|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Cornudet use that is described as "admirably colored to a black the shade of its owner's teeth"?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A jug.
(d) A Bible.
2. At luncheon the first day in Totes, who appears ill and worried as they dine?
(a) Boule de Suif.
(b) Madame Loiseau.
(c) The nuns.
(d) Madame Carre-Lamadon.
3. Why are the coach passengers frightened when they first arrive in Totes?
(a) They hear the clanging of a scabbard and a voice call out in German.
(b) They hear the clanging of a scabbard and a voice call out in French.
(c) They hear the ringing of a bell and a voice call out in German.
(d) They hear the ringing of a bell and a voice call out in French.
4. Who declares at dinner the first day in Totes that the Prussians behaved liked "ancient barbarians"?
(a) Madame Carre-Lamadon.
(c) Boule de Suif.
(d) Comte de Breville.
5. According to the coach driver, what does he tell the male passengers who have been looking for him the morning of the first day in Totes that he is forbidden to do?
(a) Attend confession.
(b) Fraternize with them.
(c) Discuss politics.
(d) Harness the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cornudet follow Boule de Suif to her room their first night in Totes?
2. What do boat-men and fishermen often haul to the surface in "Boule de Suif"?
3. Who faints from hunger after the odor of food permeates the coach in the story?
4. When the coach lights the lantern, what hovers over the sweating flanks of the horses and roadside?
5. Who refuses to meet with the Prussian officer after luncheon the first day in Totes, stating that he would never have anything to do with the Germans?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)