|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their trip from Totes, what does Cornudet remove from his loose overcoat in the coach?
2. What kind of cheese does Comtess de Breville take out in the coach on their departure from Totes?
3. How does the person who suddenly appears at the end of the street acknowledge the passengers?
4. What do the rest of the company do after Boule de Suif leaves for church on the third day in Totes?
5. On their walk the second day in Totes, what do the ladies discuss as the men talk of war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Boule de Suif and Cornudet.
1) What makes them outsiders in the story and why?
2) Who is more or less sympathetic and why?
3) Who has more power and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of gender in "Boule de Suif"? Who embraces their gendered roles and why? Who defies their gendered roles and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Boule de Suif's betrayal in the story. Who betrays her and why?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)