|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif"?
2. On the second day in Totes, the coach passengers, for want of something better to do before lunch, do what?
3. How does Boule de Suif react to the passengers' response to her when she arrives at the coach for their departure?
4. What three people decide NOT to go for a walk in the village neighborhood?
5. Who is the "creature" the person is referring to in the coach from Totes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the main antagonist in "Boule de Suif"? Is it the Prussian officer or the other passengers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the notion of heroism is portrayed in the story. What makes Boule de Suif a heroine?
Essay Topic 3
Hypocrisy is a major theme in Boule de Suif. Discuss who is hypocritical in the story and why.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)