Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," who do the members of the National Guard occasionally shoot?
(a) Members of their own sentinels.
(b) Members of the German army.
(c) Members of the Russian army.
(d) Members of their own family.
2. What does the rumor about the Prussians concern in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
(a) That they were about to enter Paris.
(b) That they were about to leave Rouen.
(c) That they were about to enter Rouen.
(d) That they were about to leave Paris.
3. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," what happens to the National Guards' arms, uniforms, and death dealing paraphernalia?
(a) It was slowly buried.
(b) It suddenly disappeared.
(c) It appeared intermittently.
(d) It was quickly burned.
4. What do the men search for in the farmhouses beside the road that they cannot find in "Boule de Suif"?
5. What is the name of the card game the men propose to play after dinner the first day in Totes?
6. What kind of soldiers wander through the town in the beginning of "Boule de Suif"?
7. Who declares at dinner the first day in Totes that the Prussians behaved liked "ancient barbarians"?
(a) Boule de Suif.
(c) Comte de Breville.
(d) Madame Carre-Lamadon.
8. In the beginning of "Boule de Suif," what are the "Avengers of Defeat," "Citizens of the Tomb," and "Brethren in Death."
(a) Reformist campaigners.
(b) Legions of irregulars.
(c) Enlisted men.
(d) British dragoon.
9. When they arrive at Totes, the mood at supper after Boule de Suif returns from her meeting with the Prussian officer is characterized as what?
10. In the morning of their first day in Totes, where do the male passengers find the coach driver?
(a) In the stable.
(b) In the village cafe.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the hotel lobby.
11. In "Boule de Suif," who is a king in the cotton trade with a much younger wife?
(a) Comte Hubert de Breville.
(b) Monsieur Carre-Lamadon.
(c) Monsieur de Suif.
12. At three o'clock, what does Boule de Suif remove from an enormous dish in the story?
(a) One duck.
(b) Two chickens.
(c) Two hams.
(d) A half of turkey.
13. When the coach lights the lantern, what hovers over the sweating flanks of the horses and roadside?
(a) A shadow of moonlight.
(b) A dense fog.
(c) A light mist.
(d) A cloud of vapor.
14. Why does Cornudet follow Boule de Suif to her room their first night in Totes?
(a) To make sexual advances toward her.
(b) To ask her to speak to the Prussian officer.
(c) To invite her for a late night supper.
(d) To request she spy on their passengers.
15. According to the coach driver, who gave him command the morning of the first day in Totes?
(a) Madame Follenvie.
(d) Monsieur Follenvie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do boat-men and fishermen often haul to the surface in "Boule de Suif"?
2. Where is the Prussian officer staying in the inn in Totes?
3. Who breaks their jug on the table in indignation at the Prussian officer's request regarding Boule de Suif?
4. In Totes, who appeared only at meals and said nothing about the Prussian officer's request regarding Boule de Suif?
5. How does Boule de Suif respond to the matrons loud whispers of "hussy" and "public scandal" about her?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)