Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boule de Suif," where do the travelers meet to take their seats in the coach in the morning?
(a) The garage on Rue Normandie.
(b) The courtyard of Hotel de Normandie.
(c) The lobby of Normandie bank.
(d) The main entrance of Normandie park.
2. What instrument does Monsieur Follenvie's chest sound like during the card game the first day in Totes?
(a) An organ.
(b) A horn.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A drum.
3. What do the men search for in the farmhouses beside the road that they cannot find in "Boule de Suif"?
4. According to the servant, why does Monsieur Follenvie never rise before ten o'clock?
(a) Because of his migraines.
(b) Because of his depression.
(c) Because of his asthma.
(d) Because of his insomnia.
5. What does Cornudet notice about Loiseau and his wife as they pass the two hours before dinner the first day in Totes?
(a) That they have not returned.
(b) That they are in league to cheat.
(c) That they understand German.
(d) That they are atheists.
6. What does Cornudet have that he offers to his neighbors in the coach on the way to Totes?
(a) A knuckle of ham.
(b) A carafe of coffee.
(c) A crust of bread.
(d) A bottle of rum.
7. Who faints from hunger after the odor of food permeates the coach in the story?
(a) The old nun.
(b) Madame Carre-Lamadon.
(c) Boule de Suif.
(d) Comtesse de Breville
8. What does Boule de Suif stammer when she returns from her meeting with Prussian officer when they first arrive in Totes?
(a) "Oh, the scoundrel! The scoundrel!"
(b) "Oh, the rascal, the rascal!"
(c) "Oh, the coward, the coward!"
(d) "Oh, the hero, the hero!"
9. In "Boule de Suif," who alone is authorized to interview the Prussian officer on civil matters?
(a) Madame Follenvie.
(b) Monsieur Follenvie.
(c) The cook.
(d) The servant.
10. As "Boule de Suif" opens, how many days have the soldiers wandered through town?
11. What does the rumor about the Prussians concern in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
(a) That they were about to leave Rouen.
(b) That they were about to leave Paris.
(c) That they were about to enter Rouen.
(d) That they were about to enter Paris.
12. In the beginning of the story, what do the conquerors exact from the inhabitants of Rouen?
13. Who does Loiseau fancy he sees receive a noiseless blow in the dark in the coach?
(b) The coachman.
(c) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
(d) Comte de Breville.
14. What is the Prussian officer wearing when the male passengers meet them after luncheon the first day in Totes?
(a) A gorgeous dressing-gown.
(b) A tailored suit.
(c) A tattered uniform.
(d) An opulent costume.
15. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif" who are "scoundrels often brave beyond measure"?
(a) Pillagers and debauchees.
(b) Debauchees and aristocracy.
(c) Pillagers and nobility.
(d) Merchants and nobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passengers are the last to alight from the coach when they arrive in Totes?
2. What kind of soldiers wander through the town in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
3. In the coach, who does Cornudet revile that makes Boule de Suif become indignant?
4. What is NOT one of the reasons the coach passengers discuss in the kitchen after the meeting with the Prussian officer the first day in Totes?
5. Who breaks their jug on the table in indignation at the Prussian officer's request regarding Boule de Suif?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)