|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the church bell summons the faithful on the third morning in Totes, what does Boule de Suif think about that convinces her to attend the ceremony?
2. In the afternoon their second day in Totes, who proposes the passengers go for a walk in the village neighborhood?
3. When Boule de Suif arrives at the coach for their departure from Totes, how does Madame Carre-Lamadon respond to her greeting?
4. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
5. What is Boule de Suif's expression as she begins to cry in the coach from Totes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
Essay Topic 2
Corruption is prevalent in occupied France during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) Who benefits from the corrupt political and economic system?
2) Who suffers from corruption?
3) Who abuses power and how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Boule de Suif's betrayal in the story. Who betrays her and why?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)