|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
2. What dropped into Cornudet's mighty beard during their trip from Totes that looked like "stars"?
3. What object does Loiseau take out in the coach on their departure from Totes, that is "thick with the grease of five years' contact with half-wiped tables"?
4. When the church bell summons the faithful on the third morning in Totes, what does Boule de Suif think about that convinces her to attend the ceremony?
5. On the second day in Totes, the coach passengers, for want of something better to do before lunch, do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare & contrast Cornudet and the Prussian officer.
1) What are the similarities in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
2) What are the differences in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict in "Boule de Suif."
1) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif and society?
2) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif, the other passengers, and the Prussian officer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss class in "Boule de Suif."
1) How does class function?
2) How does class impact the characters' in the story?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)