|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
2. In the coach on their departure from Totes, what is Madame d'Etrelles' two talents that are discussed?
3. Why does the Count whisper "Hush!" to the group as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes?
4. What is the weather like on their walk in the village neighborhood the second day in Totes?
5. What kind of paper is the cheese that Comtess de Breville take out in the coach on their departure from Totes wrapped in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the notion of heroism is portrayed in the story. What makes Boule de Suif a heroine?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss sex in the story.
1) How is sex used as a weapon against Boule de Suif?
2) How is Boule de Suif a victim of her profession?
Essay Topic 3
Hypocrisy is a major theme in Boule de Suif. Discuss who is hypocritical in the story and why.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)