|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley diffuse the 1970 scandal involving the public officials?
(a) Daley claimed to repay the Cook County Democratic campaign funds.
(b) Daley transfered a few police commanders and vowed to reform the department.
(c) He hired a political adviser who guided him in responding to claims he was losing his mental edge.
(d) Daley claimed to repay the public funds from his bank account.
2. What were the issues that Richard Daley's opponent raised during the election before his fourth term?
(a) The increasing taxes on property and regulations against businesses.
(b) Inadequate housing and bans against African-Americans in Chicago's labor unions.
(c) Daley's harsh law enforcement tactics and racial tension.
(d) Increasing federal intrusion and insufficient education funding.
3. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
(a) Civil Rights lawyer William Kunstler.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Civil Rights activist Martin Luther King.
(d) Police Chief Orlando Wilson.
4. What discrepancy was committed by public officials in 1970 that caused problems for the Daley Administration?
(a) Police officers claimed they were defending themselves against an attack by the Black Panthers.
(b) A Chicago Tribune discovered that Richard Daley's birthday party thrown by City Hall employees was funded illegally with public money.
(c) Those who were critical of Daley's decisions pointed to his avoidance of the public as evidence he was becoming a recluse.
(d) A political opponent of Daley's reported that the trip to the Bahamas given as a gift to Daley was illegally funded with campaign donations.
5. What public office traditionally rose through the Chicago Democratic political system?
(a) Chief of Police.
(b) City Manager.
(d) U.S. Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
2. What was one of the issues that members of the Democratic Central Committee used to oppose Richard Daley during his campaign to become Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
3. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
4. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
5. How deeply institutionalized was segregation in Chicago's city planning departments?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)