|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was among the influences for which Vito Marzullo was well known?
(a) Finding new political talent.
(b) "Voting the graveyard."
(c) Selecting judges.
(d) Eliminated political enemies.
2. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
(a) They met when Daley took his only defense stand against Marovitz.
(b) They met at the wedding of Daley and his wife.
(c) They met when Marovitz was prosecuting one of Daley's gangster friends.
(d) They met when Marovitz was a young prosecutor and Daley was a clerk in the City Council.
3. Why did some members of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee believe that Richard Daley was not suited for the position of Chairman?
(a) Some saw him as too liberal.
(b) He was thought to be indecisive.
(c) He was too conservative.
(d) His professional background was considered to be to controversial.
4. What is a campaign tactic that Richard Daley used against all of his election opponents?
(a) He would have public debates against the opponent and stack the audience in his favor.
(b) The Chicago Democrat Machine spread scandalous stories about the opponent that was either false or irrelevant, but Daley kept himself detatched from the stories.
(c) He campaigned door-to-door in precincts where he was polling behind his opponent.
(d) On election day he had public works projects on streets for polling sites in precincts where he feared losing.
5. When did racial conflicts begin to become public in Chicago?
(a) During the Vietnam War.
(b) After Jackie Robinson broke Major League Baseball's color barrier in 1947.
(c) During the late 1950s.
(d) During the early 1960s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
2. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
3. Who was Richard Daley's opponent during his fourth run for Mayor?
4. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
5. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)