|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the rest of the company do after Boule de Suif leaves for church on the third day in Totes?
(a) Drew their chairs together for to recite Bible passages.
(b) Drew their chairs together in order to play a game of cards.
(c) Drew their chairs together to decide what to have for dinner.
(d) Drew their chairs together to decide on some course of action.
2. What provisions does Boule de Suif bring for lunch during their trip from Totes?
3. What dropped into Cornudet's mighty beard during their trip from Totes that looked like "stars"?
4. The third morning in Totes, the passengers awoke with _____faces and _______tempers.
(a) Tired; irritable.
(b) Rested; cheerful.
(c) Rested; irritable.
(d) Tired; cheerful.
5. What is the tone Maupassant uses in describing the "good sisters" in the coach on their departure from Totes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
2. What metaphor does Maupassant use to describe Boule de Suif's tears in the coach from Totes?
3. Who shrugs in response to being notified about Boule de Suif crying in the coach from Totes?
4. According to Monsieur Carre-Lamadon, if the French made a counter attack by way of Dieppe, their encounter with the enemy would inevitably take place where?
5. On the third day in Totes, which person suggests that the should persuade Boule de Suif to sleep with the Prussian?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)