|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard Daley actually do with the 1970 scandal involving public officials?
(a) He took money out of the Cook County Democratic Party campaign fund to pay back City Hall for the party expenses.
(b) The political advisor was actually a close friend from the Democratic Central Committee and they just spent an increasing amount of time together.
(c) He took money from City Hall to pay back the Cook County Democratic Party for the Bahamas trip expenses.
(d) He did not follow up on his promises to reform the Police Department after the deaths of the Black Panthers.
2. After controversy around the 1968 Democrat National Convention subsided, what was the condition of Richard Daley?
(a) He became increasingly paranoid and withdrew to life as a recluse.
(b) His record of strong arming opponents had earned him the contempt of political opponents.
(c) He had become tired and proned to make bad judgements.
(d) He had his health, successful children, an outstanding career in Chicago politics, fame, and control of the Machine.
3. How widely regarded was Richard Daley's victory for his fifth term regarded?
(a) All the way to Washington, D.C.
(b) Throughout the state of Illinois.
(c) Very few people noticed.
(d) Within the Cook County Democrat Party.
4. What was Richard Daley's response after a commission recommended that the police should treat blacks the same as whites?
(a) He assigned another commission under his control that recommended he keep his policies in place.
(b) He relented and began promoting a, "kinder and gentler," police force.
(c) He ignored the recommendations and increased the use of force.
(d) He increased abuse against everybody.
5. In what year did Richard Daley begin his fifth term?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what kind of margin did Richard Daley win the election to his fifth term?
2. What event took place in Chicago during April that foretold conflict at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago?
3. Why did Richard Daley earn a nickname while he was using public funding for various public works projects?
4. How were many of the precinct committee positions earned through the years?
5. What was among the promises that Daley made during the campaign?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)