|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(c) Adalai Stevenson.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
2. How did certain politicians consider Richard Daley's influence in 1971?
(a) Since he faced no competition he was not considered a serious political influence.
(b) National politicians still considered him someone who could produce votes.
(c) The bizarre events preceeding the 1971 elections added to his history of harsh treatment of his opponenets.
(d) Politicians in Illinois saw his influence on the wane.
3. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
(a) His membership in a club named the Hamburgs that spawned a number of successful Chicago politicians.
(b) His ability to see and negotiate his way through conflict.
(c) His unique skill as an orator to persuade even the most seasoned officeholder to take action.
(d) His quiet and earnest work to help all voters get to the polls.
4. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
(a) The Governor of Illinois.
(b) No one.
(c) The Mayor of Chicago.
(d) The President of the United States.
5. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(b) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(c) With a kiss from his wife.
(d) With a ride in his limo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley able to accomplish with the additional funding that the Republican Governor of Illinois granted to Chicago in 1956?
2. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
3. How did the attention news agencies gave to the April event set up what eventually occurred at the 1968 Democratic National Convention?
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
5. How did the public respond to Richard Daley's response to the outbreaks?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)