Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
2. On their walk the second day in Totes, why does the Count tell Loiseau that "we should be pursued at once, overtaken in ten minutes, and brought back as prisoners at the mercy of the soldiery"?
3. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
4. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
5. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
Compare and contrast Boule de Suif and Cornudet.
1) What makes them outsiders in the story and why?
2) Who is more or less sympathetic and why?
3) Who has more power and why?
Corruption is prevalent in occupied France during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) Who benefits from the corrupt political and economic system?
2) Who suffers from corruption?
3) Who abuses power and how?
Discuss authorial point of view in the story.
1) What are Maupassant's views on his characters?
2) Who does he sympathize with, and why?
3) How does the tone and choice of words reveal the authorial point of view?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)