|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "broke forth like a cord that is overstrained" for Boule de Suif in the coach on their trip from Totes?
2. Who appears suddenly at the end of the street on their walk during the second day in Totes?
3. On the second day in Totes, the coach passengers rose early, with a _______hope of being allowed to start, a _______desire than ever to do so.
4. How does the person who suddenly appears at the end of the street acknowledge the passengers?
5. What is Boule de Suif's expression as she begins to cry in the coach from Totes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the notion of heroism is portrayed in the story. What makes Boule de Suif a heroine?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of religion in "Boule de Suif"?
1) How are the nuns portrayed in the story?
2) What is Boule de Suif's relationship to religion?
3) How are sacrifice, forgiveness, and sin discussed?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)