|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Richard Daley's opponent during his fourth run for Mayor?
(a) Ben Adamowski.
(b) John Warner.
(c) Orlando Wilson.
(d) Robert Merriam.
2. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) The Liberals.
(b) The Neophytes.
(c) New Democrats.
(d) Young Thugs.
3. How widely regarded was Richard Daley's victory for his fifth term regarded?
(a) Throughout the state of Illinois.
(b) Within the Cook County Democrat Party.
(c) All the way to Washington, D.C.
(d) Very few people noticed.
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(b) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(c) Ignore their presence on the list.
(d) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
5. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) No one.
(c) The Governor of Illinois.
(d) The Mayor of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to ward committeemen if they did not deliver votes on election day?
2. What happened to Richard Daley's popularity in Chicago after the turmoil of the 1968 Democratic National Convention?
3. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
4. How did Richard Daley's selection for the 1970 Cook County Sheriff's race show in the election?
5. By what kind of margin did Richard Daley win the election to his fifth term?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)