|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their trip from Totes, what does Cornudet remove from his loose overcoat in the coach?
2. Who chuckles at Boule de Suif crying in the coach from Totes and murmurs, "She's weeping for shame"?
3. Who asked suddenly as they retrace their steps on the second day of Totes, "if that trollop were going to keep them waiting much longer in this Godforsaken spot"?
4. What is the subject Monsieur Carre-Lamadon is discussing with his companion in the coach from Totes?
5. In the afternoon of the third day in Totes, what tone does the Count adopt on his walk with Boule de Suif to convince her to surrender to the Prussian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the psychology of occupation during the Franco-Prussian war.
1) How do the citizens cope with occupation?
2) How do the German soldiers behave in the cities they occupy?
3) How doe the French soldiers behave in Rouen?
Essay Topic 2
Compare & contrast Cornudet and the Prussian officer.
1) What are the similarities in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
2) What are the differences in their treatment of Boule de Suif?
Essay Topic 3
Compare treatment of Boule de Suif before and after her compliance to sleep with the Prussian officer. What are the similarities and differences by the other passengers?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)