|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word that no one is shocked to hear about the Prussian officer's request?
2. How do the nuns in "Boule de Suif" spend their time in the coach?
3. How many passengers are traveling on a coach in "Boule de Suif"?
4. As they dined after the first indignant outburst the first day in Totes, the coach passengers spoke _______and thought _______.
(a) Some; much.
(b) Little; some.
(c) Much; little.
(d) Little; much.
5. Who sends the Prussian officer a card on which Monsieur Carre-Lamadon inscribes his name and titles?
(a) Comte de Breville.
(b) Boule de Suif.
(d) Madame Follenvie.
6. According to the coach driver, what does he tell the male passengers who have been looking for him the morning of the first day in Totes that he is forbidden to do?
(a) Harness the horses.
(b) Discuss politics.
(c) Attend confession.
(d) Fraternize with them.
7. Who does Madame Follenvie address herself to while the passengers dine during their first supper in Totes?
(a) The Countess.
(b) The Old Nun.
(d) Boule de Suif.
8. What is NOT one of the reasons the coach passengers discuss in the kitchen after the meeting with the Prussian officer the first day in Totes?
(a) They were being held hostage.
(b) They were to be held for ransom.
(c) They were being held because of Boule de Suif.
(d) They were to be extradited as prisoners of war.
9. Who does Loiseau fancy he sees receive a noiseless blow in the dark in the coach?
(a) Comte de Breville.
(b) The coachman.
(c) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
10. What does the rumor about the Prussians concern in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
(a) That they were about to leave Paris.
(b) That they were about to enter Rouen.
(c) That they were about to leave Rouen.
(d) That they were about to enter Paris.
11. What do boat-men and fishermen often haul to the surface in "Boule de Suif"?
(a) The body of a German.
(c) Buried treasures.
(d) Disgarded weapons.
12. In the coach, who does Cornudet revile that makes Boule de Suif become indignant?
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Charles X.
13. Who breaks their jug on the table in indignation at the Prussian officer's request regarding Boule de Suif?
(a) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
(b) Comte de Breville.
(c) Monsieur Follenvie.
14. Why does the four-horse coach decide to leave on Tuesday morning before daybreak?
(a) To get a head start on their journey.
(b) To avoid attracting a crowd.
(c) To take advantage of the daylight.
(d) To avoid traffic on the road.
15. What do the ladies on the coach bring to warm their feet in "Boule de Suif"?
(a) Silk leggings.
(b) Fur-lined boots.
(c) Copper foot-warmers.
(d) Small lanterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Totes, who appeared only at meals and said nothing about the Prussian officer's request regarding Boule de Suif?
2. Why is Boule de Suif much sought after in the story?
3. What country are the passengers in "Boule de Suif" traveling through on a coach?
4. Who faints from hunger after the odor of food permeates the coach in the story?
5. After night falls, what does Madame de Breville offer Boule de Suif when the cold makes her shiver in the coach?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)