|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provisions does Boule de Suif bring for lunch during their trip from Totes?
2. What kind of paper is the cheese that Comtess de Breville take out in the coach on their departure from Totes wrapped in?
3. Who asked suddenly as they retrace their steps on the second day of Totes, "if that trollop were going to keep them waiting much longer in this Godforsaken spot"?
4. On the third day in Totes, which person suggests that the should persuade Boule de Suif to sleep with the Prussian?
5. What is the weather like on their walk in the village neighborhood the second day in Totes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss sex in the story.
1) How is sex used as a weapon against Boule de Suif?
2) How is Boule de Suif a victim of her profession?
Essay Topic 2
Language is a powerful tool in the story. Choose 2 scenes and discuss how language is used to manipulate, convince, lecture, flatter, and/or demean Boule de Suif.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of "Boule de Suif." What is the setting and why is it significant?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)