|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Police Chief Orlando Wilson.
(c) Civil Rights lawyer William Kunstler.
(d) Civil Rights activist Martin Luther King.
2. Who did Richard Daley replace at the beginning of his fourth term?
(a) Police Chief Orlando Wilson, who retired.
(b) Ward Committeeman Vito Marzullo who passed away.
(c) Judge Abraham Marovitz who was debarred.
(d) Dan Rostenkowski who moved to Washington, D.C., to serve as congressman.
3. How did Richard Daley diffuse the 1970 scandal involving the public officials?
(a) Daley transfered a few police commanders and vowed to reform the department.
(b) Daley claimed to repay the Cook County Democratic campaign funds.
(c) Daley claimed to repay the public funds from his bank account.
(d) He hired a political adviser who guided him in responding to claims he was losing his mental edge.
4. What event took place in Chicago during April that foretold conflict at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago?
(a) Senator Bobby Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) Martin Luther King was assassinated.
(c) A large peace march was held in Chicago in the Loop area.
(d) Eugene McCarthy's primary victories invigorated the antiwar movement.
5. Who did Richard Daley convince to hold the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago?
(a) President Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey.
(c) The Speaker of the House.
(d) The Democrat National Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides protesters, who else did security forces target for harassment during the 1968 Democratic National Convention?
2. What was Richard Daley's response after a commission recommended that the police should treat blacks the same as whites?
3. Who did Richard Daley run as Democrat candidate for Cook County Sheriff in 1971?
4. To what did Richard Daley credit his large majorities in African-American precincts?
5. How did the press handle the April event?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)