Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the inauguration of John F. Kennedy, how many people were considered to be more powerful than Richard Daley?
2. What became the most consuming controversy during Richard Daley's first two terms as mayor?
3. How was Richard Daley's initial urban renewal effort accepted by those who who used the areas?
4. What caused an outbreak of fires and looting on Chicago's West Side African-American neighborhoods during Richard Daley's fourth term?
5. Who did Richard Daley replace at the beginning of his fourth term?
Based upon how Chapter II reported on the infiltration of Chicago City Hall by gangs and criminals and the affect they had on law enforcement and the judicial system, write a persuasive essay on why or why not personal adherence to ethical standards is important to people in leadership positions.
How does Daley's personal history affect your view of politics and government? Does Daley's climb to power interest you to be involved in politics? Write a persuasive essay on what sort of characteristics are important for an elected official and why it is important to know the types of personal relationships that official keeps.
Write an essay explaining why you think that segregation might have gotten started in Chicago and why the city government might have had an interest in sustaining it.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)