|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(b) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
(c) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(d) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
2. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(c) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(d) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
3. In his earlier years as Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley walked down Michigan Avenue to greet people. Why did he stop the practice?
(a) The walk in the early morning air was hard on his declining health.
(b) People who protested his power were a potential threat to his safety.
(c) He moved to a new, spacious house which made a trip to Michigan for a walk impractical.
(d) The neighborhood became run-down and embarrassing.
4. What is the topic for Chapter II?
(a) Richard Daley comes of age.
(b) Richard Daley's rough life.
(c) Chicago models apartied.
(d) Chicago and organized crime.
5. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(b) Duh Mare.
(c) The Man on the Fifth.
(d) The Big Guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result to Richard Daley from the unusual circumstance of Clarence Wagner dropping out of the contest for Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
2. What did Richard Daley provide these organizations to maintain their support?
3. By what kind of margin did Richard Daley win the election to his fifth term?
4. What event took place in Chicago during April that foretold conflict at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago?
5. What happened on Richard Daley's 68th birthday?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)