|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the married women "utterly humiliated" at being met by the person on their walk the second day?
2. On their final morning in Totes, what are the passengers doing while they wait for Boule de Suif?
3. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
4. How do the passengers respond when Boule de Suif arrives at the coach for their departure?
5. What kind of pies does Comtess de Breville take out in the coach for lunch on their departure from Totes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Corruption is prevalent in occupied France during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) Who benefits from the corrupt political and economic system?
2) Who suffers from corruption?
3) Who abuses power and how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss authorial point of view in the story.
1) What are Maupassant's views on his characters?
2) Who does he sympathize with, and why?
3) How does the tone and choice of words reveal the authorial point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Boule de Suif's betrayal in the story. Who betrays her and why?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)