|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
2. Where does Boule de Suif sit in the coach on their departure from Totes?
3. On the second day in Totes, the coach passengers rose early, with a _______hope of being allowed to start, a _______desire than ever to do so.
4. Who is the "creature" the person is referring to in the coach from Totes?
5. Why does the person who appears suddenly at the end of the street on the second day in Totes walk with in a peculiar motion with knees apart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the psychology of occupation during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) How do the citizens cope with occupation?
2) How do the German soldiers behave in the cities they occupy?
3) How doe the French soldiers behave in Rouen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the notion of heroism is portrayed in the story. What makes Boule de Suif a heroine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss dramatic irony in "Boule de Suif."
1) Define dramatic irony.
2) What scenes employ dramatic irony?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)