|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
(a) Labor unions.
(b) Law enforcement agencies.
(c) Bowling leagues.
(d) Public schools.
2. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
(a) Each neighborhood was able to earn federal funds to support racial minorities.
(b) Each neighborhood had a connection with organized crime and rum runners.
(c) Each neighborhood had a core of entreprenuers who created jobs.
(d) Each neighborhood had industrial plants to employ local residents.
3. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Paul Douglas.
(b) Benjamin Adamowski.
(c) Clarence Wager.
(d) Adlai Stevenson.
4. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
(a) He introduced Daley to his wife.
(b) He chose Daley as his Chief of Staff.
(c) He rented a room to Daley so he could get to work on time.
(d) He taught Daley the ins and outs of Chicago's political machine.
5. To what did Richard Daley credit his large majorities in African-American precincts?
(a) Street repair projects.
(b) His door-to-door campaigning.
(c) The involvement of Martin Luther King in civil rights controversies.
(d) His decision to move into an African-American neighborhood to initiate desegregation efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
2. What did the response of contenders for the 1972 Democrat Presidential Nomination signify to Richard Daley?
3. Who did Richard Daley replace at the beginning of his fourth term?
4. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
5. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)