|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the servant, why does Monsieur Follenvie never rise before ten o'clock?
(a) Because of his asthma.
(b) Because of his migraines.
(c) Because of his insomnia.
(d) Because of his depression.
2. According to the coach driver, what does he tell the male passengers who have been looking for him the morning of the first day in Totes that he is forbidden to do?
(a) Fraternize with them.
(b) Discuss politics.
(c) Attend confession.
(d) Harness the horses.
3. What settles on the city of Rouen in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
(a) A profound calm and silent dread.
(b) A dense fog and quiet anticipation.
(c) A howling wind and united front.
(d) A flurry of activity and sudden expectation.
4. Who tells Monsieur Follenvie to "Kindly tell the scoundrel, that carrion of a Prussian, that I will never consent"?
(a) Madame Carre-Lamadon.
(b) The Old Nun.
(c) Boule de Suif.
(d) Madame Loiseau.
5. Who declares at dinner the first day in Totes that the Prussians behaved liked "ancient barbarians"?
(a) Boule de Suif.
(c) Comte de Breville.
(d) Madame Carre-Lamadon.
6. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif" who are "scoundrels often brave beyond measure"?
(a) Merchants and nobility.
(b) Debauchees and aristocracy.
(c) Pillagers and nobility.
(d) Pillagers and debauchees.
7. What is Boule de Suif's real name?
(a) Marianne Passant.
(b) Elisabeth Passant.
(c) Elisabeth Rousset.
(d) Marianne Rousset.
8. What country are the passengers in "Boule de Suif" traveling through on a coach?
9. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," the soldiers wore long, dirty________ and tattered _________.
(a) Uniforms; flags.
(b) Beards; uniforms.
(c) Robes; beards.
(d) Robes; flags.
10. In "Boule de Suif," who is a king in the cotton trade with a much younger wife?
(b) Monsieur de Suif.
(c) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
(d) Comte Hubert de Breville.
11. How many passengers are traveling on a coach in "Boule de Suif"?
12. During their first supper in Totes, who states "War is a barbarous proceeding when we attack a peaceful neighbor, but it is a sacred duty when undertaken in defense of one' country."
(a) Monsieur Follenvie.
(b) Boule de Suif.
(d) The Puny Nun.
13. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," what kind of soldiers are NOT wandering through the town?
14. In "Boule de Suif," where do the travelers meet to take their seats in the coach in the morning?
(a) The main entrance of Normandie park.
(b) The lobby of Normandie bank.
(c) The garage on Rue Normandie.
(d) The courtyard of Hotel de Normandie.
15. "Boule de Suif" is set during which war?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," what are the "Avengers of Defeat," "Citizens of the Tomb," and "Brethren in Death."
2. What is the name of the hotel the coach stops in front of when they arrive in Totes?
3. What does Cornudet have that he offers to his neighbors in the coach on the way to Totes?
4. In "Boule de Suif," who has the best seats in the coach?
5. In the morning of their first day in Totes, what do the male passengers see the Prussian soldiers doing in the town square while looking for the coach driver?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)