|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Monsieur Carre-Lamadon, if the French made a counter attack by way of Dieppe, their encounter with the enemy would inevitably take place where?
2. Whose "vulgar temperament broke bounds" after Monsieur Follenvie returned from the Prussian officer's room on the third day in Totes?
3. How do the passengers respond when Boule de Suif arrives at the coach for their departure?
4. Who chuckles at Boule de Suif crying in the coach from Totes and murmurs, "She's weeping for shame"?
5. Who kept "suddenly busy" after Boule de Suif greets Madame Carre-Lamadon in the coach from Totes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Food is critical in the story. Discuss how the characters both come together and are divided during meal times.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict in "Boule de Suif."
1) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif and society?
2) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif, the other passengers, and the Prussian officer?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)