|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
(a) Bowling leagues.
(b) Labor unions.
(c) Public schools.
(d) Law enforcement agencies.
2. In what year was Richard Daley born?
3. Who was Richard Daley's opponent during his fourth run for Mayor?
(a) Orlando Wilson.
(b) Robert Merriam.
(c) Ben Adamowski.
(d) John Warner.
4. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Police Chief Orlando Wilson.
(c) Civil Rights activist Martin Luther King.
(d) Civil Rights lawyer William Kunstler.
5. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
(a) He was fired by the committee and Daley appointed himself.
(b) He declared that he changed parties to Republican and ran with that party.
(c) He died in an auto accident days before the election and Daley appointed himself as candidate after the death.
(d) Daley was drafted to run for Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did certain politicians consider Richard Daley's influence in 1971?
2. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
3. What was Richard Daley's family background?
4. What were the qualifications that a ward committeeman had to prove to get appointed to the head of a city department?
5. Why did Richard Daley earn a nickname while he was using public funding for various public works projects?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)