|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boule de Suif," who is a king in the cotton trade with a much younger wife?
(a) Monsieur de Suif.
(b) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
(c) Comte Hubert de Breville.
2. In the coach, who does Cornudet revile that makes Boule de Suif become indignant?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Charles X.
3. As "Boule de Suif" opens, how many days have the soldiers wandered through town?
4. What does the rumor about the Prussians concern in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
(a) That they were about to leave Paris.
(b) That they were about to enter Paris.
(c) That they were about to leave Rouen.
(d) That they were about to enter Rouen.
5. At dinner the first day in Totes, who manifested a lively and tender sympathy for Boule de Suif?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The women.
(c) The men.
(d) The innkeepers.
6. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," what kind of soldiers are NOT wandering through the town?
7. At three o'clock, what does Boule de Suif remove from an enormous dish in the story?
(a) A half of turkey.
(b) One duck.
(c) Two hams.
(d) Two chickens.
8. What is the Prussian officer wearing when the male passengers meet them after luncheon the first day in Totes?
(a) A tailored suit.
(b) A gorgeous dressing-gown.
(c) An opulent costume.
(d) A tattered uniform.
9. What does Cornudet notice about Loiseau and his wife as they pass the two hours before dinner the first day in Totes?
(a) That they are atheists.
(b) That they understand German.
(c) That they have not returned.
(d) That they are in league to cheat.
10. When the male passengers meet with the Prussian officer after luncheon the first day in Totes, what does he do?
(a) He neither rose, greeted them, nor even glanced in their direction.
(b) He rose, greeted them, and glanced in their direction.
(c) He rose, but neither greeted them, or even glanced in their direction.
(d) He neither rose nor greeted them, but glanced in their direction.
11. What is the name of the card game the men propose to play after dinner the first day in Totes?
12. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," what happens to the National Guards' arms, uniforms, and death dealing paraphernalia?
(a) It was quickly burned.
(b) It appeared intermittently.
(c) It was slowly buried.
(d) It suddenly disappeared.
13. How do the nuns in "Boule de Suif" spend their time in the coach?
14. What is the reason the Prussian officer gives the male passengers about refusing to start on their journey to Dieppe?
(a) The provisions have run out.
(b) He doesn't offer one.
(c) He can't find the coach driver.
(d) The weather is too treacherous.
15. Who breaks their jug on the table in indignation at the Prussian officer's request regarding Boule de Suif?
(a) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
(b) Comte de Breville.
(c) Monsieur Follenvie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Loiseau fancy he sees receive a noiseless blow in the dark in the coach?
2. Who sends the Prussian officer a card on which Monsieur Carre-Lamadon inscribes his name and titles?
3. As they begin to share the provisions Boule de Suif offers, what do they talk about?
4. What is the weather like as the passengers wait for their seats in "Boule de Suif"?
5. What do boat-men and fishermen often haul to the surface in "Boule de Suif"?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)