|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boule de Suif remember about their trip to Totes in the coach departing from it?
2. What efforts at self-control does Boule de Suif attempt to do in the coach on their trip from Totes?
3. Who states after dinner the third day in Totes, "when women run after uniforms it's all the same to them whether the men who wear them are French or Prussian. It's perfectly sickening!"
4. Who kept "suddenly busy" after Boule de Suif greets Madame Carre-Lamadon in the coach from Totes?
5. On the third day the passengers are in Totes, why are the ladies pleasant to Boule de Suif until lunch time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Boule de Suif's betrayal in the story. Who betrays her and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict in "Boule de Suif."
1) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif and society?
2) What is the conflict between Boule de Suif, the other passengers, and the Prussian officer?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)