|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event led to the biggest scandal of Richard Daley's second term as mayor?
(a) A burglar was arrested.
(b) The Attorney General of Illinois investigated and took steps to take control of the Real Estate Division of the City of Chicago.
(c) Three civil rights activists were found beaten to death and buried at a construction site outside of Chicago.
(d) A former ward committeeman went public with how precincts would routinely, "Vote the graveyard."
2. What was the result of an effort to prove that Richard Daley's neighbors were intolerant of segregating neighborhoods based on color?
(a) The Chicago School Board ignored the requests and kept the students in their assigned schools.
(b) Police opened up fire hoses and scattered the protestors.
(c) A riot broke out in Mayor Daley's neighborhood and the African-American students were forced to move out after only a few days.
(d) Business owners had the protestors arrested and took law suits against the leaders that organized the protests.
3. How did Richard Daley treat department heads who did not perform well?
(a) He publicly took control of the departments and took credit for improvements.
(b) He quietly found replacements and removed them from office.
(c) He ignored their performance hoping the press would not notice.
(d) Daley defended and kept them in until he was ready to replace them.
4. What did the response of contenders for the 1972 Democrat Presidential Nomination signify to Richard Daley?
(a) His power was appreciated by Republicans.
(b) His power had a regional influence.
(c) His power was alive and well.
(d) His power was limited to Chicago.
5. What was the year of the election for Richard Daley's fourth term?
Short Answer Questions
1. What resulted from the high ranking personnel change that came to Daley at the beginning of his fourth term?
2. What happened to segregation opponents who showed up at Richard Daley's house?
3. What caused an outbreak of fires and looting on Chicago's West Side African-American neighborhoods during Richard Daley's fourth term?
4. At what point during the 1968 Democratic National Convention did protesters and security forces clash?
5. What discrepancy was committed by public officials in 1970 that caused problems for the Daley Administration?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)