|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Boule de Suif appear on their final morning in Totes?
(a) Shy and reserved.
(b) Shamefaced and embarrassed.
(c) Proud and determined.
(d) Cheerful and enthusiastic.
2. What is the Prussian officer's response to their question about detention on the third day in Totes?
(a) He asked Monsieur Follenvie to fetch the men.
(b) He told Monsieur Follenvie that he would agree.
(c) He required Monsieur Follenvie to return with money.
(d) He showed Monsieur Follenvie the door.
3. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
4. When the passengers return from their walk on the second day in Totes, why do the exchange sharp words over the "merest trifles"?
(a) Because they are ill.
(b) Because they are exhausted.
(c) Because they are restless.
(d) Because they are famished.
5. What is the description given of the person who chuckles at Boule de Suif's crying in the coach from Totes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Maupassant use to describe Boule de Suif's tears in the coach from Totes?
2. Who chuckles at Boule de Suif crying in the coach from Totes and murmurs, "She's weeping for shame"?
3. What does Loiseau suggest the company should ask the officer after Boule de Suif leaves for church on the third day in Totes?
4. What is the metaphor Maupassant uses to describe the course of action the passengers take in persuading Boule de Suif to sleep with the Prussian?
5. What does Boule de Suif remember about their trip to Totes in the coach departing from it?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)