|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Loiseau state that the officer has "behaved very well" on the third day in Totes?
2. What is the name of the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif"?
3. What is Boule de Suif's expression as she begins to cry in the coach from Totes?
4. When the church bell summons the faithful on the third morning in Totes, what does Boule de Suif think about that convinces her to attend the ceremony?
5. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the psychology of occupation during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) How do the citizens cope with occupation?
2) How do the German soldiers behave in the cities they occupy?
3) How doe the French soldiers behave in Rouen?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the main antagonist in "Boule de Suif"? Is it the Prussian officer or the other passengers?
Essay Topic 3
Corruption is prevalent in occupied France during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) Who benefits from the corrupt political and economic system?
2) Who suffers from corruption?
3) Who abuses power and how?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)