|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(b) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(c) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(d) Ignore their presence on the list.
2. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Crime was reduced dramatically.
(b) Chicago became the model of political efficiency.
(c) Influence of Republicans was almost eliminated.
(d) Street repairs for Chicago received sufficient funding.
3. What finally forced Richard Daley to hear the demands of Martin Luther King?
(a) White voters became angry with the turmoil in their neighborhoods.
(b) The arrest of Dr. King on the false charges threatened to bring down the Democrat Machine if Daley did not act.
(c) Daley was impressed with Dr. King's vision from the speech.
(d) Daley realized that he had to act to assuage the anger in segregated neighborhoods after Dr. King's assassination.
4. What event took place in Chicago during April that foretold conflict at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago?
(a) Senator Bobby Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) A large peace march was held in Chicago in the Loop area.
(c) Eugene McCarthy's primary victories invigorated the antiwar movement.
(d) Martin Luther King was assassinated.
5. What is the relationship between the precinct captain and the ward committeeman in the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) The precinct captain is the authority over the ward committeeman.
(b) The two are unrelated.
(c) The ward committeeman is the authority of the precinct captain.
(d) The two are the same office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
2. What did Richard Daley do through the evenings of the 1920's after he was finished with his day job with the City?
3. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
4. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
5. In what year was Richard Daley born?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)