Short Answer Key
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
2. When was the Introduction written?
One day after Richard Daley died.
3. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
4. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
The City of Chicago.
5. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
6. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
7. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
Public displays of immorality.
8. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
Don't get caught.
9. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
10. What was Richard Daley's family background?
This section contains 3,767 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)