|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the coach on their departure from Totes, who "sat still, lost in thought"?
(c) Comte de Breville.
(d) Boule de Suif.
2. What dropped into Cornudet's mighty beard during their trip from Totes that looked like "stars"?
3. On the second day in Totes, the coach passengers rose early, with a _______hope of being allowed to start, a _______desire than ever to do so.
(a) Vague; greater.
(b) Vague; smaller.
(c) Immense; smaller.
(d) Strange; greater.
4. According to the narrator, as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes, every woman in the world is furnished with what?
(a) A thin veneer of immodesty.
(b) A thick veneer of immodesty.
(c) A thick veneer of modesty.
(d) A thin veneer of modesty.
5. What three people decide NOT to go for a walk in the village neighborhood?
(a) Cornudet, Boule de Suif, and the Puny Nun.
(b) Boule de Suif, the Old Nun, and the Puny Nun.
(c) Cornudet, Boule de Suif, and the Old Nun.
(d) Cornudet, the Old Nun, and the Puny Nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the ladies talk about the Prussian soldier on their walk the second day, why does Madame Carre-Lamadon state that she regrets the soldier is not a Frenchman?
2. How do the passengers respond when Boule de Suif arrives at the coach for their departure?
3. As they talked on their walk the second day in Totes, what is the prevailing feeling among the women?
4. Who is talking to Monsieur Carre-Lamadon as the ladies discuss Madame d'Etrelles in the coach from Totes?
5. In the coach from Totes, Cornudet _____like a man who had just thought of a good _______.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)