|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the afternoon of the third day in Totes, what tone does the Count adopt on his walk with Boule de Suif to convince her to surrender to the Prussian?
(a) Proper, maternal, slightly contemptuous.
(b) Familiar, maternal, slightly intimidated.
(c) Proper, respectful, slightly intimidated.
(d) Familiar, paternal, slightly contemptuous.
2. Who appears suddenly at the end of the street on their walk during the second day in Totes?
(b) The Prussian officer.
(c) The innkeeper.
(d) The Old Nun.
3. What is the song Cornudet begins to hum in the coach at the end of "Boule de Suif" about?
(a) Longing for the past and hope for tomorrow.
(b) Romantic illusion and first heartbreak.
(c) Love for one's country and fighting for freedom.
(d) Poetic beauty and divine right of nature.
4. What does Boule de Suif remember about their trip to Totes in the coach departing from it?
(a) The lunch she shared.
(b) The length of time it took.
(c) The kind coach driver.
(d) The bad weather.
5. Why does the Count whisper "Hush!" to the group as they discuss persuading Boule de Suif on the third day in Totes?
(a) Because Monsieur Follenvie cried.
(b) Because Boule de Suif returned.
(c) Because the Prussian appeared.
(d) Because the coach driver yelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Loiseau take out in the coach on their departure from Totes, that is "thick with the grease of five years' contact with half-wiped tables"?
2. Where did Loiseau get the object he takes out in the coach on their departure from Totes?
3. What do the nuns do in the coach on their departure from Totes?
4. What kind of pies does Comtess de Breville take out in the coach for lunch on their departure from Totes?
5. What do the nuns partake in at lunch in the coach from Totes?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)