, lecture, flatter, and/or demean Boule de Suif.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)